Trent Alexander Arnold

He’s this generations Steven Gerrard. No doubt he’s a very good player but because he plays for Liverpool and is scouse he’s monstrously overrated.

I think it's just about possible to be a full back and a star. Roberto Carlos was a star at least. Then there's a few debatable ones.

Considering Dani Alves was already better at everything he is good at, far better physically and has won more trophies than any player ever. He'd have to do miracles and suddenly develop into a much better player at 27.
Ackchyually... Alves was the most decorated player ever at one point but Messi overcame him. Not that it matters in terms of the Trent comparison, Alves was a more all-rounded threat with the ball (even though Trent is probably slightly better purely at crossing and long distance shooting) while still being a much superior defender & athlete. As were a few dozens of fullbacks in history all of whom seem to be basically uncatchable for Trent at this point if his career trajectory doesn't miraculously skyrocket (which isn't completely impossible... but I know that I wouldn't bet on it).

I don’t think that’s silly at all if you are including both sides. There are far better footballers, and far better defenders than him on that sort of list.
And on the flip side he is a fat better attacker than all of them and a better footballer than most.

He has revolutionised the role in the same way Salah has for the wide forward position in the modern PL era.

Everyone taking the piss out of him for some harmless quotes. He turned it around for me with the heartwarming story about him and a pregnant fan that contacted him for her partner’s birthday as he was his hero.

He’s a really good player and the sooner he fecks off to Madrid, the better.

There's a bunch of leftbacks on his list. Think it's just an oversight.
Nope only mentioned full backs in my original post nothing about right or left. Most of those could easily switch over the other side anyway, real footballers with multiple strong positions and in an era where the full back would probably be hooked if he decided that have more than the odd pop at goal.

Nope only mentioned full backs in my original post nothing about right or left. Most of those could easily switch over the other side anyway, real footballers with multiple strong positions and in an era where the full back would probably be hooked if he decided that have more than the odd pop at goal.
I meant the fact that you omitted Evra was an oversight.

And on the flip side he is a fat better attacker than all of them and a better footballer than most.

He has revolutionised the role in the same way Salah has for the wide forward position in the modern PL era.

I wouldn’t say that, to be honest. He is a better passer of the ball than all of them, but I don’t think he is a better footballer than Cole or Irwin for example. Much more complete and well rounded players.

He isn’t particularly gifted as a dribbler, isn’t particularly strong, or fast. He also isn’t good enough to play in midfield (like Lahm or Alaba could if we are talking about the levels he is aspiring too). He also has quite a lengthy list of howlers and lazy moments which the very best just don’t have.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t say that, to be honest. He is a better passer of the ball than all of them, but I don’t think he is a better footballer than Cole or Irwin for example. Much more complete and well rounded players.
So that's two of the 10 (who I agree with you on).

I think Trent is underrated on here, probably due to the bias. Same as how Evra is overrated on here too. It's a given though.