Trent Alexander Arnold

So that's two of the 10 (who I agree with you on).

I think Trent is underrated on here, probably due to the bias. Same as how Evra is overrated on here too. It's a given though.

I agree with you that Liverpool players get underrated here (Gerrard in particular), and that some united players get elevated far too high (Evra is a good example)

But there are so many “weaknesses” to Trent’s game. He needs a position specifically cultivated to him, he isn’t really fast, isn’t really strong, isn’t a great dribbler and has serious frailties as a defender.

How can a player like that be up there with the very best of all time? It’s just the English media going mad again.

He is a good player and a great passer, but “a legend of football” is ridiculous and shows just how much smoke has been blown up his arse.

Does he really think he is up there with Maldini and Carlos? It’s honestly insane.

I thank the fact Trent isn’t a regular starter for his country, and even dropped from the Liverpool side not that long ago, shows he’s not elite level.

I agree with you that Liverpool players get underrated here (Gerrard in particular), and that some united players get elevated far too high (Evra is a good example)

But there are so many “weaknesses” to Trent’s game. He needs a position specifically cultivated to him, he isn’t really fast, isn’t really strong, isn’t a great dribbler and has serious frailties as a defender.

How can a player like that be up there with the very best of all time? It’s just the English media going mad again.

He is a good player and a great passer, but “a legend of football” is ridiculous and shows just how much smoke has been blown up his arse.

Does he really think he is up there with Maldini and Carlos? It’s honestly insane.
Sorry, what?
Evra was an absolutely supreme left back. Unless you're meaning very early on (first few months), or very late on.

I was listening to the Lineker, Shearer, Richards podcast, which I quite like, although I know many will moan about all 3 of those individuals.

They were rating players for certain attributes, like proper all timers, and i can't remember which of the 3 it was, but one of them put Trent as the "best right foot" choice!
Just utterly ridiculous when you've all time greats to pick from.

Sorry, what?
Evra was an absolutely supreme left back. Unless you're meaning very early on (first few months), or very late on.

He was never one of the very best in the world. So I just understood what the poster was saying. He is sometimes included with the very biggest names in that position, and he wasn’t that.

He was never one of the very best in the world. So I just understood what the poster was saying. He is sometimes included with the very biggest names in that position, and he wasn’t that.
All of time he and SAF were at United he was one of best in the world. Hes one of best left backs United ever. Absolutely brilliant

All of time he and SAF were at United he was one of best in the world. Hes one of best left backs United ever. Absolutely brilliant

I don’t agree, he is the same generation of the likes of Lahm, Alves and Marcelo, who were all a level above him. He was great, but he wasn’t at the level of those players. To suggest otherwise shows the bias that the poster was alluding towards.

I don’t agree, he is the same generation of the likes of Lahm, Alves and Marcelo, who were all a level above him. He was great, but he wasn’t at the level of those players. To suggest otherwise shows the bias that the poster was alluding towards.
I agree with you. I feel like he's rated way higher by United fans in comparison to neutrals whereas I feel someone like Ashley Cole for example is rated more fairly.

Sorry, what?
Well in attack he was one of the best, defensively he wasn't. His last 3 or so seasons his defending was very poor.

Sometimes peoples' bitternesses about a player make them downplay a player.
I've often seen people individually dismiss many of even the great 99 team and claim they "just had great players round them", yet never admit who these great players were.

Not surprised rival fans try and dismiss Evra as he's very outspoken.

At the time he was definitely rated well up there, alongside Ashley Cole as the 2 standouts in our league, and thus Europe as we were both proper quality teams.

Trent is a brilliant player and can be one of the best full-backs of his generation but there’s no way that a full-back wins the Ballon d’Or and going to Real Madrid won’t help, he will be lost in their ego battle and end up playing as a water carrier full back to cover for Mbappé, Vini and others.

Only way I could see him win the Ballon d’Or is if England won the World Cup in a Southgate-esque way with low scoring wins and he scores a stunning 30 yard free kick in the final to win 1-0, after setting up the winner for Kane in a 1-0 semi-final after a brilliant cross/pass. All the while no forward stands out whatsoever in either the World Cup or Champions League. For all that to come together is such a remote chance.

That’s rubbish! Evra was an outstanding left back! The 08/09 season id argue he was our most important player. Such a good dribbler of the ball. We miss someone with drive like him.

When his legs went at the end and he couldn’t get back anymore was when he struggled.

At his peak he was 100% world class. God I’d do anything to have peak Evra now!

Erm, yes he was. This underrating of Evra is bizarre.

That’s rubbish! Evra was an outstanding left back! The 08/09 season id argue he was our most important player. Such a good dribbler of the ball. We miss someone with drive like him.

When his legs went at the end and he couldn’t get back anymore was when he struggled.

At his peak he was 100% world class. God I’d do anything to have peak Evra now!

He was a great player that would be amazing to have today, but he wasn’t in the same class as the top FBs in the world of his era.

The only place that would put him in the Marcelo/Alves/Lahm bracket is a United forum.

They are all timers and he isn’t that, as good as he was.

He was a great player that would be amazing to have today, but he wasn’t in the same class as the top FBs in the world of his era.

The only place that would put him in the Marcelo/Alves/Lahm bracket is a United forum.

Those guys peaks didn't really coincide with Evra apart from Lahm, Evra was the second best left back in the world after Cole from about 07-2011.

:lol:

He is a man addicted to giving them a headline.
That premier league title win has given way to some of the most over-the-top takes I’ve seen. I never heard United players coming out with stuff like this when they were averaging one title every two years under Ferguson.

Don’t care what your hypothetical people say, he was so good for us. For me he fell into the world class bracket.

100% he's going to Madrid.

English, only played in England, been at a club since a small a kid and his frame of reference for an English match is a Spanish one rather than the other way around or not at all. Got them on his mind.

Last edited:
Hard to understand why Real Madrid would even entertain the idea of signing him. He just publicly said that his goal is to win Balon d'Or, and they already have three players in their team who wishes to do the same, and look at the chaos that started when Mbappé arrived.

Of course the absence of Kroos plays a massive role in that, but Mbappé's arrival does too. Signing Trent will only make it worse for them, not only because he values individual awards above team awards, but also because he is weak defensively and prone to mistakes, something they really can't afford these days, and especially not against the very best teams in CL if they have hopes of winning it.

100% he's going to Madrid.

English, only played in England, been at a club since a small a kid and his frame of reference for an English match is a Spanish one rather than the other way around or not at all. Got them on his mind.

Of course he is leaving. The Ballon d'or comments tell you what is on his mind. He needs exposure, stardust and trophies.