Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

This us what happened:

Over a cup of coffee one of the Glazer's are logging on this morning just to see Mourinho is annoyed with them. He then abruptly calls Ed and tells him to pull the finger out asap.

48 hours later both Matic & Perisic signed.

This us what happened:

Over a cup of coffee one of the Glazer's are logging on this morning just to see Mourinho is annoyed with them. He then abruptly calls Ed and tells him to pull the finger out asap.

Chelsea finally realised the season is starting soon for them too, they would like some business done themselves yet and while they may of wanted to wait until deadline day to mess up our preseason. I think our interest in others and Fellaini being in talks gave things the hurry up from their end. There is even mention of £40M and not the 50M they wanted. I guessing they gave into our 40M bid reluctantly in the fear we'd pull out altogether and they are left with a pissed off Matic. The game of cat and mouse had turned.

Did you manage to see Perisic yesterday?

This us what happened:

So he expects a lot from his players, his staff and the owners and will lambast them from shrinking away from the task. Sounds like the guy I want steering United back to the top.

So he expects a lot from his players, his staff and the owners and will lambast them from shrinking away from the task. Sounds like the guy I want steering United back to the top.
Agree that's a good thing. I was just joking though and it's every chance this idea that Mourinho is unhappy with the owners isn't true.

Chelsea finally realised the season is starting soon for them too, they would like some business done themselves yet and while they may of wanted to wait until deadline day to mess up our preseason. I think our interest in others and Fellaini being in talks gave things the hurry up from their end. There is even mention of £40M and not the 50M they wanted. I guessing they gave into our 40M bid reluctantly in the fear we'd pull out altogether and they are left with a pissed off Matic. The game of cat and mouse had turned.

Did you manage to see Perisic yesterday?
Yep this sounds plausible.

With regards to Perisic I haven't seen him really before y'day he did look good.

Also says we could allow Fellaini to move to Galatasaray. He's already agreed a 4-year deal with them, with one of Galatasaray's board members set to arrive in Manchester in the next few days to finalize the deal.

Also says we could allow Fellaini to move to Galatasaray. He's already agreed a 4-year deal with them, with one of Galatasaray's board members set to arrive in Manchester in the next few days to finalize the deal.

Not sure how to feel about this. Is Matic really going to improve us? Maybe two/three years ago; now, I'm not so sure.

Interesting that every media outlet has been reporting this since morning. Nothing for the last past few days and so many reports now.

Not sure how to feel about this. Is Matic really going to improve us? Maybe two/three years ago; now, I'm not so sure.
He'll fill the defensive role, allowing Pogba and Herrera more freedom

Also, Matic in and Fella out could mean fewer games for defensive Carrick and more games for offensive Pereira

Would love if City could some how nick Mbappe from Madrid. Looks a grand player but paying double what we paid for Pogba for an 18 year old would be pretty terrible business. Pep will already top 500m in 1 year and City are probably nearing 3bn when you think about stadium and training complex etc. We are generally pretty terrible at picking future stars out at that age - for every 2-3 that are correct there are 15-20 wrong. Madrid went all out for Odegaard and paying him 100,000 a week, Bayern paid 50m for Sanches and both players look like they not only won't become the worlds best as predicted, but looks like they won't even impact the first team. Both of these players were tipped as the big thing in the previous two summers. I know that fans are saying 'yes but mbappe is different'. Every single time this happens people say 'this time is different'. Feel for Mbappe personally, he is probably getting poor advice from people that want to cash in on him and make money while his stock is hot.

Would love if City could some how nick Mbappe from Madrid. Looks a grand player but paying double what we paid for Pogba for an 18 year old would be pretty terrible business. Pep will already top 500m in 1 year and City are probably nearing 3bn when you think about stadium and training complex etc. We are generally pretty terrible at picking future stars out at that age - for every 2-3 that are correct there are 15-20 wrong. Madrid went all out for Odegaard and paying him 100,000 a week, Bayern paid 50m for Sanches and both players look like they not only won't become the worlds best as predicted, but looks like they won't even impact the first team. Both of these players were tipped as the big thing in the previous two summers. I know that fans are saying 'yes but mbappe is different'. Every single time this happens people say 'this time is different'. Feel for Mbappe personally, he is probably getting poor advice from people that want to cash in on him and make money while his stock is hot.

What if Mbappe turns out to be the real deal?

I'd hate for City to have a player like that :nervous:

What if Mbappe turns out to be the real deal?

I'd hate for City to have a player like that :nervous:
Personally think it is as likely Sane will, or Martial for that matter. worth the risk considering how much pressure spending 180 on a single player would put the team under. they have built their whole clubs identity around trying to copy barcelona, nearly 10 years of work - where would they be left if they spent 3bn and got the manager they wanted in the end and sacked him after 2 years

Screen_Shot_2017-07-30_at_14.57.39.png

The Birthmark could have been shopped too.. But if this is really happening. I for one am welcoming him... Welcome No 31 :drool:

He's not particularly exciting but it really is a position we needed to improve in - Herrera/Pogba were completely wasted in a holding role, so let's hope it unleashes them, especially Pogba, as an attacking force.

Looking at the team, it looks far more balanced...if Martial and Mkhitaryan find some form, things all of a sudden don't look too bad. Could do with another creative type but it'll be a good, solid signing.

I would have believed it if the number wasnt 31. Looks like someone trying hard to play the Fellaini out and Matic in card at once.