Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

I am a big martial fan but if he decided to let his confidence go down because he lost his number 9 then I really doubt lad's mental strength.

I think I appreciated what your reply was meant to be quite well. If i were in the room with the Glazers and one of them raised the same doubts you had, then this would be my reply. If it's a harsh tone that's because this truth should sting the owners. They miscalculated how quickly the money would flow into the sport w other teams in under investing before SAF retired. They screwed up monumentally hiring DM. Now They are on the cusp of making or breaking this business in the short term and need a shake up.

I say short term because we are fortunate to have become the most successful club in England during a golden period of globalization. It's allowed us to build a worldwide fanbase larger than the clubs I mentioned as warning. This will extend our period of grace but shouldn't be seen as an excuse to cut corners.
To which I agree. I've never been a big fan of spending myself but this is a necessity before we fall into obscurity. I think the owners are in a shock on how much we need to spend after relative success without much spending.

I don't know what was required of José to achieve last season but I'm guessing the CL was an objective but it's hard for them to overlook the poor league campaign after a heavy investment last summer. I'm more inclined that more money will be released of our targets this summer had a longer life span i.e younger player's. I vividly remember Woodward stating that the club were majorly interested in backing bids for 25 year olds and below in the transfer windows. The
Could this be a reason for an assumed hesitation? If it's true and José knows this, why doesn't he have other viable option given how much work we have put in our scouting development lately. If rumours are true, only 4 of 8 of his signings would have been under 25, the rest nearing 30 compared to City whose investments mainly fall on the younger side.

With all things in life, you don't take something that belongs to someone else and pass it on. Even though I can see the reasoning behind it, as Zlatan is an established senior player and a star at that, I expect a more reasonable decision from a 50+ year old adult.

Unprofessional and disrespectful towards Martial. At the time when Mourinho arrived, Martial was basically our go-to-guy. So, as #9 was occupied, I just don't understand why he didn't give, say, the vacant #11 to Zlatan instead of complicating this.
Number 9 doesn't belong to Martial or anyone...

I am a big martial fan but if he decided to let his confidence go down because he lost his number 9 then I really doubt lad's mental strength.

I actually do agree with that, just merely pointing out that it was unnecessary. Why not just continue as is.

Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool have a strong interest in signing 15-year-old Dutch youth defender MelayroBogarde, nephew of former Chelsea defender Winston Bogarde, say the Observer.

Bogarde plays for Feyenoord, and will be a free agent on May 28 next year when he turns 16.

Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool have a strong interest in signing 15-year-old Dutch youth defender MelayroBogarde, nephew of former Chelsea defender Winston Bogarde, say the Observer.

Bogarde plays for Feyenoord, and will be a free agent on May 28 next year when he turns 16.
Hope this youngster is more motivated than his uncle.

Yeah, media makes things up and then connect 2 and 2 and end up with 5. I dont believe one second it is related, Woody acting the minute news about Jose not being happy emerged.

Exactly. There were earlier rumors of Matic yesterday before the Mirror report about Mourinho being annoyed.

Well Matic is a good signing. Definitely opens up Herrera and Pogba to have a little more freedom.
Selling Fellaini no matter how bad people want him to leave, still leaves us with a gap in midfield unless he decides to play 4231 more than a 433

FFP is stupid anyway.

No club should be told how much they can and can't spend.

Any club can spend whatever they want. FFP does not restrict spending however it must be generated from football related activities. If City generates £500m per season through footballing revenue (TV, Turnstiles, merchandising, Corporate entertainment etc) and it costs them £250m to do it with all the wages chucked in, absolutely, if they want to spunk £50m here and £50m there on defenders no issue.

The problem is when you get somebody coming in to buy a club, their family sponsors a new Academy facility to the tune of £200m and they then go spend that on players, it means the league is less competitive as a result.

Well Matic is a good signing. Definitely opens up Herrera and Pogba to have a little more freedom.
Selling Fellaini no matter how bad people want him to leave, still leaves us with a gap in midfield unless he decides to play 4231 more than a 433
Really think Jose is open to trying Pereira and McTominay instead. He might see the latter's height and try to make a Fellaini out of him.

Barca now being linked with Griezman, am I the only one who thinks we will bring him in as an inside forward off the left come January and matic will be our last signing this summer?

Maybe that will allow Perreira to cement his place in the team besides I think we will sign a DM.

That implication does not follow at all, although we kind of are already with the UK TV deal. We have states backing football teams and playing a game of international keeping up with the Jonses. This is way beyond some teams having a bit more cash than others.

Also, we really couldn't buy the whole West Ham team for a whole host of reasons.

United don't have "a bit more cash than others". In terms of our ability to spend we have more financial power than the bottom 15 teams in the league combined. Our commercial revenue likewise is greater than the bottom 15 teams in the league combined. If we as a club are so concerned with rich clubs being able to spend so much more than anyone else; then perhaps we should lead the fight and split our £268m commercial revenue between the poorest 15 teams in the league?

If United fans were honest with themselves they're just annoyed that we have another two teams in the league that can compete with us for players and trophies. Personally though I think Chelsea/City are the best thing to happen to the Premier League in 20 years. The league was in massive danger in the early 00's of becoming a Bundesliga type monopoly. Arsenal were gearing up to move stadium so had zero financial strength, Chelsea were on the verge of bankruptcy, Liverpool were Liverpool. United would have literally had the pick of any Premier League player that they would want and would have focused on weakening any rivals just as much as strengthening themselves.

Likewise the huge fee's Chelsea & City paid and are paying is having a trickle down effect to improving the rest of the league. Most Premier League teams have benefited from inflated fees paid by those two - Swansea/Bony £28m, Spurs/Walker £50m, Liverpool/Torres £50m, Liverpool/Sterling £50m, Arsenal/Adebayor £25m, Arsenal/Nasri £24m, Everton/Lescott £24m, Everton/Stones £50m, Everton/Rodwell £15m, Villa/Milner £26m, Blackburn/Santa Cruz £18m, United with Mikel/Veron etcetc.

It would also have had a massive adverse effect on the TV revenues we're enjoying so much. A lack of competition would lead to reduced demand (particularly overseas).

It's the wrong thread for this discussion though.

To which I agree. I've never been a big fan of spending myself but this is a necessity before we fall into obscurity. I think the owners are in a shock on how much we need to spend after relative success without much spending.

I don't know what was required of José to achieve last season but I'm guessing the CL was an objective but it's hard for them to overlook the poor league campaign after a heavy investment last summer. I'm more inclined that more money will be released of our targets this summer had a longer life span i.e younger player's. I vividly remember Woodward stating that the club were majorly interested in backing bids for 25 year olds and below in the transfer windows. The
Could this be a reason for an assumed hesitation? If it's true and José knows this, why doesn't he have other viable option given how much work we have put in our scouting development lately. If rumours are true, only 4 of 8 of his signings would have been under 25, the rest nearing 30 compared to City whose investments mainly fall on the younger side.

Is that right? Hmmm if true that's actually nice to hear. In practicality I'm still with Jose on this (if the media is portraying this truthfully). We need to strengthen the veteran core of this team. We have several under 25 and promising players already. I'm glad to add more but the former is essential to grooming them appropriately.

This is where I find one of the most detrimental decisions this club has made to be letting Evra, Rio, Vidic, RVP all go in quick succession. Even in their waning days their influence would have been great. Imagine Uncle Pat in Martials ear!

This is where I find one of the most detrimental decisions this club has made to be letting Evra, Rio, Vidic, RVP all go in quick succession. Even in their waning days their influence would have been great. Imagine Uncle Pat in Martials ear!
Moyes happened!

I want to see him leave, but this is laughable. These accounts are garbage and shouldn't be posted here.
SO this is not happening?

Seems an awful lost of smoke for to be no fire but are you saying they are all quoting each other or the one weak source?

SO this is not happening?

Seems an awful lost of smoke for to be no fire but are you saying they are all quoting each other or the one weak source?

Galatasaray's president confirmed the talks for Fellaini, so there's every reason to believe something's happening.

I'm just saying that it's hard to believe this shite aggregator account has connections at any club, let alone one of the biggest ones in Turkey.

whether you like the players we are seemingly going to buy or not, its very good news things seem to be progressing and mourinho is getting the players he wants. I think 40m for matic in this sort of window is a decent buy, highly rated player signing for a rival for 40m is good business in my eyes.

Other than rvp, they weren't in their waning days, evra and rio had gone full on rooney for us when they were let go and vidic wasn't that far behind. Am i the only one who remembers how poor evra was defensively in his last 1-2 years here even under fergie, rio had lost his pace and was a big liability at back, vidic was going downhill fast, there is a reason why only evra of those 3 actually managed to play at a decent level and perform well and that too was helped by being in a slower league with a worldclass back 3 protecting and masking his mistakes.

Galatasaray's president confirmed the talks for Fellaini, so there's every reason to believe something's happening.

I'm just saying that it's hard to believe this shite aggregator account has connections at any club, let alone one of the biggest ones in Turkey.
I get ya, cheers. I actually forgot the club confirmed it.

I like Fellaini, he has a good atitude and not a bad sub to bring on as an extra striker type. But he is not a 6 or 8 at the level we need to be aiming for. I really hope he does well for Gala. He deserves a little respect for all the good he did in red albeit in a limited capacity. We'll forget the bad or I will at least he already gets enough stick.

Other than rvp, they weren't in their waning days, evra and rio had gone full on rooney for us when they were let go and vidic wasn't that far behind. Am i the only one who remembers how poor evra was defensively in his last 1-2 years here even under fergie, rio had lost his pace and was a big liability at back, vidic was going downhill fast, there is a reason why only evra of those 3 actually managed to play at a decent level and perform well and that too was helped by being in a slower league with a worldclass back 3 protecting and masking his mistakes.

By waning I mean they were indeed in decline. So I agree with you. But there's an art to phasing out and replacing that dressing room influence and experience that Fergie was so good at. We (Moyes) went about it like an idiot, removing the staff as well.

Urgh enough about that. Like talking about an awful ex that you look back and say 'man that screwed my up but I learned a lot '