Transfer Tweets - Summer 2015 | Stop Spamming - Discussion Should Relate to Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.
After he left RM, he gave an interview in which he insinuated that he initially wanted to go to PSG but they didnt have the money to land him. He signed for us because we paid him the most, if PSG paid as much as we did he would have not come here. I think he should be sold and lets get a player who wants to play at Old Trafford.

Not exactly, it wasn't about his wage but about the transfer fee, PSG couldn't give Real Madrid what they wanted.

After he left RM, he gave an interview in which he insinuated that he initially wanted to go to PSG but they didnt have the money to land him. He signed for us because we paid him the most, if PSG paid as much as we did he would have not come here. I think he should be sold and lets get a player who wants to play at Old Trafford.

no he didn't. That was media raff, PSG would only beat us to him because we had no CL.

This is what he said: "“PSG, I think they had a money problem and they couldn’t buy players,” he said. “This is the main reason I didn’t go there."

He was most likely asked why he didn't sign for PSG and that was his answer. Nowhere does he state they were his first choice. PSG were linked to him before we came into the fold, so he most likely set his sights on leaving Real "despicable" Madrid for PSG, until he found out they couldn't buy him. "But Manchester United appeared and didn’t go away. They absolutely wanted me and it happened.” Looks like we established our interest, so he joined us.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2510651/psg-transfer-plan-uefa-lift-financial-fair-play-restrictions

I don't think UEFA would lift their restrictions if PSG couldn't make a profit after a potential big signing.

As in the article they had to reduce their deficit to 30m by the end of last season and to reduce to zero by the end of the coming season, they have to break even overall.
Just been looking at PSG fans comments - they are extremely unhappy- we expect to get Cech, we get Trapp, we expect to get Pogba, we get Stambouli , we expect to get AdM, who are we going to get? Bring back Leonardo etc etc

This is what he said: "“PSG, I think they had a money problem and they couldn’t buy players,” he said. “This is the main reason I didn’t go there."

He was most likely asked why he didn't sign for PSG and that was his answer. Nowhere does he state they were his first choice. PSG were linked to him before we came into the fold, so he most likely set his sights on leaving Real "despicable" Madrid for PSG, until he found out they couldn't buy him. "But Manchester United appeared and didn’t go away. They absolutely wanted me and it happened.” Looks like we established our interest, so he joined us.
"PSG, I think they had a money problem and they couldn't buy players," he told French station Telefoot. "This is the main reason I didn't go there. Playing in the French league would please a lot of players.

"Now I'm in the English league. But you never know, there is a lot of movement in football. You can never predict where you're going to play.

"There were a lot of clubs interested in me, a lot really. But Manchester United appeared and didn't go away. They absolutely wanted me and it happened."

"It could have been a good experience for me to go to Paris. I know I'm still young, perhaps I'll go to PSG one day. I don't know how it will all end."

http://en.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/369355.html

Doesn't sound that enthusiastic about joining United in that interview.

"PSG, I think they had a money problem and they couldn't buy players," he told French station Telefoot. "This is the main reason I didn't go there. Playing in the French league would please a lot of players.

"Now I'm in the English league. But you never know, there is a lot of movement in football. You can never predict where you're going to play.

"There were a lot of clubs interested in me, a lot really. But Manchester United appeared and didn't go away. They absolutely wanted me and it happened."

"It could have been a good experience for me to go to Paris. I know I'm still young, perhaps I'll go to PSG one day. I don't know how it will all end."

If them quotes are accurate then that is disgustingly disrespectful to United.

@Jev @unitedbhoy He was interviewed by a French football programme, and we don't even know the questions he was asked...

Have either of you bothered reading the interviews he gave after joining? Or even his most recent interview? He's always stated that he's happy playing for Manchester United. Moreover, if he wants to leave, you can't blame him as it's been rumoured that his wife is unhappy, which seems to be the result of the break in.

If that is what he said then I wouldn't care less if we sold him, I'm glad now I didn't get Di Maria on my shirt I got Herrera!

Feck me, Firmino is one weird looking dude.

If that is what he said then I wouldn't care less if we sold him, I'm glad now I didn't get Di Maria on my shirt I got Herrera!

He conveniently left out the following
Despite opting to leave Champions League winners Real for a club who failed to qualify for continental football this season, Di Maria is convinced he made the correct decision.

It's a different style of football here at Manchester United," he continued. "I'm very happy. I don't have regrets about leaving Real Madrid. I think I won everything I wanted with Real: La Liga, the Champions League and the Copa del Rey."

Last edited:

It's been clear for a while that Llorente would likely leave this summer, not sure why they're all jumping over it now like it's brand new information. It's even more clear now considering Mandzukic and Zaza have both been brought in. Confident in saying it won't be to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.