Transfer Tweets - Summer 2015 | Stop Spamming - Discussion Should Relate to Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.
so what is better , having players in the team that want to play here or keeping players that clearly don't want to be here (if you believe what is being written)
Best player or not if a player want to leave then let him.

Regardless of the rest of the post, that is not advisable under any circumstances. You can't condemn a player because of what you read in the paper.

Regardless of the rest of the post, that is not advisable under any circumstances. You can't condemn a player because of what you read in the paper.
I already know that, but if the players really wanted to stay, they would come out and say it.
I don't condemn any player, everybody changes their job at some stage , footballers are no different.

Keegan's just read the Goal France report from 3 weeks ago when PSG "opened talks with United and ADM agreed a pre-contract " and have since met 73 times but no-one has agreed anything:rolleyes:

Its this, psg want him so they are taking a leaf out of real madrid's transfer playbook. Do people really think if it was true the rest of the journalists wouldn't be all over it? British transfer record player unhappy and about to join psg and like 2 places are actually reporting it?

I already know that, but if the players really wanted to stay, they would come out and say it.
I don't condemn any player, everybody changes their job at some stage , footballers are no different.

Pretty sure he already has a few times this summer, maybe he has changed his mind though

But people keep saying that and it never works that way, the only player Ive heard to actually positively come out and say he's staying recently was delph and he left a few days later. The issue is people read things and take them at face value but the reality is everybody has their own agenda they are pushing and to be blind to that or wilfully ignore it is asking for trouble.

I'd add the freekick goal and the two assists for Rooney and Mata's wondergoals to the list.

Yes let's take perfectly legitimate goals and assists away. Wow look at that. He has 0 assists and 0 goals.

There's a difference between looking like you're struggling and looking like you can't be arsed.

Yes but the can't be asked part is you're own opinion tbh. Getting sent off vs Arsenal didn't look like he couldn't be asked to me.

There's a difference between looking like you're struggling and looking like you can't be arsed.

People who are struggling react in different ways though, some people try to hide and on a football pitch its very easy for that to look like a player can't be arsed, he's not the first to do it and he won't be that last.

I got happy reading it and then I saw below it Llorente news for which, if I am not wrong, source is fecking Mirror. Given that, not sure how much to believe the Pedro part of AS article.

That's close to 17m basic and 4 mill add on. Not too costly. If we are selling AdM, let's sell for close to £50m and we get a nice profit.

That's close to 17m basic and 4 mill add on. Not too costly. If we are selling AdM, let's sell for close to £50m and we get a nice profit.
pedro is not a di maria replacement.

He's to boost the striking options.

How highly do you rate him?
I want him to stay, feel he's better than what some give him credit for. I won't lie, he's not better than Messi, Suarez and Neymar, but there's no shame in that. For the prices quoted, i feel you're getting a bargain. One issue for me is can he physically deal with the Premier League.

Pedro is a winger

Not exactly tbh, hes very much a forward, even if he operates out wide quite a bit. For instance Neymar is not a winger, even though he plays wide left for Barca

Edited my post, do you think he'll play on our RW?

I imagine if we play 4-3-3 then yes, but I don't think him and Depay (on the left) will operate like wingers... make of that what you like.
Also I would imagine quite a bit of interchange between the front 3.

I imagine if we play 4-3-3 then yes, but I don't think him and Depay (on the left) will operate like wingers... make of that what you like.
Also I would imagine quite a bit of interchange between the front 3.
Yeah I'd agree with that. Sounds :drool: too...

No idea who Alberto Pereiro is, but Dutch media haven't written a thing about Cillessen. He's currently with Ajax on tour and is playing their friendlies, Kishna isn't because he's about to be sold. Ajax aren't linked to a new keeper either whilst they would need to replace Cillessen as their 2nd keeper Boer isn't good enough.

See no reason to believe this yet. Cillessen won't be bought as 2nd keeper and I'm certain of that, wether van Gaal sees him as first choice I'm not sure. My guess would be no, but the lad does have enough potential so van Gaal might judge him better than me.

Think I've seen Szczesny linked to Ajax, but also Roma. Ajax must like their 'keepers to have names that are difficult to spell.

Ramos would be a great signing but I can't get excited about anything that sees De Gea leaving no matter how inevitable it has been.
As many have said, I can't be excited about the Ramos deal if it means De Gea is gone this summer. The way we are building the team, I seriously reckon we can challenge for titles and De Gea is key to that. Think of how many points he earned us last season. Although Ramos is a very good player, it is a gamble. A rash defender in a league that would punish that kind of rashness. He would need to hit the ground running in a big way to cover the loss of De Gea.

I'm inclined to agree, I still don't want to see such a brilliant 'keeper leave. I think the position is so under appreciated, a good goalkeeper gives you a solid, reliable base to build a defence upon. You only have to see the improvement when we signed Van Der Sar, and how we struggled in the transition between Schmeichel and Edwin.

The second bit regarding Ramos though, I disagree. Ramos has experience and pace, but more importantly, composure. We need a defender comfortable on the ball. If you look at the way we are trying to play, we dominate possession and the defenders see a lot of the ball. Defensively, they generally have little to do, and most teams are forced to play a counter attacking style against us. This is where pace is very important, as well as composure and ability on the ball. With a stronger midfield as well, the defenders should have less defending to do, but more responsibility in possession.

Gianluca Di MarzioVerificeret konto‏@DiMarzio
#Romero to @ManUtd is almost done: three years contract for the argentinian goalkeeper

I prefer Romero as first choice to Cillessen from the little I've seen of the two. If he's to be a back up 'keeper though, I'm happy with that strength in depth. I like Johnstone though too, he could have a big future for us.

I think it's pretty clear that De Gea was taken on tour to strengthen our position, but he won't play, and he's almost certainly not injured. It's also pretty clear that Di Maria wanted PSG from the very start, but they couldn't afford him last season. Now that they can, I'd expect him to leave as well. The issues we've had with Valdes mean that he'll be out the door soon too, so we will need a new 'keeper, and I think it's Romero.

The rumours of Pedro solve two issues we have, a replacement for Di Maria, and cover for Rooney. A while ago, before Di Maria was set to leave, Van Gaal said we were in for two more players: Romero and Ramos. Now with Di Maria leaving, it'll be three: Romero, Ramos and Pedro.

This way, Benzema to Arsenal and Reus to Madrid makes sense.
Bayern saying they will sell no other player to United makes sense.
Dortmund rejecting the sale of Aubameyang to Arsenal makes sense.
Barcelona signing Arda Turan as cover to replace Pedro makes sense.

But who replaces Ramos at Real Madrid? Otamendi?

I think it's pretty clear that De Gea was taken on tour to strengthen our position, but he won't play, and he's almost certainly not injured. It's also pretty clear that Di Maria wanted PSG from the very start, but they couldn't afford him last season. Now that they can, I'd expect him to leave as well. The issues we've had with Valdes mean that he'll be out the door soon too, so we will need a new 'keeper, and I think it's Romero.

The rumours of Pedro solve two issues we have, a replacement for Di Maria, and cover for Rooney. A while ago, before Di Maria was set to leave, Van Gaal said we were in for two more players: Romero and Ramos. Now with Di Maria leaving, it'll be three: Romero, Ramos and Pedro.

Evans? We can help out here.

I want him to stay, feel he's better than what some give him credit for. I won't lie, he's not better than Messi, Suarez and Neymar, but there's no shame in that. For the prices quoted, i feel you're getting a bargain. One issue for me is can he physically deal with the Premier League.
My friend, the question is, can the Premier league deal with him?

There's tweet discussion, then there's a shit load of discussion that should really be in the di Maria thread.

:(

We have too much money for sense now. "Oh DiMaria had a dodgy season so get lets get rid and get another shiny toy, it doesn't matter if he's our record buy and a worldclass player, we have plenty of wonga Van Man!".

ed-woodward-1405921082.jpg

Di Maria was the wrong 'shiny toy' in the first place. We're finally buying the players we need and if that means that ADM has to leave to open up a place in the squad, so be it.

We have too much money for sense now. "Oh DiMaria had a dodgy season so get lets get rid and get another shiny toy, it doesn't matter if he's our record buy and a worldclass player, we have plenty of wonga Van Man!".

If that world class player wants to leave what to do then?
LVG said it himself, it's up to the player.

That same man whose pic you posted has had a really god transfer window thus far.

All of that ignores the most obvious issue, which is that he doesn't appear to suit LVG's style of play/what he wants from him. So if that is the case - though personally I'd prefer coaches to be able to get the best from what they have - then it makes perfect sense to try to recover most of his value and spend it on a player that can do what LVG wants. Also - and I appreciate this is subjective - I don't think he's looked remotely arsed about being here since early on in his time.

Well that's sorted then, /thread

Selling Di Maria is the wrong decision. Every player deserves at least 2 season to prove himself. We gave the likes of Anderson feckin over 5 years to prove himself !!

Di Maria was the wrong 'shiny toy' in the first place. We're finally buying the players we need and if that means that ADM has to leave to open up a place in the squad, so be it.
Gotta say I do agree with this, as well as the post directly above mine (by El-Manos). ADM is a fantastic player, but he was not one of the top three players for us last season and for me, he didn't justify the cash we spent on him. Personally I'd prefer he stay, and improve and adapt, but I would prefer our signings be more in line with what the manager feels will help us win rather than "marquee for the sake of marquee" signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.