Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

A make or break transfer window for Ten Hag. He will lose his job if we feck it up and then we're probably stuck with Southgate.

I’m happy he’s staying. Better than the available managers. I’m unsure whether the right decision is to give him a new contract now though. Surely you’d want to wait until like December when your half way through the season and see how we’re doing because on the off chance he has another terrible season and they want to sack him later on it will just be more money wasted to pay him off.

I’m happy he’s staying. Better than the available managers. I’m unsure whether the right decision is to give him a new contract now though. Surely you’d want to wait until like December when your half way through the season and see how we’re doing because on the off chance he has another terrible season and they want to sack him later on it will just be more money wasted to pay him off.
Imagine the new contract is to show they’re backing the manager after all the chat of him being sacked, leaving him on current contract just makes him look like a lame duck with everyone just waiting for him to be sacked.

Kerkez, only buying one midfielder IF Casemiro leaves.. doesn't sound inspiring but let's see

A chance? That's bollox. Romano hasn't a clue (and under Ineos I get the impression there won't that many leaks) He's great for the here we goes 5 mins before anyone else, if you care about that type of thing, but don't bother outside of that.

Transfer podcasts are a waste of time.

Last edited:
The new contract will surely be to change his role to more of a ‘Head Coach’ and reduce his involvement in transfers etc.

Kerkez, only buying one midfielder IF Casemiro leaves.. doesn't sound inspiring but let's see

United and doing nowhere near enough to fill their holes in the squad, name a more iconic duo.

Will only sign a midfielder if Casemiro leaves? So our ponderous, defensively terrible midfield will just have to improve under the coaching of a man who has clearly not been able to do that for 2 seasons. Yeah that sounds real promising and I’m choosing to not believe that. If a quality DM is not one of the priorities this summer, regardless of Casemiro, we are in trouble.

Good stuff. Now can everyone stop crying about how indecisive we are? We made a clear calculated decision based on all the available factors

Agree. I wanted ETH gone for obvious reasons during the season, but I think this is the most reasonable option given the alternatives.

United and doing nowhere near enough to fill their holes in the squad, name a more iconic duo.
He's only talking about the obvious transfers though. Varane and Martial have left, so need replacing and we clearly can't go into the season without another LB. He's just being safe, I would be shocked if that's all we do.

ETH is reported to "take a back seat" in recruitment, so can be no longer blamed for transfers

So, who will pick the team for each match?

I mean if ETH doesn't pick the players we sign this summer & he doesn't think they are good enough to get in the team because he didn't want them then what?

He's only talking about the obvious transfers though. Varane and Martial have left, so need replacing and we clearly can't go into the season without another LB. He's just being safe, I would be shocked if that's all we do.
Would be an unbelievably disappointing window if that's the case.

A LB isn’t that urgent tbh. We almost certainly won’t be losing a LB so I don’t think we need one really. We needed one last season of course, but last season has finished now.

A LB isn’t that urgent tbh. We almost certainly won’t be losing a LB so I don’t think we need one really. We needed one last season of course, but last season has finished now.
I think we'll be looking for a Malacia upgrade / replacement. We just can't run the risk of a repeat of last season.

A LCB is probably a smarter move than a LB in my opinion. If we bought Branthwaite for example then Martinez can cover LB.

But we do need one or the other, Shaw can't be relied on.

It's basically urgent. We've got Shaw, who can't be trusted at all, and a lad who didn't make a single appearance last season and for all we know won't ever play football again.

I think you are right. But are we comfortable entering the next season with three out of three left footed defender injured basically the entire prior season?

We probably dont need a LB, but it would help if we brought in a flexible LCB (Inacio).

If these reports are true sounds like the club are writing off next season not just the fans. Meet the new boss exactly the same as the old boss.

If we go into another season with the same midfield... :lol:

I think you are right. But are we comfortable entering the next season with three out of three left footed defender injured basically the entire prior season?

We probably dont need a LB, but it would help if we brought in a flexible LCB (Inacio).

After witnessing a season where we had Dalot, Wan Bissaka and Amrabat featuring at left back you think we don't need one? I think we are desperate for one.

Shaw was out nearly a full season, malacia was out the full season, Martinez missed most of the season. That may sound extreme but when you add context; Shaw can’t last a full season (ten haha words) and we don’t know how Martinez will fair after a really bad injury or if he’s going to be prone to niggles. It would be negligent to not bring in other LB or LCB. Particular when shaw and Martinez are considered crucial to how we play

Last edited:
Shaw was out nearly a full season, malacia was out the full season, Martinez missed most of the season. That may sound extreme but when you add context they Shaw can’t last a full season (ten haha words) and we don’t know how Martinez will fair after a really bad injury or if he’s going to be prone to niggles. It would be negligent to not bring in other LB or LCB. Particular when shaw and Martinez are considered crucial to how we play

Yep, someone who can cover both positions on the left side of the defence would be a huge insurance policy.

I think we'll be looking for a Malacia upgrade / replacement. We just can't run the risk of a repeat of last season.

I like the look of the Serbian Milos Kerkez who plays at Bournemouth, he was very good against us at the vitality this season, I think he would be great business for £20-25m, I think we need at least 3 defenders, one FB and two CB.

A perfect window would be selling AWB,
V Lindelof, T Malacia for hopefully £35-40m, losing R Varane and replacing them with J Frimpong(35m), M Kerkez(20m),
J C Todibo(30m), J Branthwaite(55m)

If we were able to do something like that, it would be a huge upgrade and set us up for at least 5 or 6 years. Buying super attacking Wing backs like Frimpong on Kerkez means we need huge investment in a true Defensive Midfielder.

A LCB is probably a smarter move than a LB in my opinion. If we bought Branthwaite for example then Martinez can cover LB.

But we do need one or the other, Shaw can't be relied on.
First DM, now LB... Not sure whether I like that or not. Think Martinez would also be too slow for that position.

Do you need to be that much quicker at LB than CB?
In the traditional understanding of those roles yes. But these days, probably not as much. I mean, Blind made it work somehow so Martinez could probably as well. I am a fan of more traditional fullbacks though, players that support the attack and cover lots of ground. I guess I'd rather put Dalot on the Left, probably even AWB.

They have to extend it to ensure he has any authority.
That's what I'm assuming, yeah. Though they could've just taken up the option of the extra year in his existing contract for that. That would have given him more security and authority next year but without sending out a mixed message about thinking of replacing him then given him a (potentially) lengthier new contract instead.

I'm hoping any 'new contract' doesn't mean extending it to longer than the end of 2025/6, as the extra year on the current contract would take it to. As for me he's still on a bit of a 'trial' next season - another poor league season next year (and worse if we don't win a trophy) and it's probably time to part ways. A good season and you can justifiably chalk up that 8th place to the extreme injury list and fully back him.

It’s like the lord of the flies on here every day

We aren’t going to be going out buying a league winning team this summer as much as we all want to. Let them work and see how we get on. Anything and I mean anything is better than Woodward or the glazers having the ultimate call. Stripping away all the bad practice from that era is going to take years. Building a solid sustainable foundation is going to take years. We will make 3 or 4 of hopefully the right kind of signings and actually start listening to offers for players who we previously would have been trying to hold onto for economic reasons