Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
£3M total, including wages contributions and loan fee. Rather let the cnut rot.

We all know what will happen, no matter how good he does we'll let him go cheap anyway. For the sake of £3M why bother.

The CAF: Get rid of him at any cost!

United do so: WHAT?! We’re fecking terrible. Let him rot in the reserves!

Erm...ok. I haven't said get rid of him at any cost.

Presumably United allowing him to go and paying most of his wages is designed to create or retain value. We know that's not going to happen so essentially the club is paying money for him to play for another club and this won't result in any resale value come the summer. The level of genius in United's c-suite is astounding.

Erm...ok. I haven't said get rid of him at any cost.

Presumably United allowing him to go and paying most of his wages is designed to create or retain value. We know that's not going to happen so essentially the club is paying money for him to play for another club and this won't result in any resale value come the summer. The level of genius in United's c-suite is astounding.
I’m not saying you, i’m using it as a general consensus

Ready-made? This guy can't hit a barn door at best of times, nothing ready-made about him.

Werner is a lot better than his stint at Chelsea made him look. He’s been a decent finisher prior to going there. I remember a lot of people worrying when Liverpool were being called linked with him. It didn’t work out that well at Chelsea but he still got goals and assists in his 2 years there. Around 30ish I think so adding 15 goals a season wouldn’t be the worst thing for us especially if it’s a loan deal until the summer. Id tather loan him than buy Guirassy and be stuck with him if he turns out to be a one season wonder in a much easier league.

Just a theory - but as FFP is based on full fiscal years - what is stopping us from spending a bit of money now - as long as we are FFP-compliant by the end of the Fiscal Year in late june ? I am not saying we should do it - but it seems everyone is saying we can't spend money due to FFP - the way I see it, we can - as long as we are confident of getting money in before june. If I understand this correctly - if Ratcliffe spends some of his money or persuade the Glazers to clear our transfer debt before june 30th - we can spend quite a bit without worrying about FFP: Or am I getting it wrong ?

Just a theory - but as FFP is based on full fiscal years - what is stopping us from spending a bit of money now - as long as we are FFP-compliant by the end of the Fiscal Year in late june ? I am not saying we should do it - but it seems everyone is saying we can't spend money due to FFP - the way I see it, we can - as long as we are confident of getting money in before june. If I understand this correctly - if Ratcliffe spends some of his money or persuade the Glazers to clear our transfer debt before june 30th - we can spend quite a bit without worrying about FFP: Or am I getting it wrong ?
Because it's more difficult for selling club if they leave themselves in this position, AND we have been very bad with selling. Even with the new people, with all the delay, it's very risky to spend now while we don't have solid interest offer for our players.

Not sure about the process, it feels like it's a bit difficult for the owner to directly pump money into the club without increasing its revenue. Else the Saudis wouldn't have pay under the table, and creating questionable sponsor source to bypass FFP.

Werner is a lot better than his stint at Chelsea made him look. He’s been a decent finisher prior to going there. I remember a lot of people worrying when Liverpool were being called linked with him. It didn’t work out that well at Chelsea but he still got goals and assists in his 2 years there. Around 30ish I think so adding 15 goals a season wouldn’t be the worst thing for us especially if it’s a loan deal until the summer. Id tather loan him than buy Guirassy and be stuck with him if he turns out to be a one season wonder in a much easier league.
He was the same erratic/inconsistent finisher at Leipzig before he went to Chelsea, nothing has changed.

I don't think we're in a good FFP position for this season even with Ratcliffe’s investment. Better position in the summer.

Even if we could I don't see the point in rushing any significant signing this month with no Europe. A loan forward makes sense and that's about it.

Watching Dortmund take Sancho back for next to nothing after us over paying for him is just typical modern united and embarrassing, he'll probably rip it up there and come back to united who will get new manager, he will perform ok and get new contract before we find us in the same situation again in about 1,5 - 2 years

Watching Dortmund take Sancho back for next to nothing after us over paying for him is just typical modern united and embarrassing, he'll probably rip it up there and come back to united who will get new manager, he will perform ok and get new contract before we find us in the same situation again in about 1,5 - 2 years
We didn't overpay for Sancho. We paid a fair amount considering his age and what he'd produced up to that point. That he's not done that at Man Utd doesn't mean when you take his career up to that point it was fair.

Antony and Hojlund were clear overpays. Maguire too, even though he's not been a bad signing. He just cost too much.

Because it's more difficult for selling club if they leave themselves in this position, AND we have been very bad with selling. Even with the new people, with all the delay, it's very risky to spend now while we don't have solid interest offer for our players.

Not sure about the process, it feels like it's a bit difficult for the owner to directly pump money into the club without increasing its revenue. Else the Saudis wouldn't have pay under the table, and creating questionable sponsor source to bypass FFP.

No but as I understand it - paying off debt is allowed and that should strengthen us as it naturally decreases our interest costs

He was the same erratic/inconsistent finisher at Leipzig before he went to Chelsea, nothing has changed.

That was a bit harsh to put it mildly - he scored 95 goals in 159 matches - that is almost exactly the same as RvN had in league matches for us (95 goals in 150 matches). I am not saying Werner was lethal at Leipzig - but he certainly was scoring a huge amount of goals. So there is a goalscorer in there somewhere

That was a bit harsh to put it mildly - he scored 95 goals in 159 matches - that is almost exactly the same as RvN had in league matches for us (95 goals in 150 matches). I am not saying Werner was lethal at Leipzig - but he certainly was scoring a huge amount of goals. So there is a goalscorer in there somewhere
Timo's last productive season was 4 y ago. Why do you think he will rediscover his form in the team who already can't score?

No but as I understand it - paying off debt is allowed and that should strengthen us as it naturally decreases our interest costs
Usually it is a full takeover/ transfer of a club. New owner clears the debt with old creditor during the takeover, where new owner somehow use their other financial institution network to lend the club with new debt with favorable terms like Abramovich lending Chelsea his own money interest free.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/apr/17/roman-abramovich-chelsea-world-beaters

INEOS investment into the club from the sound of it was geared toward infrastructure improvement which unlikely yield profit in near future. If INEOS is to clear the debt, and become the creditor of the club it would mean INEOS would have to put in over 1 billion stake on the table via their own financial institution network to align with FFP regulations.

I'd be surprised if INEOS doesn't sanction anything this transfer window.

Remember what was agreed when they got their 25% they got an exclusivity period of 18 months. After that the Glazers can listen to alternate offers for a full sale. I'm sure INEOS will want to be masters to their own destiny which means they have to move quickly.

The biggest impact they can have to results in the short term is player recruitment - both ins and outs. If they do zilch this window they are basically putting absolutely everything on having an amazing summer window.

Can see Martial, Varane and Casemiro disappearing this window to allow some of the process to start now.

Shame the deal didn't get done two weeks earlier since that would have allowed the 200-300m in additional funds to be injected during Jan which would have greatly helped our FFP position.

Timo's last productive season was 4 y ago. Why do you think he will rediscover his form in the team who already can't score?

I never said he would - just replied to this comment : " erratic/inconsistent finisher at Leipzig before he went to Chelsea " - he was a prolific goalscorer before going to Chelsea, not an erratic / inconsistent finisher

The CAF: Get rid of him at any cost!

United do so:

Also the Caf: WHAT?! We’re fecking terrible. Let him rot in the reserves!
It’s a forum with thousands of members you will have different opinions believe it or not .

I never said he would - just replied to this comment : " erratic/inconsistent finisher at Leipzig before he went to Chelsea " - he was a prolific goalscorer before going to Chelsea, not an erratic / inconsistent finisher
He was prolific for a single season in his whole senior career. Every season besides that showed him being an inconsistent finisher.

He was prolific for a single season in his whole senior career. Every season besides that showed him being an inconsistent finisher.
What are we waiting for then. Eventually all these inconsistent finishers in our club will line up and we'll have all possibilities covered.

It’s a forum with thousands of members you will have different opinions believe it or not .
Oh my! Gee! Is it? I never knew, thanks so much for telling me.

Guess I can’t take the sweeping majority of opinions and use it for a little bit of light hearted banter/teasing ever again!

Damn.

Remember what was agreed when they got their 25% they got an exclusivity period of 18 months. After that the Glazers can listen to alternate offers for a full sale. I'm sure INEOS will want to be masters to their own destiny which means they have to move quickly.

The biggest impact they can have to results in the short term is player recruitment - both ins and outs. If they do zilch this window they are basically putting absolutely everything on having an amazing summer window.

Can see Martial, Varane and Casemiro disappearing this window to allow some of the process to start now.

Shame the deal didn't get done two weeks earlier since that would have allowed the 200-300m in additional funds to be injected during Jan which would have greatly helped our FFP position.
There is no chance we find suitors to 3 high wage older earners this window. Summer maybe.

As you say it is a shame no deal could be agreed sooner with INEOS as then we’d have a chance at some January restructuring.

I agree but unless we’ve got Saudi buyers lined up then who buys them?

Status
Not open for further replies.