g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

lysglimt

Scout
Considering we don't have any young centrebacks who can play in case of an injury-crisis, seems like a good solution.

lysglimt

Scout
Would be a good transfer, think 7-8m
Leeds spent something like £6 million om Ampadu - I just can't see Leeds spending much more until they sell some players for a decent fee. So I would be happy if Leeds offer £4-5 million for Williams.

saivet

Not surprising. Surely that's the end of Maguire then?
I'd imagine Evans would just be 5th choice behind Maguire. Aside from last season Maguire's availability has been pretty good that I don't think you can replace him with someone like Evans who doesn't have the best injury record.

AFC NimbleThumb

I'd imagine Evans would just be 5th choice behind Maguire. Aside from last season Maguire's availability has been pretty good that I don't think you can replace him with someone like Evans who doesn't have the best injury record.
Maguire’s 5th choice. If we were starting away to City on Saturday & Martinez was out Shaw would play there.

Withnail

I seriously doubt he's behind Maguire. Maguire got feck all games last season and we want him out. We wouldn't be signing Evans to play less than the 10-15 games Maguire might get.

He can play left or right can't he? It's probably so we don't always have to take Shaw out of his best position in the absence of Martinez.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Delete if not allowed but I'm not speculating on player, I just don't know how to post tweets (Would love to know if anyone can help and how we make them go through the "Transfer Tweets" section)

Romano saying that MG decision will be announced in next hours/ day's it's down to MUFC timing - Looking forward to at least accepting whatever decision and moving on.

Baxquux

Delete if not allowed but I'm not speculating on player, I just don't know how to post tweets (Would love to know if anyone can help and how we make them go through the "Transfer Tweets" section)

Romano saying that MG decision will be announced in next hours/ day's it's down to MUFC timing - Looking forward to at least accepting whatever decision and moving on.
I've seen the @ing from a few aggregators , but can't see a Romano source tweet or video update. Have they not just jumped onto a fabricated report marked @Romano and memed it?

Crick

This is the problem with so publicly putting players up for sale; you can hardly blame buying clubs for taking the piss.
Fred is on 70k net, 120k gross at 30 with 1 year left. That's nearly €4.5m per year. That's taking the piss for the level of clubs that want him. He should be on half that. It's up to him to take a pay cut if he wants to go or for us to subsidize the fee if we want to get rid of him.

We continue to offer stupid wages for players, so we can't sell them for decent fees. At least this year we are hearing about incentivised contracts for the new signings so hopefully this will end but I doubt it. We also hang on to players to long. We should have sold Fred 2-3 years ago when we knew he wasn't good enough, was 27 and had longer on his contract, so we had more leverage.

Last edited:

Withnail

You just paste the tweet into a post here and it should display in the feed automatically.

Hephaestus

Wasn’t that just because two of United’s signings have come from Italy?

Not sure how he’s getting reliable info on Fred’s price.
Possible that Italian clubs are interested and this is coming via them, Lazio were linked a while back though their owner said that's not happening thanks to Sarri.

Blood Mage

Only we could struggle to sell a useful player like Fred. Pool or Chelsea would probably get 30m for him.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Thanks to @L1nk in the Rasmus Højlund thread (Tier 2):

The reason: Højlund arrived into Manchester later than expected yesterday, so the club couldn't conduct the announcement activities and allow Højlund to interact with some supporters. They've instead focused on his medical, and the signing will be announced this weekend some time around the Lens pre-season friendly.

Apokalips

Thanks to @L1nk in the Rasmus Højlund thread (Tier 2):

The reason: Højlund arrived into Manchester later than expected yesterday, so the club couldn't conduct the announcement activities and allow Højlund to interact with some supporters. They've instead focused on his medical, and the signing will be announced this weekend some time around the Lens pre-season friendly.
So because he arrived later than scheduled yesterday it will take an additional few days to announce? So I'm guessing for whatever reason he can't train and play. Weird.