Transfer Tweets - England/Scotland - 2024/25

Even 15 million would be too much :lol:

Of course McTominay earns much more than Smith-Rowe but we must get at least the same fee for him.

So Emile Smith-Rowe and McTominay are pretty difficult to compare.

McTominay - 27yrs old - 1yr on contract
Smith-Rowe - 23yrs old - 2yrs on contract

At this point in their careers, McTominay has played more, and certainly last year has shown he can provide goals from midfield. He did still only manage 7 league goals though.

In comparison, Smith-Rowe has had some major injury issues but at 20/21 he had a 10-goal PL season. You can definitely see him as a player with both more seasons ahead of him and more resale value. The flip side is there is no guarantee he ever gets back to the levels he has shown before.

I could certainly see the argument that given everything their fees should be similar.

Source (Tier 3):

• Departure all but assured for Jake O'Brien, who is spoilt for choice
  • Numerous clubs are pushing to complete the transfer with Lyon
  • Among them: Brentford and Everton but not only [them]...
  • Brentford interested in Jake O'Brien
  • The English side have made contact with Lyon to discuss the terms of a possible transfer
  • The Bees have also already held talks with Les Gones' central defender
  • Several PL clubs are on the lookout

Smith-Rowe is a younger, better footballer than McTominay. That's why he's worth more. People on here are really overrating McTominay. He's a talentless lump. Take 20-25m for him and move on. I seriously doubt we'll get better offers.

You just know that none of these players Chelsea are signing will get anywhere near their first team. They're going to be treated as battery farmed chickens in the loan market as investments to sell on to suit Chelseas PSR needs. I guess if you pay PL club wages then these people will happily throw their careers away.

You just know that none of these players Chelsea are signing will get anywhere near their first team. They're going to be treated as battery farmed chickens in the loan market as investments to sell on to suit Chelseas PSR needs. I guess if you pay PL club wages then these people will happily throw their careers away.

Three sentences of utter toss. We're single handedly keeping French football alive right now with our ridiculous spending.

Source (Tier 3):

Things are heating up for Dani Olmo

Manchester City have made a bid for the player's services.

Meanwhile, Barcelona are also pushing for his signature.

The player prefers Barcelona. His agent has a meeting this weekend in Barcelona to discuss the matter with the management.

Barça must first sell before they can recruit him.

Tier 2:

Last edited:
Smith-Rowe is a younger, better footballer than McTominay. That's why he's worth more. People on here are really overrating McTominay. He's a talentless lump. Take 20-25m for him and move on. I seriously doubt we'll get better offers.
His worth and talent is diddly squat if he cant put more than 20 games together.