Transfer Tweets - England/Scotland - 2024/25

Can someone explain this to me? Don't City Football Group have a majority stake in Troyes? How can they trade players between themselves but United get blocked from trading with Nice? What am I missing?

Can someone explain this to me? Don't City Football Group have a majority stake in Troyes? How can they trade players between themselves but United get blocked from trading with Nice? What am I missing?

Troyes isn't in a European competition; Nice is. With that said, the recent ruling on us and Nice does make it seem like even City will be barred from performing these kind of transfers in the future (they already completed the Sávio deal beforehand).

Troyes isn't in a European competition; Nice is. With that said, the recent ruling on us and Nice does make it seem like even City will be barred from performing these kind of transfers in the future (they already completed the Sávio deal beforehand).

Oh, okay. Strange condition, though.

Official: Sávio signs for City from Troyes

Fee is a joke. If signing for anyone else, they’d be getting 50-70m for one of the brightest young talents in world football. They’re essentially paying themselves anyway, but have to lessen impact on PSR compliance.

Source (Tier 2):

• Jean Clair Todibo and Juventus have agreed a 5-year contract
  • French international is Bianconeri priority
  • Juventus must sell before making first offer
West Ham and Jean Clair Todibo have not reached an agreement. However, the Hammers are close to Nice's expectations. A loan deal with a purchase option worth around €37m has been offered.

Source (Tier 2):

Sergi Roberto: goodbye to Barça and evaluating a Premier League offer

The last Barça captain is considering playing in England after deciding not to wait for Barça to sign him up.

Sergi Roberto has had interest from LaLiga sides Sevilla and Valencia, and to a lesser extent Girona, but he wants to play abroad. His intention is to play in the Premier League and he is working on a proposal.

Source (Tier 3):

Crystal Palace have made an initial contract offer to Ismaïla Sarr. Negotiations are underway to try and reach an agreement. Sarr keen on a return to England

Initial talks have also taken place between OM and the English club

Keep the thread to transfer tweets only please. Can post any other commentary in the players/City thread.