Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly this Mullcock is quite reliable for City news. Will see if the same goes for United as well.

Would make sense that we didn't sign a defender until now. Dealing with Levy is always a nightmare. If we sing him, I`d guess that we were the ones hyping up the Maguire and Boateng news to put pressure on them.

So a BBC bloke claims Levy should take 60m (interesting that a BBC journo has an exact fee to share) and a top belgian Journo is confirming negotiations are taking place.

This is actually huge news. Terreur is the first real confirmation of talks!!

Kind of ridiculous that 12 months ago Alderweireld was one of the undisputed top centre backs in the league both on and off the ball, and now because he got dropped for not signing a new contracts he's average or below according to some on here.

I think you'll find he was fecking Moyes' daughter. That's why we sold him. She is as much, if not more to blame.

So sick of hearing about this rumour it never even happened. Zaha just tried to make it hard for her and pledged that he would aspire to be like her ex. Or something like that...pretty sure it was Zaha anyway.

Praying we get some reliable transfer news today hopefully Zaha joining Chelsea so we can nab Willian, desperate times!

That's not how football works nor is it how many other things work. Contracts are broken, marriages are ended...managers leave etc...If the club brought in the player and put him with a manager who's on record as being not really suited to dealing with anyone besides yes-man 'soldiers' (only for a short time at that)...and who cannot coax anywhere near the best out of him, while poisoning the well of good will with petty public slating...nah it's over. If it's a loveless marriage and one party wants out, buh bye.

Jose keeps getting the sticks for Pogba. Unfair in my opinion. He changed formations for him. He played him in a two man midfield. He moved him to the left of a three man midfield. He played him in a free role. He chopped and changed for Pogba. He even made him captain at a period. He got him Matic and we all said we would see his best after then (and wasn't Fred bought 'to free Pogba' more recently?). I remember how Jose attacked some ex United players because of Pogba, saying they were only criticizing him because they were jealous of him. He got a lot of sticks for that too.
Because Jose got upset with Pogba's indiscipline (especially how he was alleged not to follow the club's medical advice when he was injured and Jose's tactical requirements at times) suddenly he is the reason for every woe Pogba has. Meanwhile, it is ironic that Pogba was the star he was at the World Cup by playing exactly in the disciplined manner Jose has been demanding from him.

The manager has his faults in his handling of Pogba. But I think we need to look at the whole picture and Pogba has to take responsibility for a whole lot of things.

Kind of ridiculous that 12 months ago Alderweireld was one of the undisputed top centre backs in the league both on and off the ball, and now because he got dropped for not signing a new contracts he's average or below according to some on here.

I don't know what some people are talking about but Toby, when in full flow, is an incredible center back and footballer.

Looks like he is away to arm wrestle the under 8’s world champion. “Over the Top” Toby. Why isn’t he wearing a baseball cap?!

Hopefully this goes through. Would be a great signing.

Also noticed, it's a belgium shirt, belgium are also known as the "red devils"....Toby signing for the red devils. I like this Kristof guy :lol::lol:

Because they don't know what they're talking about.

Says a lot about knowledge around here. It happens every time. Him being 29 doesn't help at all.
Wait he is 29? Oh damn, no, don’t sign him, he is probably already looking at coffins.

In all seriousness i’m All for signing younger players but CB is a position we need top class experience and this guy is a great CB. Hopefully Lindelof and Bailly come on leaps and bounds with his help.

Its because posters have developed a habit of being stupidly specific about who we sign that everybody but their choice is considered a poor buy.
Then we get threads about the talent pool being shallow since buying anybody not named Fabinho or Silva last summer was a disaster.
Dembele was a must get, he and Mbappe was this generations Ronaldo v Messi.
We keep building players up to mythical levels that others can't compete against so every signing feels like a let down

Wait he is 29? Oh damn, no, don’t sign him, he is probably already looking at coffins.

In all seriousness i’m All for signing younger players but CB is a position we need top class experience and this guy is a great CB. Hopefully Lindelof and Bailly come on leaps and bounds with his help.
I am for signing him absolutely, I was referring to the fact cafe goes mad if a players is 29. Basically his legs are apparently gone and he's near a retirement home.

Says a lot about knowledge around here. It happens every time. Him being 29 doesn't help at all.

Experience is exactly what the team needs right now. He's top class. 29 is prime age for a central defender. It's not like he's Laurent Blanc (who I loved BTW).

They don't watch him play and have no idea what they're talking about.

Exactly. There was someone claiming it was weird we were all excited at the idea of signing a Spurs squad player the other day.

Exactly. There was someone claiming it was weird we were all excited at the idea of signing a Spurs squad player the other day.

If we get Toby in plus Willian next week I think we would have had as decent a window as we could hope for. You can't replace everyone you need to in one go and RW has been overlooked for too long now.

Fullbacks are the next priority but if Toby lets us go 3 at the back then maybe we can get by until that is possible.

It depends on the writer. Too many people write off entire publications, when what we should be doing is writing off the individuals who are behind the stories. Certain journalists are better than others.

Alderweireld is Matic all over again. Proven quality with experience which is the exact opposite of the hipsters choice.

They would have preferred us to buy Sanchez instead of Alderweireld, just because he's young and will ignore his calamitous 1v1 defending hoping he'll turn into the next Ferdinand.

Alderweireld is Matic all over again. Proven quality with experience which is the exact opposite of the hipsters choice.

They would have preferred us to buy Sanchez instead of Alderweireld, just because he's young and will ignore his calamitous 1v1 defending hoping he'll turn into the next Ferdinand.

Who?

Yup, and I would even say the same about Willian over most other RW options out there.

The only negative is that Willian will likely be at the expense of Martial, which wouldn't be as bad if he moved abroad but if he ends up at Chelsea we could have egg on our faces.

At the end of the season I remember Steve Parish (Palace Chairman) saying it would take £75-80 to sign Zaha, guess he's sticking to his guns, that said IF he went to Chelsea were would they want him to play ? RW ? Willian to United ?

We have RLC too, might become a deal that includes him aswell. Personally i dont think RLC is all that special but he has done well there last season when fit.

Yup, and I would even say the same about Willian over most other RW options out there.

The only negative is that Willian will likely be at the expense of Martial, which wouldn't be as bad if he moved abroad but if he ends up at Chelsea we could have egg on our faces.

Willian said that he's staying at Chelsea didn't he?

Myself, I'd much rather we spend on an attacker.
Also, isn't Toby injury prone?

That doesn’t mean he wanted 5 players.

I'm sure Jose wanted to buy in more quality, but we don't always get what we want.
I'm sure Jose wanted to buy several more players than just Fred.
Most of the fans on this forum can see that we have 2 glaringly obvious weaknesses (RW, LB). Strangely, CB is not our weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.