Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep seems like posturing to me. For the first time the rolls have reversed and Real Madrid seem to hold a few more of the cards.

Cristiano still under a very lucrative and long deal, he still holds the cards. It will not be easy for Madrid to get rid of him.

I'm surprised this was enough to get the thread closed, it can easily be read as him simply playing more games letting Perez know he's going to have to give him the mother of all golden handshakes to leave in the summer when they want to do their rebuild.
It is simple. That thread was started from AS saying that Ronaldo intends to leave Real Madrid in the summer with a move back to United. That same paper (AS) has then got quotes from Ronaldo saying he intends to stay - not long after Real Madrid told all their papers that Ronaldo wouldn't be getting a new contract. So when the same source totally contradicts what they originally said, that is usually enough to get a thread closed unless something concrete comes out backing the claims of the original post.

He'll probably be leaving in the summer but it won't be of his own accord. It'll be because Real don't want him.

We can revisit it in the summer and if he's linked with a move a new transfer thread can be made then. The Ronaldo transfer saga crap gets tired every single transfer window.

It is simple. That thread was started from AS saying that Ronaldo intends to leave Real Madrid in the summer with a move back to United. That same paper (AS) has then got quotes from Ronaldo saying he intends to stay - not long after Real Madrid told all their papers that Ronaldo wouldn't be getting a new contract. So when the same source totally contradicts what they originally said, that is usually enough to get a thread closed unless something concrete comes out backing the claims of the original post.

He'll probably be leaving in the summer but it won't be of his own accord. It'll be because Real don't want him.

We can revisit it in the summer and if he's linked with a move a new transfer thread can be made then. The Ronaldo transfer saga crap gets tired every single transfer window.

Don't get me wrong, I am tired of the Ronaldo drama as well, these things just have so much BS back and forth I was surprised the thread was closed, just an observation, not an objection. :)

"Real Madrid are planning a stunning £500million summer raid on the Premier League, Sportsmail can reveal.
The Spanish giants plan to sign three new galacticos and are ready to smash the transfer world record with a £200m deal for Chelsea’s Eden Hazard, as well as installing Mauricio Pochettino as manager.
Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea (£100m) and Tottenham striker Harry Kane (£200m) make up Real’s triumvirate of player targets."

£100m for De Gea, in this market? He's worth more than Hazard and Kane together. Both of those are, arguably, world class but De Gea is among the greatest goalkeepers in the history of the sport.

Jesus, my heart actually just skipped a beat thinking of a Pogba-Matic-Thiago midfield :drool:

He has won everything there is to win in Spain and Germany. Surely with the Heynckes swansong done and dusted in the summer, motivation will be lacking...

Come home Thiago. Come to the land of rain and Alexis. Partner Pogba in midfield. Speak your native tongue with our Portuguese manager. Prove you can do it on a Tuesday night in Stoke. Come to (the) Beşiktaş (of England). :drool:

What a dream signing he would be. Ridiculous player.

Jesus, my heart actually just skipped a beat thinking of a Pogba-Matic-Thiago midfield :drool:

He has won everything there is to win in Spain and Germany. Surely with the Heynckes swansong done and dusted in the summer, motivation will be lacking...

Come home Thiago. Come to the land of rain and Alexis. Partner Pogba in midfield. Speak your native tongue with our Portuguese manager. Prove you can do it on a Tuesday night in Stoke. Come to (the) Beşiktaş (of England). :drool:

No one doubts Thiago's ability but he's out for months with another injury.

Like Bale, he's another player to be approached with extreme caution.

Last edited:

The writing is on the ball mate
:lol::lol:

I like Thiago but he is a bit too injury prone these days.

feck the injuries I want Thiago here full stop. He’d be fecking amazing as the other #8 and I’d say we would be close to the best midfield in the world then. With an attack of Martial, Lukaku and Sanchez on top of that we would surely be contenders on every front

Sanchez, Vidal, Ozil, Alcantara... Getting back all the ones that got away. Feels like it's 2013/14 again :drool:

Jorginho's agents have been in Manchester to discuss a possible summer transfer to Man United.

Thiago has played less games for Bayern since he joined than Bale has for Real, yet people are dying for Thiago yet turn their noses up at Bale? No logic at all.

I'd want neither of them here, Thiago would be Hargreaves part deux.

Jorginho's agents have been in Manchester to discuss a possible summer transfer to Man United.

So mourinho says we need big investment
Mourinho signs contract extension
Mourinho says we are going to have a short transfer window.

I’m hoping that part of that contract negotiation was that we have our summer signings lined up already so Business will be done in a short space of time ripe to World Cup.

I doubt Bayern will sell Thiago, unless they think he´s physically broken beyond repair. Vidal is obviously the one going.
think Pep would take Thiago in a heartbeat

Vidal 4 or 5 years ago would be an amazing signing - how is he faring up these days?

think Pep would take Thiago in a heartbeat

Vidal 4 or 5 years ago would be an amazing signing - how is he faring up these days?

Pep thinking with the Spanish doctors he can cure everything. :D

Vidal is doing okay. His Kicker ratings (16th of 18 among the Bayern regulars this season) are worse than you´d expect for 16 games/5 goals and 90% pass completion rate. Bayern fans would know better. I guess they might also want to sell him, so they don´t have to deal with unhappy Vidal, while they try to get something out of their Rudy (17th of 18) and Tolisso (18th of 18) investments.

£100m for De Gea, in this market? He's worth more than Hazard and Kane together. Both of those are, arguably, world class but De Gea is among the greatest goalkeepers in the history of the sport.
Sorry, but that's plenty enough for a keeper. At the end of the day, he is just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.