Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I actually like this.
I like the idea but the execution is terrible. Imagine if they had created a fully playable level in Super Mario Maker so the fans could actually play the unveiling level.

Toad

I like the idea but the execution is terrible. Imagine if they had created a fully playable level in Super Mario Maker so the fans could actually play the unveiling level.
Get to the end where there is the possibility to jump over the flag but instead they go sliding down it... right to the bottom - the relegation zone.

TsuWave

thought was west ham was signing balotelli. speaking of balotelli apparently he's "in the form of his life" and with his contract running down. why isn't anyone in for him?

TsuWave

Because he is an enfant terrible?
his manager and club president are singing his praises. the same article i just read said he's changed and congratulated him in the manner he carries himself in training and whatnot. people do grow, he's 27 now.

although maybe his reputation precedes him, even if its not the most accurate currently.

Hephaestus

Remember those reports about Madrid pushing for a transfer cap as part of FFP? Like a week ago and they're already deciding to spend 300m.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Don't know who the third pic is but the others would cost something like:

Neymar: £400M
Lewandowski: £150M
Hazard: £150M
Kane: £200M
De Gea: £100M

They'd be lucky to get two with that cash. Guessing that isn't included money generated from selling Bale, Ronaldo etc?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

They'd be lucky to get two with that cash. Guessing that isn't included money generated from selling Bale, Ronaldo etc?

The third picture is Odriozola from Sociedad is it? I know they were interested in someone from there but cannot remember who it was.

Nick7

Alvaro Odriozola. Sociedad wing back.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool

You forgot

Raiola: 100M

..and I´m not even sure he´s representing any of them.

Infra-red

Real Madrid are living in a dream world if they genuinely believe they have a chance of pulling that off (they don't genuinely believe it of course - this is just a load of PR nonsense to detract from their abysmal season).

JPOR

Real thinking £300m is gonna refresh the team is ridiculous. They'll be lucky to get 2 'galacticos' in their forward line for that.

I work with Spanish chap who supports Real and he kinda feels the same as me, that despite their success recently (3 years or so) they are guilty of failing to plan ahead by letting good players go and not really managing the squad as a whole (note: this isn't to say they don't have a strong first team). Now they have a front 3 past it's best and they may have to sell more players to raise funds to replace them, which will then leave them short elsewhere in the team in terms of personnel...or I could just be talking out of my arse.

Who knows, maybe the modern transfer climate means the end of the galacticos era.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Remains to be seen but I don’t think Real are going to be the force in the market they were a few years ago.

AndyJ1985

Remains to be seen but I don’t think Real are going to be the force in the market they were a few years ago.
They won't be. There are now several clubs who can match them or even outbid them, and the top end of the market has inflated significantly. The days of them massively outspending everyone and hoovering up all the best players are gone.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Real thinking £300m is gonna refresh the team is ridiculous. They'll be lucky to get 2 'galacticos' in their forward line for that.

I work with Spanish chap who supports Real and he kinda feels the same as me, that despite their success recently (3 years or so) they are guilty of failing to plan ahead by letting good players go and not really managing the squad as a whole (note: this isn't to say they don't have a strong first team). Now they have a front 3 past it's best and they may have to sell more players to raise funds to replace them, which will then leave them short elsewhere in the team in terms of personnel...or I could just be talking out of my arse.

Who knows, maybe the modern transfer climate means the end of the galacticos era.
This actually makes for a great conspiracy theory. By selling Neymar for €230M Barcelona has inflated the transfermarket so much, that for the reasons above it actually hurts Madrid more than Barcelona. If that deal does not happen, you´d still see these top guys for €60-120M depending on circumstances. Basically the Pogba money. Now nobody even picks up the phone, if the initial offer is not nine figures.

littlepeasoup

That Real team has needed additions for a while now, and they're going to find out (as we have) that major surgery to one of the biggest names in world football does not come easy... or cheap.

JPOR

This actually makes for a great conspiracy theory. By selling Neymar for €230M Barcelona has inflated the transfermarket so much, that for the reasons above it actually hurts Madrid more than Barcelona. If that deal does not happen, you´d still see these top guys for €60-120M depending on circumstances. Basically the Pogba money. Now nobody even picks up the phone, if the initial offer is not nine figures.
Admittedly I didn't even consider the Neymar transfer as 'hurting' Real, but now you've said it it obviously makes perfect sense, and I agree entirely abut prices for talent. Real are gonna have to change fundamentally if they are to adapt.

Infra-red

Yep. Agreed. PSG (and perhaps to a lesser extent, City) have put everyone in the shade really. €300m gets you two top players now, if you're lucky. The days of Real hoovering up the world's foremost talents are gone.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It's difficult to estimate what Real could get in fees for their star trio. Say it's somewhere around 150m, they'd have 450m to play with. Could get them 3 elite players. This main factor is getting rid of declining stars on huge contracts.

Toad

Lewandowski and Ordriozola would be the cheapest options with Lewandowski turning 30 in the summer. The rest at least £150m each.

Status
Not open for further replies.