Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olympique Lyon have signed highly-rated winger Martin Terrier from LOSC Lille for €11m (+ €4m add-ons). He's been on loan at Strasburg this season and will stay there until the end of the season, but Lille are selling him now because they need to raise money to avoid punishment from the league for their financial situation.

That City story can't be true. Remember, they'd never spend such a huge amount on a player...

"Madrid tell me that Neymar won't come this year"
'Atlético plan to sell Carrasco"
"Sevilla looking for a striker.Batsuayi,Sandro or Sturridge.Roque mesa on the doorstep"

Olympique Lyon have signed highly-rated winger Martin Terrier from LOSC Lille for €11m (+ €4m add-ons). He's been on loan at Strasburg this season and will stay there until the end of the season, but Lille are selling him now because they need to raise money to avoid punishment from the league for their financial situation.

I saw a highlight of a goal he scored last month (I think against Bordeaux) where he made a 60 yard sprint past several opposition players and scored. Looked very impressive.

The Hazard to City story is clearly their PR doing damage control. Get their fans' minds off Sanchez.

They'll spend money in the summer, so no one will be talking about Hazard then.. especially if he wants to play for Madrid and pushes for that move.

From the replies

Hello and welcome back to the latest episode of "David Sullivan forcing Kaveh Solhekol to tweet propaganda in return for transfer news"

Kaveh Goebbels

Compare 7th highest wage bill (if true) and status as 17th richest club in world with standard of team and squad. Throw in move away from real home to soulless bowl that’s unfit for purpose. The fans have given a lot of benefit of the doubt to the owners. Time they repaid it.

Truth is, they’re not up to the job of taking a Premier League club to ‘the next level’. They lack the funds, they lack the vision. Should have stayed at Upton Park and not rip the heart out of the club.

We also have the 3rd largest stadium in the Prem to go with our 7th highest wage bill. I thought this move was to help us compete/hit the next level? I have literally heard nothing but excuses for the stadium/stewarding, transfers & lack of funds since this move. Doesn’t add up.

Doing all they can? Hardly they just don’t buy very well. There appears to be no thought process with a lot of their transfers.

Why bring in Joe Hart and Zabaleta when it’s clear their past it. I could understand Chicharito considering his record at Leverkusen but now he’s mainly a bench player.

The board make too many excuses. 3rd biggest stadium which they pay peanuts in rent. So clearly the owners are taking a massive chunk of the money.

£100m for De Gea, in this market? He's worth more than Hazard and Kane together. Both of those are, arguably, world class but De Gea is among the greatest goalkeepers in the history of the sport.

:lol:

GKs will never be worth as much as outfield players.

:lol:

GKs will never be worth as much as outfield players.
Not sure. Buffon cost one hell of fee back in the day. More than half of the fee Juvetus got for Zidane and certainly cost as much as many other outfield top players.

Status
Not open for further replies.