Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They said the same about Alonso the other week, although I don't really expect Benzema to leave.

Alonso hadn't just signed a new contract and the Benzema stuff wasn't said publicly, it was just reported by some of the Liverpool media.

Can anybody see Arsenal going back in for Higuain? No Champions League for Napoli, might be tempted....

Alonso hadn't just signed a new contract and the Benzema stuff wasn't said publicly, it was just reported by some of the Liverpool media.

Yeah the Alonso stuff was too. In fact Ancelloti came out and said he wanted to keep Benzema. However this is RM, and if they sign Falcao Carlo is going to be forced to play him ahead of Benzema... that changes quite a lot new contract or not.

I always thought Falcao was some sort of cult hero at Atletico.

Loyalty eh..

How would journalists know if a club was 'considering a bid'? Do the club phone them up and say, 'hey we're thinking of signing player X.'
either there is a leak (5%) or else they re simply making assumptions (95%)

Once we signed Mata it spelt the end of Shinji to be honest... shame.
I only hope Mata lives up to his £37m price tag, so far he hasn't

There was a stat earlier on twitter, he has been involved in nearly 50% of our goals since he has been here...

How would journalists know if a club was 'considering a bid'? Do the club phone them up and say, 'hey we're thinking of signing player X.'

At times the selling club briefs the media as well to let other clubs know and start a bidding war.

Lets just say I wouldve been content if we only had Shinji in that role and given him the chances there. Mata will get more patience as we know beter what he is capable of producing in this league.
But we move on, Mata is our man and undoubtedly quality. I hope, like you, we can get the best out of him.

Liverpool, Tottenham and Juventus made a late attempt to sign Alex McCarthy - The Times #LFC 1/2

but the Reading goalkeeper is expected to have a medical this morning to complete a £3 million deal with QPR. 2/2 #LFC (Gary Jacob)

Spurs on a mission to stockpile keepers.

People expected Mata to be the solution to our problems when our problems are related to the midfield (lack of steel and quality), the wings (lack of quality) and the defense (lack of experience). Mata has certainly improved us but we're having to build a new nucleus. As van Gaal said, that takes longer than one month. This summer has been fantastic in addressing that lack of a core. If we could get Carvalho or Vidal before the window closes, I think we'd have a quality team again, but one which will take time to gel.

Mata's more your icing on the cake signing, but he was signed before we managed to address the key weaknesses in our squad so people have been underwhelmed, but watching our games objectively, he's involved in all of our build-up play and is an important source of goals and makes up a lot of our chances created from central areas.

Mata hasn't been at his best but he can at least keep contributing while he (or the team) aren't playing well. His stats since joining show that.

There's no reason to think Mata won't step up with a proper team around him. The same can't be said for Kagawa, who has never inspired that sort of trust in the time he's been here.

People expected Mata to be the solution to our problems when our problems are related to the midfield (lack of steel and quality), the wings (lack of quality) and the defense (lack of experience). Mata has certainly improved us but we're having to build a new nucleus. As van Gaal said, that takes longer than one month. This summer has been fantastic in addressing that lack of a core. If we could get Carvalho or Vidal before the window closes, I think we'd have a quality team again, but one which will take time to gel.

Mata's more your icing on the cake signing, but he was signed before we managed to address the key weaknesses in our squad so people have been underwhelmed, but watching our games objectively, he's involved in all of our build-up play and is an important source of goals and makes up a lot of our chances created from central areas.
I agree with Neville in that Di Maria will help Mata. Spreading the play, creating space and having genuine pace in behind will all help Mata.

Spurs pulled out today according to Sky. Apparently they were interested along with West Ham and their ''one last big signing'' budget.

Bloody hell , I really hope falcao doesn't go to either city or arsenal.

why go for Negredo, when they can have Falcao?

Because they have spent a fortune already and had already spent the Di Maria money and believe it or not they actually recognise what Benzema brings to the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.