Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRover

Of course there's bargaining power Juventus and Madrid have been linked with Hernandez, even the likes of Southampton (I mention Southampton because they have about £100m in the bank after all their summer sales) apparently made a bid so there are clubs interested in him, what good is a loan deal for us?

And for Kagawa did he ever get his big chance? I could probably count on one hand the amount of games he got to play in his natural position, I'm not saying he's worth £20m but the 5-6m fee is ridiculous.
Lots of clubs have been linked with lots of players, doesn't mean offers are coming in and that offer is real. Kagawa going for whatever he's gone for suggests that there isn't a bidding war. Speculation in the paper means nothing and genuine, cash on the table offers generate bidding wars - not paper talk.

Southampton highlights the point - clubs want players in good form who look like stepping up to the top level. That's what generates sales. You suggest we should have sold Hernandez there because they've got money - what if the player doesn't want to go? As it is we're looking to move them on and other clubs know that.

As for Kagawa, Fergie didn't pick him every week, Moyes didn't fancy him and neither did Van Gaal - speaks volumes to me. When he played he was largely disappointing and just looked a run of the mill player. You earn your place and earn a start and it seems he couldn't do that sadly.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Some tweets to keep the thread going:

Ballague said that Chicharito was Real Madrid's first option and Ancelotti wanted another striker after Moratta left for Juve.

MDFC Manager

Hopefully we've got someone lined up...someone a bit obscure. Like that Lucas Silva for example.

Loony BoB

Careful about posting those Tweets on this thread, people have been getting some stern warnings and I think also bans for posting stuff that isn't related to transfers (or for posts about players who we have already signed).

Silverman

Daley Blind and Ander Herrera are good midfield signings. Add them to Carrick and we have two defensive midfielders and one creative midfielder that are of a good quality. We needed the two CM signings to replace Cleverley, Anderson, Fletcher and Fellaini who sadly aren't up to it. However I do still think we need a World Class central midfielder (Vidal, Khedira etc) this transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.