Tonali & Zaniolo questioned by Italian police for illegal betting activities | Tonali charged by FA for betting while at Newcastle

whitbyviking

Too much money and too much time, bad mix. There must be legal ways to bet, rather than stake money on something he knows is banned.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Too much money and too much time, bad mix. There must be legal ways to bet, rather than stake money on something he knows is banned.
Dude they can bet on anything but football and playing on illegal betting platforms
not that hard.
No Pity for whatever punishment they get.

Litch

.....and people wondered why no one else was in for hin?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
some hands are gonna get chopped off for this.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
10 months is a ridiculously low ban...
Conveniently the ban will end just in time for the start of next season. But that's still him done for the season and missing out on the Euro 2024 next summer.

Chairman Steve

AC Milan have played a blinder if they knew about this, and Newcastle are also thick as shit.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Hope you’re not comparing sexual allegations to gambling
I don't think @RonaldoVII is doing that at all - rather just saying that if this was one of our players, a) he'd have the book thrown at him and b) there's no way he'd be given such a free ride in the media. From what I've seen/heard Tonali is basically coming out of this as some sympathetic character in all of this.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I don't think @RonaldoVII is doing that at all - rather just saying that if this was one of our players, a) he'd have the book thrown at him and b) there's no way he'd be given such a free ride in the media. From what I've seen/heard Tonali is basically coming out of this as some sympathetic character in all of this.
Perhaps. I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt and deleted my post

CallyRed

I just love the thought that Newcastle couldn't believe their luck when they were approached to sign him.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
I feel the media reporting on this incident would be a lot different if this was a United player.

Hearing some outlets saying the ban is too harsh and that it’s not his fault as it’s an addiction etc. Plus the love in from Newcastle and their fans, he’s basically cost them a tonne of money and knew that he’d be caught.

Lucky to only get 10 months.

paulscholes18

Seemed to be banned a lot quicker than Ivan Toney was, that seemed to drag on for some months.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
On the grounds of this briefcase filled with money
:lol:
Ivan Toney had his ban reduced from 15 months to 11 and then to 8 on the grounds of gambling addiction- so maybe along those lines?

EDIT: and also on the grounds of what @horsechoker said after the head of the FA receives a “special invitation” to head down to the Saudi Embassy :D:wenger:
Yeah potentially, but was he actually banned by the FA or in Italy? Romano's tweet doesn't specify. Who would Newcastle appeal to?

I mean it's of course not possible and I'd not be particularly surprised but it already doesn't seem like a massive ban considering his admission of guilt.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Seemed to be banned a lot quicker than Ivan Toney was, that seemed to drag on for some months.
The Italian FA deal with things a lot faster. City would probably be relegated to the lower leagues by now

9 Stone Elvis

If we are talking about a guy who has a genuine addiction giving him 10 months with nothing to do is really not going to help him at all.

Football once again appears to be failing these guys.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If we are talking about a guy who has a genuine addiction giving him 10 months with nothing to do is really not going to help him at all.

Football once again appears to be failing these guys.
He also has to undergo a gambling rehabilitation programme.

CallyRed

Not sure Newcastle can appeal to the FA as it wasn't them who banned him, its the Italian FA., who are as clean cut as they come and wont take any bribes.