Tom Cleverley | 2010/11 Performances (on loan at Wigan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure during United pre season. His game is suited to the middle of midfield and I just hope we don't abuse his versatility.

He's not suited to play in CM at all, not in a 2-man midfield anyway. Perhaps as the attacking lynchpin of a 3-man midfield, but he will and should be played out wide when/if he returns, where he has played all his senior football(including most of his pre-season appearances for us).

He's not suited to play in CM at all, not in a 2-man midfield anyway. Perhaps as the attacking lynchpin of a 3-man midfield, but he will and should be played out wide when/if he returns, where he has played all his senior football(including most of his pre-season appearances for us).

I'd like to think Scholesy meant as the attacking midfielder in a 3, and he'd be perfectly suited to that role in that future, but as i was saying, lets just let him develop and wait and see.

2009: It's quite a lively start at the Reebok Stadium, too, but problems for Wigan early doors as Tom Cleverley looks like he is going to be forced off with a hamstring injury.

From the BBC

Surely that means he'll stay there. Maybe a blessing in disguise in the long term...

Bad news for Tom he was performing very well the past few weeks and might've been recalled from his loan. Guess he stays at Wigan until the end of the season.

Staying at Wigan was always best for him, but if we were critically short of wingers there was a chance we'd recall him. Unlikely now, unless Park comes back injured towards the end of the month or something.

so is he coming back to us?
i really hope he does, he will give us some more depth on the wing or the midfield(in a 3 man set-up).
has there been any official statement regarding his return or loan extension?

4-5 weeks, 2cm tear on his hamstring, from the lads facebook.

so is he coming back to us?
i really hope he does, he will give us some more depth on the wing or the midfield(in a 3 man set-up).
has there been any official statement regarding his return or loan extension?

'Kinell. 4 posts before yours.

He'll probably stay at Wigan seeing as by the time he's fit again, Park and Valencia will be back.

Its better for his development long term if he stays at Wigan and plays regular football. Same with Welbeck. They can then come back to the club in the summer with a full seasons worth of football under their belts.

That would be my wish anyhow. Might harm us short term, but will help us long term.

He will defo be staying at Wigan so I would imagine. I would dearly love to see Obertan go out on loan. He has tons of ability but just needs a run of games I reckon to show what he is about!

Hasn't even made the bench today. Clearly not cutting it even at Wigan.
I'm joking by the way.

I can't believe you just spoiled my fun.

:lol: I was going to make a similar post before I opened this thread.

Nice to know someone else is as much of a dickhead as me, cw.

Must have missed this didnt see any news but Ben Hibbs just tweeted this

BenHibbs

For those asking, Cleverley still on loan at Wigan till end of season.

Anyone know when Cleverly is back for Wigan? Should be back soon enough. And do those that have seen him a lot for Wigan this year think he could become a regular on the left wing for us next season?

Was pretty anonymous according to a couple of reports on their fans forum. Probably to be expected after a long lay off. Moses is currently playing well out wide so the consensus seems to be that Cleverley will get a chance as an attacking centre midfielder, which will be good to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.