Tom Cleverley | 2010/11 Performances (on loan at Wigan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he ineligible for Wigan`s cup competitions?

Coz he isn`t in the Wigan squad for their FA-Cup match against Bolton, also Martinez plays only a B team.

He shouldn't be ineligible but, if I remember correctly there was something where in the earlier round he wasn't played so he wouldn't be cup tied should he return to us. That shouldn't be the case though anymore.

I hope Tom can come in and do a job well enough. No hype, no "the next this and that" nonsense. He has the potential to be a great player.

I too have high hopes for Tom, but he seems quite injury prone.

With the midfielders underperforming this season i.e carrick, ando and gibson i think cleverley has a great chance of stepping into the first team next season.

Hopefully he can put a run of games together now he's fit.

:lol:
Just had a Bebe type shot.

to be fair he doesn't look out of place with those players of citeh's

How much do you all wish he'd have gone to Bolton instead :(

Not really, Wigan are a better passing team

Wigan are terrible.

Bolton pass the ball too you know and are a much better side. He could have actually learnt something had he gone there.

Wigan are terrible.

Bolton pass the ball too you know and are a much better side. He could have actually learnt something had he gone there.

Crap, he'd hardly have got a game.You honestly believe Coyle would have played him as much as wigan?

The fact that he's at wigan back up my argument

Crap, he'd hardly have got a game.You honestly believe Coyle would have played him as much as wigan?

The fact that he's at wigan back up my argument

It backs up nothing. The decision was made at the start of the season so it was a gamble either way.

Wigan can knock it about at times and look fantastic but all too often they show no spine and get spanked 3,4 or 5 nil. What does he learn doing that?

Had he not gotten injured he'd have been recalled in January.

As for getting games at Bolton, absolutely. Petrov has been so shit they've had to play Matt Taylor (who is awful and the fans don't like) and they were without their other winger (Lee) for over a month through injury and that Asia cup.

There's absolutely no doubt he'd have been given the opportunity to play and if he'd have played well he'd have kept his place and have the chance to play for a decent side.

It's as simple as that.

he's been anonymous, not a shock as he's coming back from injury and they are shit.

Aye. I expected him to get dragged off when N'Zogbia came on but instead he's moved centrally and has done more in the last 5mins than he'd done in the hour before.

Aye. I expected him to get dragged off when N'Zogbia came on but instead he's moved centrally and has done more in the last 5mins than he'd done in the hour before.

Yes, he's just been on the ball a bit more after my post! To be honest I don't know an awful lot about him but from watching him this season he doesn't seem to be a winger and reminds me more of a Lampard actually.

Been very quiet today.. but like someone mentioned probably getting into match form.

ijuJIa.gif

We should bring him back. he couldn't do any worse than that shower that were out there today.

I'm not sure what makes people think Cleverley is any better to what we already have available in our squad.

Did anyone watch the Wigan v Spurs game yesterday?

I know Tom played the whole game and from MOTD he seemed to be playing from the left. He had a great effort saved and made a great chance for Sammon but how did he perform?

Surely that's an assumption.

as is he might not have had something to offer on the day sultan ;) He's doing very well and it's pleasing. What I like also is Wigan are respecting him, unlike sunderland with Wellbeck who are trying to mind feck him into signing for them every other day. Once he's in the fold, it'll be interesting to see our plans for him.

Didn't see the game yesterday but i'm sure a fair few did by legitimate means :D

He played well. A few Beckhamesque crosses, endless running, almost scored with a great curling effort.

For anyone that's interested. I've just checked his chalkboard and he had 3 shots with 1 on target, attempted 41 passes misplacing 13 and it would seem he played on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.