Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Yeah, I am not that hyped either.

On a semi-related note. I'm spending some of my spare time watching old PPV's. Anyone have a few recommendations of some to put on my watching list? Cheers

I will give you one to avoid like the plague that I had the misfortune of stumbling across the other week: Survivor Series 1993

An electrifying* ten minute match between Billy Gunn and the Brooklyn Brawler kicks things off. *said nobody.

A truly iconic match took place to be fair - "The Four Doinks" which consisted of the Bushwhackers and Men on a Mission (Viscera and some dude) all wearing Doink the clown makeup / attire against Bastian Booger, Bam Bam Bigelow and the Headshrinkers.

Another match saw the Hart family (not just Bret and Owen but Bruce and Keith too!) vs HBK and "The Blue, Red and Black Knights". To be fair to the Hart's it's the HBK's random Knights who make this match a stinker.

Then you get the Heavenly Bodies vs The Rock N Roll express who look like they've been dug up from around 230 million years ago, which I can only assume, in 1993 that WWF did as some sort of cross-brand promotion for the release of Jurassic Park.

The main event is quite brutal: "The All-Americans" (Luger, Steiners & Taker) V "The Foreign Fanatics" (Quebecer Jacques, Ludvig Borga, Crush and Yokozuna). Enough said about that.

Next time you complain about the modern day booking - look at the card above ^

Here are a few suggestions that I have enjoyed:

One Night Only: Whilst not the perfect card it does have Bret Hart V Taker, HBK V British Bulldog, Owen Hart V Vader, HHH V Foley (Dude Love). Plus I was there as an 8 year old boy so there's some nostalgia there for me.

One Night Stand 2005: The first of the revived ECW shows. It's good fun. You also see JBL truly batter The Blue Meanie for something, towards the end.

Money in the Bank 2011: I had stopped watched wrestling around 2005 and only got back into it over the last few years, this is one I saw recently, mainly for the Punk V Cena match and that alone makes it worth watching.

Bonus PPV / for the lolz:

WCW Bash at the Beach 2000 - I didn't watch the entire thing but I wanted to relive the WTF? moment involving Vince Russo, Hogan and Jeff Jarrett. It's worth watching just for it's sheer oddness alone.

TBF, in 93 I really enjoyed that SS. It planted seeds for the Owen/Bret feud to come, and it was great just seeing Taker stand and not move on the apron for like 15 minutes.

TBF, in 93 I really enjoyed that SS. It planted seeds for the Owen/Bret feud to come, and it was great just seeing Taker stand and not move on the apron for like 15 minutes.

With the talent available, it was not terrible overall. My main complaint for that match is Shawn Michael's "Knights", it's just not a very good match, at no fault of Bret, Owen and Shawn's. Surely there was actually some decent wrestlers who could have been put in that angle instead.

The worst match is with the "four doinks". Utter shit.

I have wiped that from my memory. The only doinks one i remember is the Doink and Dinks vs Lawler and his minis lol

So, there's been an update on Nikki Bella's injury that she's been working on all year, and it's a big one. Basically her vertebrate have dislodged to the point her spinal chord has been crushed and excess liquid has built up in there too. Basically one bad bump and she could have been paralysed.

She managed to carry Charlotte several times in that state and some people still wont admit that she's a good worker.

So, there's been an update on Nikki Bella's injury that she's been working on all year, and it's a big one. Basically her vertebrate have dislodged to the point her spinal chord has been crushed and excess liquid has built up in there too. Basically one bad bump and she could have been paralysed.

She managed to carry Charlotte several times in that state and some people still wont admit that she's a good worker.

You mean she is NOT just pretending to be sick to go on vacation with John?!!

I don't mind Nikki but let's stop with the shitting on Charlotte at any given opportunity. You're now even going out of your way to have a pop at her.

I don't mind Nikki but let's stop with the shitting on Charlotte at any given opportunity. You're now even going out of your way to have a pop at her.

One is much maligned but very good, one is (well, was at least) highly touted despite being poor.

Nikki's last matches were literally against her, it's hardly going out of the way.

So the demon and a dead guy believe that a cult leader who gang attacked them will play fair and only let two of his family fight them?

When I type a sentence like the one I above I wonder what the feck I'm actually watching

Seriously? That's beyond stupid of her if true. It's not like she's a major draw the division couldn't cope without her.

What a rubbish RAW. So predictable. Paige and Charlotte are just awful, get Sasha Banks in and get Bayley on the main roster.

Seriously? That's beyond stupid of her if true. It's not like she's a major draw the division couldn't cope without her.

What a rubbish RAW. So predictable. Paige and Charlotte are just awful, get Sasha Banks in and get Bayley on the main roster.

She's been injured since February (maybe longer, that's when I heard she was hurt), the injury was, until 2/3 weeks assumed to be a separated shoulder as it was her shoulder giving her grief, all the excercises and stuff she's done for that have not done anything to help (or not as much as expected) which caused them to look elsewhere and realise how bad it was.

Obviously aside from the wrestling, training and powerlifting next to a genetic freak like John Cena can only lead to more wear and tear too.

She's been injured since February (maybe longer, that's when I heard she was hurt), the injury was, until 2/3 weeks assumed to be a separated shoulder as it was her shoulder giving her grief, all the excercises and stuff she's done for that have not done anything to help (or not as much as expected) which caused them to look elsewhere and realise how bad it was.

Obviously aside from the wrestling, training and powerlifting next to a genetic freak like John Cena can only lead to more wear and tear too.

John Cena probably absolutely destroys her every night daily too.

The comment about Charlotte's brother was unnecessary and pretty stupid when you consider that Paige was quite visibly moved by Charlotte's words earlier in the promo.

I got condemned a while ago on here for saying Paige is terrible at promos. She really is a bad talker, and she was terrible on Tough Enough. I get shes been in the business for a long time, but she acts like that gives her free reign, she really was the worst on Tough Enough.

I got condemned a while ago on here for saying Paige is terrible at promos. She really is a bad talker, and she was terrible on Tough Enough. I get shes been in the business for a long time, but she acts like that gives her free reign, she really was the worst on Tough Enough.

Yep. She came across as the local council estate slag.

Guaranteed she'd had big dave and the lads have a go on her back when she lived in Norwich.

Sorry I didn't see said post, otherwise I'd have backed you up. I've also said in this thread before that I think Paige is horrible at promos. Why she feels the need to deliver everything in an incredibly sarcastic tone I have no idea. Not only that, but she more often then not doesn't seem to pay attention to what other people are saying to her/ the storylines are when she's retorting.

Taker/Wyatt bit was meh... Not that hyped about the match yet. Neville VS Owens however was quite good.

Ambrose VS Ziggler was awesome. Nice transition from safe and mat based wrestling to both taking more risks in order to progress in the tournament.
Ambrose's little rant after his win was pretty funny. I want breakfast for dinner :lol:

Reigns VS Cesaro stole the show. Tough booking for Roman to work a match against someone who the crowd loves so much, they both put on a great showcase.

The fragments of Triple H going the rounds in the locker room were pretty good, to show that Triple H really is pissed off with Roman denying him.

Diva's bit was cringeworthy, made worse by Charlotte being an emotional wreck like always and Paige havign a very strong heel line just after looking like she was really moved by Charlotte's story. Made no sense.

Bit harsh to blame her for today though? The death of her brother is clearly an emotional topic( she ahd tears in her eyes) and WWE shouldnt have exploited it like that.

You think that Charlotte and even Ric Flair had no say in that promo? Charlotte was even the one who set up that line.