Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Who's had the best career out of winning Tough Enough?

The only one I can think of from it who's been a legit success is The Miz, and he was a runner up. I guess they got Ryback out of it too, and Josh Matthews.

So Katsuyori Shibata vs Kota Ibushi was everything I hoped for and more. Seriously everyone should do what they can to find and watch that match. Just incredible stuff.

Caught it earlier, fantastic match. Got the last two matches still to watch, neither were ever gonna top that though.

Agreed. I absolutely hate his WC reign, and can't stand this cowardly little bitch Rollins. He had so much promise when he was with The Shield, and was great at first, but it's just getting very, very tiresome now.

Fair play to Cena for carrying on with the show after his nose break. He recovered quite quickly and kept going for a while before the match was stopped, but only a couple of minutes early. The man really is a legend and literally bleeds WWE. I honestly found it really difficult viewing as he was obviously in agony and also severely disorientated. His nose was pissing blood everywhere, he was dizzy and yet still continued to dive around, take some serious slams and dish out his own too. Much respect.
Gotta say I too have a huge amount of respect for Cena. The character may be stale but as a wrestler he is good and any "Best of" dvd they make for him will be well worth a watch. Moreover as a person he seems to be a great guy. Commited to the company and fans, the amount of effort he puts into his job, including charity events, signings, media appearances etc is second to non and he needs commending for that.

Who's had the best career out of winning Tough Enough?

The only one I can think of from it who's been a legit success is The Miz, and he was a runner up. I guess they got Ryback out of it too, and Josh Matthews.

Miz in WWE in terms of Tough Enough out right contestants. From winners, Johnny Mundo / nitro / hennigan / morrison, etc. Hes probably had the best career from past winners that I can think of (right now).

You're the worst.

I love Paige, but shes a terrible judge.

Seems WWE is switching players around to accommodate Cena's injury. Ambrose / Cesaro vs Rollins / KO at SD. Would do KO good to be with Rollins and when Cena returns they could pick up on the feud. I think Rollins may retain the title at SS with interference from KO.

Rusev is back with Jack Swagger *yawn*

Would not read to much into it.. Cena is never on SD and Rollins + Cesaro faced off last week, with Owens attacking afterwards. Same thing with Swagger + Rusev, only on begins it was a hometown show. Ambrose just seems to be the stand in guy on smackdown.

Gotta say I too have a huge amount of respect for Cena. The character may be stale but as a wrestler he is good and any "Best of" dvd they make for him will be well worth a watch. Moreover as a person he seems to be a great guy. Commited to the company and fans, the amount of effort he puts into his job, including charity events, signings, media appearances etc is second to non and he needs commending for that.

Honestly don't think he's that good... Yes, this year he seems to be pulling out some new moves, but before he was very reliant on same moves. His matches are largely the same formats throughout the feuds. Look at Rusev and KO feuds and they are mostly the same. He also relies on to many false finishes, he's made his own finisher look weak now. He doesn't sell well, he does not manage matches that well either. It's telling that two of his best matches this year have been against former experienced indie guys.

Maybe i'm just incredibly bored of him, the predictability of his feuds (losing once, win the rest), the predictability of his matches, his shouty promos and the fact he's constantly, intentionally or not, burying everyone he comes across.

I do believe that if Cena was not around or was not over pushed.. WWE would be in a much better shape.

Would not read to much into it.. Cena is never on SD and Rollins + Cesaro faced off last week, with Owens attacking afterwards. Same thing with Swagger + Rusev, only on begins it was a hometown show. Ambrose just seems to be the stand in guy on smackdown.

Honestly don't think he's that good... Yes, this year he seems to be pulling out some new moves, but before he was very reliant on same moves. His matches are largely the same formats throughout the feuds. Look at Rusev and KO feuds and they are mostly the same. He also relies on to many false finishes, he's made his own finisher look weak now. He doesn't sell well, he does not manage matches that well either. It's telling that two of his best matches this year have been against former experienced indie guys.

Maybe i'm just incredibly bored of him, the predictability of his feuds (losing once, win the rest), the predictability of his matches, his shouty promos and the fact he's constantly, intentionally or not, burying everyone he comes across.

I do believe that if Cena was not around or was not over pushed.. WWE would be in a much better shape.

Pretty much every wrestler relies on the same moves, including the internet's darlings Bryan and Punk.

If you don't think John Cena is one of the best wrestlers in the world, then you're just wrong. It would be very easy to argue that he's one of the 20 or so greatest ever.

This MOVEZ = good wrestler bullshit is just that, bullshit. Ric Flair has his ever reliable 4 moves and he's probably the greatest ever, Austin had 4, 2 of which were different kinds of punches.

Also the idea that Cena isn't a fantastic ring general is hilarious. He managed to get a very good match out of Khali. KHALI!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't think John Cena is one of the best wrestlers in the world, then you're just wrong. It would be very easy to argue that he's one of the 20 or so greatest ever.

This MOVEZ = good wrestler bullshit is just that, bullshit. Ric Flair has his ever reliable 4 moves and he's probably the greatest ever, Austin had 4, 2 of which were different kinds of punches.

Also the idea that Cena isn't a fantastic ring general is hilarious. He managed to get a very good match out of Khali. KHALI!!!!!!!!!!

Agree with this, but I do think Hal made a good point about him making the AA look weak. When Zayn kicked out of it, it was a big deal, now it's becoming quite cheap. I think everyone but poor old Ryder have kicked out of it since Zayn did the original kick out.

And I'm not a big indie guy whilst you clearly are, but from the (little) i've seen, there are a few more moves used during matches. But with the current WWE style of "only finishers get pins," adding extra moves would be pointless anyway

There is several reasons why i don't find him that good, the no selling is a big deal for me, superman Cena, the similar formula in every match, the promo's, up till this year he's had a restricted move set.

Don't think he's near 20 or so the greatest ever. Think that probably comes with him being top face of WWE for so long and how much air time he gets.

Ok...I thought I'd take the time to do this and list every enjoyable to brilliant PPV match Cena has had since winning his first world title at WM21. Only listing up to 4 man matches, no Survivor Series, Battle Royals, Elimination Chambers. Bolded favourites of mine.

2005: JBL (Judgement Day)
2006: Triple H (Mania) Triple H/Edge (Backlash) RVD (ONS) Edge (Summerslam, Unforgiven)
2007: Umaga (Rumble), HBK (Mania), HBK/Edge/Orton (Backlash), Khali (ONS...seriously), Orton (Summerslam)
2008: Orton/Triple H (Mania), Triple H (Night of Champions), Batista (Summerslam), Jericho (SSeries, Armageddon)
2009: Edge/Show (Mania) Edge (Backlash), Orton/Triple H (NoC), Orton (Summerslam, Breaking Point, Bragging Rights, HiaC), Triple H/HBK (SSeries)
2010: Batista (Mania, OTL)
2011: Morrison/Miz (Extreme Rules), CM Punk (MITB, Summerslam) Del Rio/Punk (HiaC)
2012: Rock (Mania), Lesnar (Extreme Rules), CM Punk (NoC), Ziggler (TLC)
2013: Rock (Mania), Ryback (Extreme Rules, Payback), Mark Henry (MitB...seriously), Bryan (Summerslam), Del Rio (SSeries), Orton (TLC)
2014: Orton (Rumble), Wyatt (Mania, Payback), Lesnar (Summerslam, NoC), Orton (HiaC), Rollins (TLC)
2015: Rollins/Lesnar (Rumble), Rusev (Mania, Payback), Owens (EC, MitB, BGround)

That's an awful lot of good matches for a bad wrestler and there's still an awful lot i've missed that have 5+ men or are on TV as opposed to PPV.

There is several reasons why i don't find him that good, the no selling is a big deal for me, superman Cena, the similar formula in every match, the promo's, up till this year he's had a restricted move set.

Don't think he's near 20 or so the greatest ever. Think that probably comes with him being top face of WWE for so long and how much air time he gets.

Which is very much tied into the fact that he's in the top 20. The super Cena stuff is booking, and nothing to do with how good of a wrestler he is. His promos can be fantastic when he gets going. The formula in every match and restricted move set is true of almost every top superstar on the roster.

Which is very much tied into the fact that he's in the top 20. The super Cena stuff is booking, and nothing to do with how good of a wrestler he is. His promos can be fantastic when he gets going. The formula in every match and restricted move set is true of almost every top superstar on the roster.

I'm not saying he's bad, i'm not saying he's great or the best or up there with the best.

The super Cena stuff is a mixture of booking and him managing matches. I'll bring the Nexus match as an example, there is a podcast where Edge and Jericho discuss that match, where they told Cena not to end it like he did, but he does it anyway. There is other times, he'll take chair shots, get beat downs, and he's up. He's the king of kicking out and getting out of finishers and to me, he no sells or poorly sells more than he does sell. He calls to loudly, he's clumsy and cumbersome, especially setting up moves etc.

It's my opinion, no doubt he's been in great matches. But as i said he stick to same formula. I enjoyed the matches with Owens, but once you've seen the first, you've seen the other two....

I don't really like his promo's either. He's confident on the mic, but he constantly goes for cheap pops, he constantly buries/humiliates people, most of his reactions is due to him getting a bit shouty... Hell he's even been burying the WWEHWC belt recently.

He's not bad, he's not great, or in with the greats imho. His cheap pop shouty promo's, bright coloured t-shirts and super Cena stuff keeps him popular with the kids that's why he's remained the top face in this P.G era. Stick him in the attitude era, does anything really think he'll be anywhere near the top?

I'm not saying he's bad, i'm not saying he's great or the best or up there with the best.

The super Cena stuff is a mixture of booking and him managing matches. I'll bring the Nexus match as an example, there is a podcast where Edge and Jericho discuss that match, where they told Cena not to end it like he did, but he does it anyway. There is other times, he'll take chair shots, get beat downs, and he's up. He's the king of kicking out and getting out of finishers and to me, he no sells or poorly sells more than he does sell. He calls to loudly, he's clumsy and cumbersome, especially setting up moves etc.

It's my opinion, no doubt he's been in great matches. But as i said he stick to same formula. I enjoyed the matches with Owens, but once you've seen the first, you've seen the other two....

I don't really like his promo's either. He's confident on the mic, but he constantly goes for cheap pops, he constantly buries/humiliates people, most of his reactions is due to him getting a bit shouty... Hell he's even been burying the WWEHWC belt recently.

He's not bad, he's not great, or in with the greats imho. His cheap pop shouty promo's, bright coloured t-shirts and super Cena stuff keeps him popular with the kids that's why he's remained the top face in this P.G era. Stick him in the attitude era, does anything really think he'll be anywhere near the top?

The Nexus thing is an example that makes a mountain out of a mole hill. Plenty of Superstars have done similar. This one example gets banded about like he does it at every RAW and ever PPV. It's blown out of proportion.

The biggest stars in the history of the WWE have relied on cheap pops. The Rock, Stone Cold, Hulk Hogan, you name it. Seen one match you've seen them all? Same with Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Sheamus etc the last 2 years. A lot of this is not a big deal, and applies to everybody.

The Nexus thing is an example that makes a mountain out of a mole hill. Plenty of Superstars have done similar. This one example gets banded about like he does it at every RAW and ever PPV. It's blown out of proportion.

Stone Cold having to "save" the WWE/F's best and brightest stars from WCW's castoffs, near single handedly during the Invasion is probably worse to be fair.

That pop, though....

As many have said, if you have seen one Cena match, you have seen them all, but Cena being in so many top matches year after year is testament to how good he is. He makes the matches (along with his opponents) because of the sheer intensity that goes in to each match. He's like the Manchester United of wrestling where everyone who fights him seriously ups their game and performs at their very best. Cena however, performs at the same level night after night, be it a house show at Butlins in from of 2000 people or a top PPV in front of 70,000 and millions on TV.

I've lost count of how many injuries he gets due to throwing himself into every match. I also think his work outside the ring should be commended and reason to why he is without question one of the true wrestling greats. I would say top 10 easily. He has granted more wishes than anyone else for the Make a Wish Foundation for a start and always spends ages signing autographs and speaking to the fans and couple that with his message, especially to kids, I think he is an excellent role model in a world of moronic role models that send out disgraceful messages to kids.

I can understand why people don't like him, or are bored of him, or just sick of the sight of him, but I seriously cannot understand why anyone would deny he is one of the all time greats.

Edge and (in particular) Jericho are carny as they come. They'll do anything to put themselves over, including making up a story about telling John Cena not to do something and him doing it anyway, before lo and behold they were right after all. As for the clumsy and cumbersome stuff, just watch CM Punk matches in comparison. Now THERE is a sloppy worker.

As for the last point, John Cena would be right at the top in the Attitude Era, without any shadow of a doubt. Hell he'd probably have been much bigger than he is now.

This idea that he's booked any different from any other top babyface is laughable. Just look at Stone Cold Steve Austin, the booking is pretty much identical.

Edge and (in particular) Jericho are carny as they come. They'll do anything to put themselves over, including making up a story about telling John Cena not to do something and him doing it anyway, before lo and behold they were right after all. As for the clumsy and cumbersome stuff, just watch CM Punk matches in comparison. Now THERE is a sloppy worker.

As for the last point, John Cena would be right at the top in the Attitude Era, without any shadow of a doubt. Hell he'd probably have been much bigger than he is now.

This idea that he's booked any different from any other top babyface is laughable. Just look at Stone Cold Steve Austin, the booking is pretty much identical.

I doubt they would make something up on a pod cast when one is retired, and one is semi retired. Cena later also said he regretted how he ended that match. It was just one example though.

Last edited:
Cena getting his nose broken. Seems a bit careless from Rollins.
BackSameGar.gif

If that was Charlotte, Phelan would be asking her to die and be kicked out out of this world.

I doubt they would make something up on a pod cast when one is retired, and one is semi retired. Cena later also said he regretted how he ended that match. It was just one example though.

You seriously underrate how carny they are.

If that was Charlotte, Phelan would be asking her to die and be kicked out out of this world.

If Rollins had Charlotte's history of hurting opponents you might be right, brother.

As it is Seth has gone for something new and fecked it up horrendously, but in isolation as it is at this point, it doesn't mean Seth is bad, just that he made a mistake. It happens. Owen Hart dropping Austin on his head doesn't make him a bad worker either.

That would be simply an awesome appearance. Loved Amells WWE style promo at Comic Con.

Few people on Twitter saying that Roddy Piper has died. TMZ and PWMania are reporting it. Haven't seen anything from WWE yet.