Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Apparently natural causes, so say TMZ.

All the wrestlers from my childhood are falling :(

Wrestling's premature death rate is astonishing.

29b5a-rowdyroddypeeper.png

And the drugs and steroids - particularly for past generations.
Yeah I didn't want to include that as a generalisation, but I think it's pretty accepted they all dabbled with them at some stage. They clearly had an awful long term effect.

Can now add Shinsuke Nakamura to the list of wrestlers I've seen have really good matches with one arm. The list now consists of John Cena and Shinsuke Nakamura. Talk about exalted company.

RIP Roddy :(

Looking forward to seeing Stephen Amell on the show if it comes about still, I enjoy Arrow.. Would be even more amazing if he gets help from some of the other 'heroes' from DC shows :lol: He actually has the physique and probably the right kind of training to succeed in a half decent match if it came to that as well, which would be cool.

Wrestling's premature death rate is astonishing.

Exactly what I thought when I saw the news.

Was a bit young to see Roddy at his best. Only the occasional guest appearance on RAW or whatever. Could tell he really loved the business though. RIP.

Was planning on saying that LOS INGOBERNABLES Tetsuya Naito may be the best gimmick in wrestling at the moment, then Toru Yano followed him.

Toru Yano is absolutely great fun. In theory he's probably the lowest man on the New Japan card, but he can genuinely win any match, which makes his full routine even better as it drags you right in.

Who am I kidding, the New Day is the best gimmick around at the moment, with Naito in second.

Dana doing what Dana does best... being a douche!

http://www.stillrealtous.com/dana-white-rips-on-wwe-for-being-fake-several-wrestlers-comment/

Since his original tweet he is now back peddling

http://www.stillrealtous.com/dana-white-says-his-fake-comment-was-a-joke-more-wrestlers-react/

No doubt to keep Ronda happy and wrestling fans too in the hope they buy the Punk UFC Debut PPV.
It was a joke

The uproar was fecking hilarious from the "it's real to me dammit" folk

It was a joke

The uproar was fecking hilarious from the "it's real to me dammit" folk

It wasn't a joke at all, he just put his foot in it and has tried to back track since. As Mick Foley said in his tweet to him, wrong choice of words, wrestling isn't fake.

Yep, Emma out of gimmick (and to a lesser extent Evil Emma in gimmick) is ludicrously attractive. It's incredible how different she looks.

Niiiiiice! :)

Really is an absolute stunner. Dana is a bit too butch looking sometimes for me, huge arms and shoulders on her.

It wasn't a joke at all, he just put his foot in it and has tried to back track since. As Mick Foley said in his tweet to him, wrong choice of words, wrestling isn't fake.

Well it obviously is fake

But I don't doubt for a moment Dana knows it is a tough profession to be involved in. He just doesn't happen to be a fan of it

Well it obviously is fake

But I don't doubt for a moment Dana knows it is a tough profession to be involved in. He just doesn't happen to be a fan of it

As I mentioned when this was brought up in the MMA thread, I know a lot of wrestlers who seriously can't abide the term fake. They will seriously will smack anyone who says it to them. The word has massive negative connotations, which when they've worked so hard to get good at a craft like this it's a real kick in the face.

It's weird when fans get agitated over that stuff mind.

It was pretty funny that he said that before a show that highlighted the major advantage of worked matches.

Well obviously UFC would not benefit from worked matches

But I do think although he was messing Dana should be more polite when it comes to wrestling. Brock lesner is responsible for gaining a lot of new fans and some big bucks

He may also have to share Ronda with them when she goes to negotiate her next contract. Although I can't see here staying in mma for a long time.

As I mentioned when this was brought up in the MMA thread, I know a lot of wrestlers who seriously can't abide the term fake. They will seriously will smack anyone who says it to them. The word has massive negative connotations, which when they've worked so hard to get good at a craft like this it's a real kick in the face.

It's weird when fans get agitated over that stuff mind.

It was pretty funny that he said that before a show that highlighted the major advantage of worked matches.
There's the infamous case of Schultz slapping a journalist on camera who suggested pro wrestling's fake sometime in the eighties, but the industry's come a long way from "protecting the business" in that way. Now we have WWE release non-keyfabe interviews and content on its network, and openly talking to media outlets about the ins and outs of what it does behind the scenes.

The weird reverse of this development is that with the 'realism' of pro wrestling becoming less important as the audience is now 'in on the secret', matches are moving more and more to a quicker and more flamboyant style with a faster pace and more visually exciting (and often more dangerous) moves. Meltzer mentioned this a while ago and, although I can't remember exactly, the paraphrase is that in the seventies you had wrestlers working to not hurt each other while aggressively selling everything as if they were injured, and now you have guys genuinely hurting each other who go out of their way to no-sell.

Well obviously UFC would not benefit from worked matches

But I do think although he was messing Dana should be more polite when it comes to wrestling. Brock lesner is responsible for gaining a lot of new fans and some big bucks
I'm sure Dana knew the reaction he'd get. He probably fancied it would generate a bit of interest in his upcoming PPVs and galvanise his hardcore fans who probably don't like wrestling very much anyway.

Dana needs social media training tbh. He wasnt "joking" tbh, but he had to backtrack.

Do think its weird he has a go at fans (especially of wrestling) considering he will be hoping a lot of them buy CM Punks debut.

Also I swear I read a houseshow where Dana and Emma were opponents. Dana has come a long way since her debut.