Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

This feud summed up one of my big issues with AEW and (along with the murder attempt on Danielson) is one of the reasons I couldn't get back into it.

When I dipped back in, Page's primary concern actually seemed to be the world title (he was beating up Dark Order members to improve his chances of winning the gauntlet match for a title shot), and not Swerve, but then Swerve lost to Danielson and they pivoted to it being purely personal. Page burned Swerve's house down, beat him in the syringe match, Swerve disappears for weeks, and his "return" vignette was MVP calling out Prince Nana for being a shit manager, had no word from Swerve, and made no mention of Page. I'm not even sure why he's been off TV for so long.

Similarly, Moxley literally tried to murder Danielson, broke up BCC, yet Danielson's been busy doing little side quests against Jack Perry, Nigel McGuiness and Kazuchika Okada rather than seeking any sort of retribution.

Yes! Exactly that. They started the feud with a bang and then the Danielson side quests just killed the energy and believability. AEW does this so much. Their whole focus is putting on '5 star classics' that storytelling and characterisation is put on the backburner. Tony Khan will always hold AEW back from being a really successful company because he's too self indulgent in living out his childhood action figure fantasies rather than putting on the product that makes money. Also, there's way too many random people from Japan and the Indies brought in with absolutely no establishing of character or credentials. It's so frustrating because it has aspects of being really good but ultimately the product frustrates too much because it's playing to a very small niche crowd.

Yes! Exactly that. They started the feud with a bang and then the Danielson side quests just killed the energy and believability. AEW does this so much. Their whole focus is putting on '5 star classics' that storytelling and characterisation is put on the backburner. Tony Khan will always hold AEW back from being a really successful company because he's too self indulgent in living out his childhood action figure fantasies rather than putting on the product that makes money. Also, there's way too many random people from Japan and the Indies brought in with absolutely no establishing of character or credentials. It's so frustrating because it has aspects of being really good but ultimately the product frustrates too much because it's playing to a very small niche crowd.

I initially lost interest when they rebooted ROH and started bringing in NJPW guys every week. Nothing went anywhere and it was just matches for the sake of matches.

I tried giving it another go because I was interested in Ospreay vs MJF, but Moxley trying to kill Danielson, only for Danielson to be immediately sidetracked just made me lose all interest.

I initially lost interest when they rebooted ROH and started bringing in NJPW guys every week. Nothing went anywhere and it was just matches for the sake of matches.

I tried giving it another go because I was interested in Ospreay vs MJF, but Moxley trying to kill Danielson, only for Danielson to be immediately sidetracked just made me lose all interest.

There's a real focus issue. Danielson/BCC seem to continually flip between heel and face without much rhyme or reason. Statlander and Swerve seem to have gone back to being faces after heel turns that lasted like a month. The MJF/Undisputed Kingdom thing was just bizarre. Lots of talents just seem to go missing with no explanation (Starks, Miro, Wardlow, Rush, Hobbs etc). They need massive work on quality control.

Yeah. AEW has had some really good moments for me and even some good enough feuds back when it was building to its peak.

Problem is as one off shows I find it quite entertaining, but nothing really seems to progress or build to anything so after not very long it all gets very samey. Cool entrances and cool flippy matches but with nothing to distinguish a match one week from one the next.

I think they do have storytelling, they just don't put the focus on it very well.

Wrestle dream tonight.

Card looks mid which means it'll be a solid ppv.

Think well see lashley and I still reckon Shane McMahon has signed up.

Sami’s contribution to the Bloodline stuff shits on the awkward Cody involvement

Tbf Sami had Roman, Hayman and the Usos to work with. Cody has Solo and some guys who are basically just his bodyguards with zero character never mind character development.

Also Cody's whole thing was finishing the story, and then he finished it. The invincible american super hero thing already got boring when they had Cena do it for about 10 years, and at least he'd have title matches against opponents who might actually beat him. All of Cody's matches post Mania have been completely pointless.

WWE had a live event in Cardiff on the weekend, didn't know anything about it until I saw it on social media.

I didn't know about it until this post. Probably wouldn't have gone anyway mind as tickets are generally silly expensive these days.

Finished the Vince Netflix documentary.

My main takeaway really is just being very sad for Shane. Just a guy who is so desperate for his Dad's recognition and love and gets only drips and drops of both in return.

Finished the Vince Netflix documentary.

My main takeaway really is just being very sad for Shane. Just a guy who is so desperate for his Dad's recognition and love and gets only drips and drops of both in return.
Yeah agreed. Can't imagine how you felt when after all the hard work, HHH married Steph and stepped ahead.

My main takeaway was that he was clearly being a massive sex pervert/monster for years and apparently no one bothered to try and do anything about it, and were even happy to sit and talk about him for a tv documentary and just ignore that this was a thing.

Tuned out of AEW after the first murder attempt on Danielson, but I don't remember his retirement being mentioned as "from full-time competition" when he was up against Swerve for the title, or indeed when he gave his little speech announcing he'd retire once he'd dropped it. It was very much presented as "Danielson loses and we're never seeing him in a ring again."

The fact his reign lasted about a month seems really cheap, and the fact they've basically left the door open for him to return essentially all the time as long as they call him "part-time" also seems really cheap. I get the guy loves wrestling, but this whole thing just seems meaningless now, especially as he's obviously still going to have beef with Moxley and BCC and return for some sort of program there.

What happened with the whole Elite taking over aew and khan wearing the neckbrace to the nfl draft. Did that go anywhere? Or is the bcc thing now meant to tie into that somehow? (And why are they still called bcc seeing as regal is long gone?)

Tuned out of AEW after the first murder attempt on Danielson, but I don't remember his retirement being mentioned as "from full-time competition" when he was up against Swerve for the title, or indeed when he gave his little speech announcing he'd retire once he'd dropped it. It was very much presented as "Danielson loses and we're never seeing him in a ring again."

The fact his reign lasted about a month seems really cheap, and the fact they've basically left the door open for him to return essentially all the time as long as they call him "part-time" also seems really cheap. I get the guy loves wrestling, but this whole thing just seems meaningless now, especially as he's obviously still going to have beef with Moxley and BCC and return for some sort of program there.

Yes because that match WAS a title vs career match, he won it. Therefor his mantra reverted back to him saying 2024 was his last year as a full time wrestler and when he lost the title, should it continue into 2025 and further for obvious reasons as to not sell results cheaply, he would stick to his word on that when he lost the title.

There is no doubt he'll continue wrestling for some time yet. Just on a limited very limited basis, he's always been clear about it. And I fully back him, and others that do so, do what you love, as long as you can manage it well, which I believe he can.

What happened with the whole Elite taking over aew and khan wearing the neckbrace to the nfl draft. Did that go anywhere? Or is the bcc thing now meant to tie into that somehow? (And why are they still called bcc seeing as regal is long gone?)

No, because Omega is injured. It's clearly tied to the endgame being Tony Khan's (one of many) dream match on his show. Omega vs Okada V. He can't work around these issues. Look at Cole-MJF.... Adam Cole now wants revenge on MJF for Adam Cole turning on MJF, just let that one die Tone.

I really hope the Moxley storyline does flow well, because Moxley and co are absolutely nailing it. That promo this week was genuinely brilliant, and actually put that Cody-Roman "movie" promo in the shade it was so well executed in almost every way.

Last edited:
Yes because that match WAS a title vs career match, he won it. Therefor his mantra reverted back to him saying 2024 was his last year as a full time wrestler and when he lost the title, should it continue into 2025 and further for obvious reasons as to not sell results cheaply, he would stick to his word on that when he lost the title.

There is no doubt he'll continue wrestling for some time yet. Just on a limited very limited basis, he's always been clear about it. And I fully back him, and others that do so, do what you love, as long as you can manage it well, which I believe he can.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but it was presented as title vs career, and if Danielson lost, that was it for him. After he won, he revealed his plans to be to wrestle until he dropped the title, then he'd retire. There was nothing about only retiring from "full-time" competition, and the message was very much again, if Danielson loses, that's it for him.

All in all, it was a really naff "retirement" run. Six matches as champion, three of which weren't title matches (and two weren't singles matches), one of his title matches was against Jack Perry, and another was in that weird stipulation match against Okada where the secondary title was more protected. It was all done and dusted in a little over a month, but the end of it leaves him quite clearly with motivation to come back to fight Moxley and Yuta.

I get he wants to keep carrying on, and if he's fine to do so, then go for it. Just don't book a cheap, fake retirement angle.

Khan allegedly didn't want people thinking he didn't have control, even in kayfabe, so he dropped the neck brace and basically stopped there from being any more references to The Elite being able to take over the show(s).

Samantha Irvin is a huge loss, would be weird to see her in AEW she’s almost too big a star to head there at this point

She's good and her announcing is fun but Twitter and Reddit are going so overboard. People on there saying it would be one of their biggest signings if they got her.

She is a ring announcer, for goodness sake.

She's good and her announcing is fun but Twitter and Reddit are going so overboard. People on there saying it would be one of their biggest signings if they got her.

I dunno, I watch wrestling for the ring announcers personally (Samantha Irvin, Lilian Garcia and Howard finkel are the only ones I can name).

Game changer.

I dunno, I watch wrestling for the ring announcers personally (Samantha Irvin, Lilian Garcia and Howard finkel are the only ones I can name).

Game changer.
The absolute disrespect to Tony Chimel.

Do you not remember him announcing Edge? “The Rated R SuuuOOOOOperstar”

Big loss for WWE that. She’s been a pretty big part of the show and heavily promoted lately. You have to wonder if something went down announcing she’s leaving out of nowhere on the day of RAW.

Lillian Garcia is at RAW tonight apparently

I like her but found her over the top at times.

Felt with her boyfriend going to AEW it was just a matter of time before she followed.

No no, they're right.