Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

I hope Punk goes to WWE just out of morbid curiousity of how they could co-exist and for how long. Where they would slot him, whether his ego could take other people being higher in the pecking order, etc.

On screen I've seen enough of Punk to be honest. I'm more interested in other people getting the tv time in AEW and seeing how they do. However, nothing has changed from when he first signed in terms of the fact that he's a big star from his WWE days and having him will make a difference to the ratings and when AEW want more shows etc. Business wise AEW will suffer without him. But its not worth the problems backstage.

Sami and the Bloodline on the mic and promos are brilliant.

The reaction to Jey’s comment was brilliant here;

And then the whole Bloodline not trying to crack up here was brilliant. Jey had to muster every energy not to crack up, especially at the comment at 1:09 :lol:

Last edited:

And then the whole Bloodline not trying to crack up here was brilliant. Jey had to muster every energy not to crack up, especially at the comment at 1:09 :lol:

Sami is amazing

They're all so fecking great.

It's also a real testament to all the character work they've done that the "I don't give a damn" line from Jey got a huge reaction... Bigger then anything else on the show.

That in time with Roman's reaction was great TV

Great stuff. Kids growing up now have their DX, 4 horsemen, their NWO. That’s how legendary this run will be seen in 15/20 years.

The Bloodline should never get rid of Sami. I wonder if they have a backstage bet on if he can get them to break, it wss so funny watching Jey try his best not to.

It's also a real testament to all the character work they've done that the "I don't give a damn" line from Jey got a huge reaction... Bigger then anything else on the show.

It's crazy how despite being heels everyone loves them.

The Bloodline should never get rid of Sami. I wonder if they have a backstage bet on if he can get them to break, it wss so funny watching Jey try his best not to.
Solo Sikoa:
On trying to not laugh working with Sami Zayn:

"We do rehearsals and he says, 'We'll do this, this, and that.' Then when we got out there, I was like, 'Man, you didn't do this or that. Why didn't you tell me you were going to do that? You're all up in my face laughing.' He's like, 'Man, I'm gonna make you crack. I'm going to make you laugh one of these days, and he's still trying to. I'm trying my hardest not to. It's difficult."

You gotta watch Jimmy and Paul Heyman's reactions as well. They are all great. Everytime I watch it, you can see Jey is finding it hard not to crack up. :lol:

Love how Roman tried to stay serious then gave up and just went with it and made the whole thing worse for everyone else.

They're bailing WWE out at the moment for me as everything else on either RAW or Smackdown is utter boredom. Maybe if they had any actual storyline or feuds they might be able to think of something to do with Wyatt. I knew they'd do this though. Literally made his e trance the main event of a ppv and now a month later its turned out it was completely fecking pointless

Can someone explain why CM Punk is getting so much heat? Don’t have clue as don’t watch AEW. Cheers.

Can someone explain why CM Punk is getting so much heat? Don’t have clue as don’t watch AEW. Cheers.
Have you ever listened to the guy, ever?

Guy could start an argument in an empty room.

From what I can see he went into a post Match press conference and attacked a couple of wrestlers who have "power" in AEW (Executive vice presidents) because he felt that they were leaking stories to the Dirtsheets about him (That he got Colt Cabana fired etc) that made him look bad and called them unprofessional etc and told them that if they Didnt like it they could go visit his dressing room to talk it over, they did and a fight ensued, all parties were suspended while a third party investigation took place and now the wrestlers he trashed/ thrashed are back on TV while he sits at Home... All the while reports were/ are leaked to the Dirtsheets that make him look bad.

From what I can see he went into a post Match press conference and attacked a couple of wrestlers who have "power" in AEW (Executive vice presidents) because he felt that they were leaking stories to the Dirtsheets about him (That he got Colt Cabana fired etc) that made him look bad and called them unprofessional etc and told them that if they Didnt like it they could go visit his dressing room to talk it over, they did and a fight ensued, all parties were suspended while a third party investigation took place and now the wrestlers he trashed/ thrashed are back on TV while he sits at Home... All the while reports were/ are leaked to the Dirtsheets that make him look bad.
Thanks

Weirdly all the people who have praised cm punk and talked about him being a locker room leader like Hobbs, Darby, Starks, FTR have had their momentum killed or have been hardly used. Weird stuff

Weirdly all the people who have praised cm punk and talked about him being a locker room leader like Hobbs, Darby, Starks, FTR have had their momentum killed or have been hardly used. Weird stuff
You'd wonder how much of it was genuine and how much of it was kissing senior arse.

Sami is so good, before he got involved the bloodline stuff was so repetitive, whereas now it's regularly entertaining.

:lol:

He didn't just "attack a couple of wrestlers who have power" at all. He shit on the entire company, calling the previous champion an "empty headed dumb feck", called his co-workers "children" and said that he was "trying to run a business here" in front of the actual owner. Not to mention instigating the entire thing in the first place by going on an unhinged rant against someone he has a longstanding grievance with who wasn't there to defend himself in the first instance.

Judge for yourself....

TBH, Punks comment about working with children is probably not too far off :lol:

Rhea Ripley is a menace to society...

Shes fantastic. I do like when the wrestlers have fun, as you can see when they enjoy the crowd enjoy.

He didn't just "attack a couple of wrestlers who have power" at all. He shit on the entire company, calling the previous champion an "empty headed dumb feck", called his co-workers "children" and said that he was "trying to run a business here" in front of the actual owner. Not to mention instigating the entire thing in the first place by going on an unhinged rant against someone he has a longstanding grievance with who wasn't there to defend himself in the first instance.

Judge for yourself....

Hey I don't think that Punk is blameless at all (especially in The fight) because i'm sure he's a difficult personality to manage (especially by Someone as obviously weak as Tony Khan) or to have around when he's upset.

Id go as far as to say he deserves most of the blame but the other actors arent blameless IMO.

But the whole press conference didnt start as an attack on Cabana per se (at least in My opinión) , it was an attack on the wrestling dirt sheet writers who have been publishing locker room rumours (leaks) that Punk got Cabana fired ( or moved off AEW TV) , something Page alluded to (The full empty head quote is “What did I ever do in this world to get to deserve an empty-headed, fecking dumb feck like ‘Hangman’ Adam Page to go out on national television and fecking go into business for himself,” Punk asked. “For what? What did I ever do? I didn’t do a goddamn thing!”) in a may 25th promo where Page said, “You talk a big game about worker’s rights, but you’ve shown the exact opposite when you came here.”

Meltzer was taking about Cabanas absence (and basically saying it's because of Punk) since May 27th at least https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/colt-cabana-pulled-from-aew-programming-because-of-cm-punk (2 days after Pages promo) so I don't think its delusional/ unhunged to think that the promo and subsequent leaks were "coordinated" within the dressing room to paint Punk as the reason Cabana was moved.

He definitely goes in on Cabana during the rant but as far as i'm aware thats the first thing he's said about him for the 3 months that those rumours were circulating?

Obviously Punk later goes on TV and called Hangman out as a "reciept" which was also stupid and or/ unprofessional and i'm not defending his actions just saying that it was a retaliation for Pages comments during Pages promo.

Ive got to say as someone who isnt a fan of anyone involved (Punk/ Elite/ Khan/ AEW) it's pretty obvious there was an effort from within the company to blame Punk for Cabanas situation (since at least may 25th) and sour his relationship with the AEW/ Dirtsheet Reader's and while it was handled terribly by Punk it doesnt eliminate the fact he probably has/had legitimate reasons to feel frustrated with the likes of Meltzer and their (pretty obvious if we were being honest) sources if he believes that they are pushing a false agenda against him.

Edited to include that i'm far less interested in the fued than I am in the reporting of it (from Meltzer etc) that basically amounts to "CM Punk BAD, Elite GOOD" and how it's readily accepted as fact within large sections of the wrestling fan base. (Kind of like the Ronaldo transfer saga and watching how some sections of the United fan base Will believe any Pro Ronaldo media thats put out)

Last edited:
Hey I don't think that Punk is blameless at all (especially in The fight) because i'm sure he's a difficult personality to manage (especially by Someone as obviously weak as Tony Khan) or to have around when he's upset.

Id go as far as to say he deserves most of the blame but the other actors arent blameless IMO.

But the whole press conference didnt start as an attack on Cabana per se (at least in My opinión) , it was an attack on the wrestling dirt sheet writers who have been publishing locker room rumours (leaks) that Punk got Cabana fired ( or moved off AEW TV) , something Page alluded to (The full empty head quote is “What did I ever do in this world to get to deserve an empty-headed, fecking dumb feck like ‘Hangman’ Adam Page to go out on national television and fecking go into business for himself,” Punk asked. “For what? What did I ever do? I didn’t do a goddamn thing!”) in a may 25th promo where Page said, “You talk a big game about worker’s rights, but you’ve shown the exact opposite when you came here.”

Meltzer was taking about Cabanas absence (and basically saying it's because of Punk) since May 27th at least https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/colt-cabana-pulled-from-aew-programming-because-of-cm-punk (2 days after Pages promo) so I don't think its delusional/ unhunged to think that the promo and subsequent leaks were "coordinated" within the dressing room to paint Punk as the reason Cabana was moved.

He definitely goes in on Cabana during the rant but as far as i'm aware thats the first thing he's said about him for the 3 months that those rumours were circulating?

Obviously Punk later goes on TV and called Hangman out as a "reciept" which was also stupid and or/ unprofessional and i'm not defending his actions just saying that it was a retaliation for Pages comments during Pages promo.

Ive got to say as someone who isnt a fan of anyone involved (Punk/ Elite/ Khan/ AEW) it's pretty obvious there was an effort from within the company to blame Punk for Cabanas situation (since at least may 25th) and sour his relationship with the AEW/ Dirtsheet Reader's and while it was handled terribly by Punk it doesnt eliminate the fact he probably has/had legitimate reasons to feel frustrated with the likes of Meltzer and their (pretty obvious if we were being honest) sources if he believes that they are pushing a false agenda against him.

Edited to include that i'm far less interested in the fued than I am in the reporting of it (from Meltzer etc) that basically amounts to "CM Punk BAD, Elite GOOD" and how it's readily accepted as fact within large sections of the wrestling fan base. (Kind of like the Ronaldo transfer saga and watching how some sections of the United fan base Will believe any Pro Ronaldo media thats put out)

That's a lot more balanced take but again a lot of the stuff is entirely speculation. We don't know for a fact why Cabana was moved off AEW programming, who was leaking what to who or what happened after the scrum.

Let's assume for arguments sake then that Punk had nothing to do with Cabana being moved off AEW TV and that the Elite were leaking to the dirt sheets saying that he did, sure he'd be right to feel aggrieved but his blow up in the presser (and after) imo is an entirely disproportionate response to that. Firstly, who gives a feck about dirt sheets? Nobody was speaking badly of him at the time, maybe after the Hangman receipt people thought something was odd (and also after that weird blow up to a fan at ringside) but you can't just go into a live press conference and shit all over the company that's bent over backwards to stick the title on you twice. It was also quite obviously a pre-meditated rant with the way he tried to bait the journalist (Nick someone?) into it at the start. For all his talk about "trying to run a business" and "working with children" that's not how you go about it. You get in a room with all the other parties involved and you hash it out, behind the scenes, like a professional.

The notion that people are taking a "CM Punk BAD, Elite GOOD" stance is probably not so much an acceptance that there's only blame entirely on one side but more so of the incredibly immature and egotistical escalation of it.

I don't think anyone is blameless. I'm pretty sure anyone who isn't an idiot can avoid having a massive playground brawl in a locker room. Moat people who can hold down a job are generally capable of not going to work and punching their colleagues in the face. So it's a pretty sad reflection on all involved. One of them is also called "Ace Steel" for no actual reason which is akin to that episode of the Simpsons where Homer changes his name to Max Power.

I do think though that people try too hard to defend Punk. All this about Darby Alan etc. being marginalised for liking punk. Even if it's true, which there is no actual evidence for, they weren't being marginised before Punk appeared and created all this unrest.

And even before all this i found it amusing that Punk gave the big speech about wanting to work with younger guys in AEW and put people over, then just immediately squashed over every single one of them in working his way to being champion and effectively making it harder for any of them to actually progress anywhere. He's a big name and bery goid wrestler at the end of the day so that's just how it works, but he talks an awful lot of complete shite.

And again, regardless of if you're legitimately pissed off or being wronged, you can't go into a press conference and literally slag off your employer and everyone you work for to the entire media, and expect to not be painted as the bad guy. The Ronaldo comparison for example. This would be like Ronaldo walking into the press room after a game and telling the media Man Utd are a bunch of clowns, all his team mates are children etc. Launching a tirade against several other first team players and challenging them to come confront him. No one would be defending him because it would be so ridiculous for him to be stupid enough to do it.

a lot of the stuff is entirely speculation

I agree that nearly the whole saga is filled with mountains of speculation (on both sides) but there seems to be (from my persepective at least) a willingness to believe anything negative (speculative or not) that is written about Punk in the AEW/Online wrestling fanbase.

I dont watch any wrestling at all so rely on mediums such as Reddit and Online Forums to keep me up to date on the various happenings.

Let's assume for arguments sake then that Punk had nothing to do with Cabana being moved off AEW TV and that the Elite were leaking to the dirt sheets saying that he did

Well Tony Khan says he didnt.

During a recent interview with Forbes, Tony Khan said that Punk's history with Cabana did not factor into Cabana being moved to ROH.
“There is certainly a perception out there that I don’t think is accurate that when I purchased Ring of Honor and also [as] some of the contracts were coming up and I was starting to make moves—whether it was renewing them in most cases or not renewing them or in some cases reassigning people—there was a misconception that was perpetuated unfairly that CM Punk had anything to do with me wanting to move Colt Cabana to the Ring of Honor roster when his contract came up,” Khan said.
“I will clarify that, just to take it head on, that he [Punk] had nothing to do with any of the contracts I picked up, whether I did or didn’t. But in particular, I did pick up Colt Cabana’s contract and gave him a similar contract to do different work,” said Khan. “I don’t know if it was fair that that got perpetuated...I also didn’t think that was fair to Punk.”

So I can only assume hes telling the truth about it.

As far as the leaks to the Dirtsheets I think its pretty obvious that the Elite regulary talk to Meltzer but Ill agree that its just specualtion on my part (I also think that Meltzers reporting on the backstage fight is further proof of the link between them.)

Firstly, who gives a feck about dirt sheets?

The online wrestling fan base (at least the ones I follow to keep me up to date on wrestling matters) seem to care A LOT. The recent flipflopping after the dog story came out (then later refuted by Meltzer) was evidence of their influence IMO.

you can't just go into a live press conference and shit all over the company that's bent over backwards to stick the title on you twice. It was also quite obviously a pre-meditated rant with the way he tried to bait the journalist (Nick someone?) into it at the start.

Agreed.

I think he could have handled it much better but as far as I can tell Punk has always been a bit of a whiny bitch so I wasnt shocked or surprised by him whining or bitching (Im not a Punk fan).

You get in a room with all the other parties involved and you hash it out, behind the scenes, like a professional.

Agree with you here too but Id also add that I think its unprofessional to leak stories to Meltzer etc so its just varying levels of unprofessionalism being displayed from all parties (but only really one persons professionalism being called into question).

Which is why I agree with this;

Tony khan deserves the biggest blame tbh

The Ronaldo comparison for example.

Its not really a like for like comparison admittedly because Football doesnt have that kind of work/shoot hyper aggresive violent atmosphere, it's just that Ronaldo fans will/can/have justify his bad behaviour because they are fans of the player (especially the online ones who float with him from club to club).

He just walked refused to come on as a sub and left the stadium and you wouldnt have to look far to see people (Pundits / Fans) explaining away his behaviour.

Last edited:
I do think though that people try too hard to defend Punk. All this about Darby Alan etc. being marginalised for liking punk. Even if it's true, which there is no actual evidence for, they weren't being marginised before Punk appeared and created all this unrest.
Nobody here is used this to defend punk?

I did mention the coincidence however that the ones who have said great things about punk and his leadership have had their momentum quashed

Also who has punk squashed in terms of younger guys? Darby was in a better position after losing to punk

Team taz defo were much more popular after their stuff with punk. Mjf benefited more from his feud with punk compared to his feud with Jericho.
Who else?

One of them is also called "Ace Steel" for no actual reason which is akin to that episode of the Simpsons where Homer changes his name to Max Power.

This would be like Ronaldo walking into the press room after a game and telling the media Man Utd are a bunch of clowns, all his team mates are children etc. Launching a tirade against several other first team players and challenging them to come confront him. No one would be defending him because it would be so ridiculous for him to be stupid enough to do it.

Even better analogy is it was like when Roy Keane did it and looked what happened to him.

Also I think you have to consider the people involved here and the history of them which is another reason it might come across a certain way. The Elite and Hangman seem generally well liked amongst their peers and Punk is clearly someone who's burnt a lot of bridges and lost a lot of friends over the years for grievances even more petty than this.

Nobody here is used this to defend punk?

I did mention the coincidence however that the ones who have said great things about punk and his leadership have had their momentum quashed

Also who has punk squashed in terms of younger guys? Darby was in a better position after losing to punk

Team taz defo were much more popular after their stuff with punk. Mjf benefited more from his feud with punk compared to his feud with Jericho.
Who else?

So you literally did use this argument, then. What evidence is there for this other than wanting to believe there's some ridiculous plotting or conspiracy afoot?

Darby wasn't in a better place after losing to punk. He's barely been relevant since, and MJF was already the most over heel in wrestling before doing anything with Punk. Team taz isn't even a thing anymore. Other than Punk himself and maybe Kingston, who has benefited from being in a fued or match with CM Punk?

Don't get me wrong I have no real issue with Punk being the big star since, well, he is, and some of his work with Kingston and MJF in particular was the most entertaining thing in wrestling at the time, but he's not the champion of the little guy like he claims he is. He has a pattern of becoming toxic and falling out with his employer over his own self centred ego. It's baffling to me why people waste time making excuses for it. Of you had a work colleague behaving like Punk either he would have to go or you would just to not have to deal with him.

So you literally did use this argument, then. What evidence is there for this other than wanting to believe there's some ridiculous plotting or conspiracy afoot?

Darby wasn't in a better place after losing to punk. He's barely been relevant since, and MJF was already the most over heel in wrestling before doing anything with Punk. Team taz isn't even a thing anymore. Other than Punk himself and maybe Kingston, who has benefited from being in a fued or match with CM Punk?

Don't get me wrong I have no real issue with Punk being the big star since, well, he is, and some of his work with Kingston and MJF in particular was the most entertaining thing in wrestling at the time, but he's not the champion of the little guy like he claims he is. He has a pattern of becoming toxic and falling out with his employer over his own self centred ego. It's baffling to me why people waste time making excuses for it. Of you had a work colleague behaving like Punk either he would have to go or you would just to not have to deal with him.

No, i just pointed out its weird. How is that an argument to defend Punk? Im not defending either side as I dont have any information as to what happened.
Its not that hard to understand. Making an observation is just that... an observation.

Darby, Team Taz and MJF were defo in better places directly after their feuds with Punk. Just because Team Taz isnt anymore (much later) doesnt mean that Hobbs and Starks didnt benefit from working with Punk.
MJF became more legit having two wins over Punk in Chicago and despite losing the third (thanks to Wardlow).
To argue that is nuts. You even said this:

just immediately squashed over every single one of them in working his way to being champion and effectively making it harder for any of them to actually progress anywhere

Im not here to defend Punk. But the above statement is actually crazy

Im not here to defend Punk. But the above statement is actually crazy

Yeah that has to be from someone who wasn't paying any attention to Punk's run, he made almost everyone he went against look great, the only squash was Shawn Spears, and that was only so Wardlow looked even better in comparison.