Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

AEW have an attendance problem. I can’t see what they can to to address it since going in cold to other markets isn’t the brightest idea in itself

:lol: You don't think a show in the UK will sell out?
All shows in uk would sell out, they’re starved of top quality wrestling.
It’s more week to week. They’re going into arenas that’s already set up at half capacity and are struggling to sell half of the revised capacity. Every week enormous stands are tarped off. It looks really bad. That was a huge advantage they had v NXT back in the day. The shitty full sail v these sold out arenas that looked great on the other side so it’s not a non factor for them.

All shows in uk would sell out, they’re starved of top quality wrestling.
It’s more week to week. They’re going into arenas that’s already set up at half capacity and are struggling to sell half of the revised capacity. Every week enormous stands are tarped off. It looks really bad. That was a huge advantage they had v NXT back in the day. The shitty full sail v these sold out arenas that looked great on the other side so it’s not a non factor for them.

So what was the comment about going cold into other markets about? The UK certainly isn't a cold market since it's been on terrestrial TV here since it launched. It's a no brainer.

If arena shows aren't selling out then maybe they should consider branching out further in the States, particularly the west coast who seem to be crying out for a show or two. It's not rocket science. If you keep booking shows in the same 2/3 places every week then you're eventually going to burn out your audience.

So what was the comment about going cold into other markets about? The UK certainly isn't a cold market since it's been on terrestrial TV here since it launched. It's a no brainer.

If arena shows aren't selling out then maybe they should consider branching out further in the States, particularly the west coast who seem to be crying out for a show or two. It's not rocket science. If you keep booking shows in the same 2/3 places every week then you're eventually going to burn out your audience.
You can’t go in cold with shows in wrestling markets. There’s exceptions but that’s the purpose of house shows. To keep a buzz, a base for when the tv shows come back around.
it’s like Colorado, they went there early 2020 and literally couldn’t give tickets away. That scared them so much that they’re only going back at the end of this year. Keep an eye out for that because if that flops they’re never going back.
Tony isn’t touring the same towns for fun. If the cost prohibits them from going further afield in the States then how does he make UK shows pay? It’s ok saying go here and there but it’s never that simple. That’s reportedly the entire reason Jarrett has been hired, to solve that problem

The UK shows will pay for sure. Even more-so if they can agree a WWE-like deal. Cardiff paid WWE to host a PPV :lol:

They arent WWE obviously, but having the highest ratings for a wrestling show in the uk and being something on itv will be a good argument

The obvious answer to any tickets slump is to get more stars. Its not that big of a surprise it happens when your stars are injured or unavailable. The Bucks and Kenny will be coming back and that'll create loads of buzz

MJF is acting in a movie about the Von Erichs, but honestly he should already be doing blockbusters. His promos and delivery are off the charts. Especially this week's one, for those of us who would prefer that he isnt shouting as much. He didnt. He was just 100% exceptional delivery
I know you're a fan but come on :lol:

I'll definitely be going when they come to the UK, it'll be a lot of fun.

As for the attendance issue, it seems pretty clear that they're exhausting the same areas by going to them repeatedly. There are tons of arenas across the US they could sell out by visiting some new places, and that help desaturate the markets they've done to death.

AEW should run Wembley. Khan says they are the number 1 promotion in the UK.

Back it up.
It sell out, I'm confident of that, but considering they own craven cottage i think there's a strong chance they just go there. Depends on how much it costs to use Wembley I guess.

No one mentioned Theory cashed in for the US Championship (first time cash in for not the main title so didnt even know it could be done) and still lost.

Just another car crash Raw episode imo. Is Seth meant to be a face now? Is Lashley a heel? Why? Because Lesnar came out and beat him up for no reason and cost him a title? Why would anyone cash motb in on the US title? Managed to completely bury Ali in the midst of it as well after spending the last few weeks building him up. The whole segment made no fecking sense at all....and yet that was actually the most entertaining part of Raw. The rest yet again you could miss completely and not be any worse off.

HHH needs to get some people in who can put together some coherent and actually interesting storytelling. They've got 5 hours of TV time to play with a week I'm sure they can do a lot better than this.

Catching up on all things wrestling.
The saudi crowd was actually quite good. They were into things which made it a good show.
The main event was brilliant fun. Logan catches on quickly. He doesnt need to do much more because what he does has people invested in matches.
roman is just awesome though. Everything about him just screams superstar.

Rampage was nuts but a waste of time. Orange facing shibata was basically announced and then done. I know they tried to put a video package, but for somebody who cant get clearance from NJPW and basically his whole story, to just throw it away on Rampage like that is nuts by AEW. Anyway, its what they do I guess. Or they probably dont believe anybody would be invested to actually watch. so just did it as they could.

Theory cashing in on the US title. And then losing is a big wtf moment. I wanna think they will probably say something stupid but he actively cashed in. After Rollins did a US title open challenge. Hes basically just been losing (and you cant count one win over shelton) Hes a young 25 year old who has potential. Surely you wanna protect him a bit as its not like he sucks. Hes shown he can have good matches and hes not a bad talker. Dont understand why they make young guys look like total idiots.

The promo between Usos and New Day was great. Ruined by riddle coming out.
The promo between asuka and iyo sky was hilarious but awesome.

Aew is weird. They have Starks promo on Rampage where nobody will have seen it. Instead of him getting time on Dynamite we have Jeff Jarrett again. Ugh. Beating him in 2022 is not a big thing. Heck it wasnt a big thing beating him in 2002 or 1992.

Im glad they are coming to the UK. Craven Cottage makes sense unless somebody pays AEW to host it.

Just another car crash Raw episode imo. Is Seth meant to be a face now? Is Lashley a heel? Why? Because Lesnar came out and beat him up for no reason and cost him a title?

TBH he has a right to be turning on the crowd. They cheered Brock beating his ass. And then cheered when he lost the title.
Wondering if they will eventually put the hurt business back together.

It sell out, I'm confident of that, but considering they own craven cottage i think there's a strong chance they just go there. Depends on how much it costs to use Wembley I guess.

Absolutely no chance they sell out Wembley.

For boxing events it holds like 95,000.

Absolutely no chance they sell out Wembley.

For boxing events it holds like 95,000.
You don't think theyd have 95 000 fans across the UK let alone Europe who'd travel to Wembley for the show?

You don't think theyd have 95 000 fans across the UK let alone Europe who'd travel to Wembley for the show?
Id be intrigued regarding this. I think wwe defo would

Aew is an interesting one especially across Europe. I think ticket prices would also be interesting. WWE jacked it up for clash at the castle and it being the first in UK for 20 years meant interest was there.

Aew is an interesting one especially across Europe. I think ticket prices would also be interesting. WWE jacked it up for clash at the castle and it being the first in UK for 20 years meant interest was there.
Apparently clash at the castle didn't sell out, id put that down to outrageous ticket prices for what was thought to be a glorified house show.

If the AEWs ppv is marketed right and has decent prices, Id be shocked if it doesn't sell out.

Apparently clash at the castle didn't sell out, id put that down to outrageous ticket prices for what was thought to be a glorified house show.

If the AEWs ppv is marketed right and has decent prices, Id be shocked if it doesn't sell out.
1 in 2 AEW fans in UK aren’t going to one show!

Yeah there were defo tix available on the day but not a lot. Few scattered seats near where I sat.

Prices defo had an affect.

I'm guessing aew would be a dynamite? Hope it's not a house show. Ppv would be great

It'd be second to only WrestleMania 32 in terms of attendance within USA/Europe. Beyond delusional to think they'd come close to 95k.

It'll be a big themed Dynamite, like Grand Slam, maybe they'll call it World Cup or Champions League or something football related.

Hmm. WWE could potentially do it but it'd need to be a WrestleMania style card, but even then I'm not sure.

I'm intrigued by this potential Samoa Joe vs Wardlow feud on AEW. Might bring some colour to a show that's becoming increasingly hard to care about lately.

I think the biggest annoyance is their recent use (or not) of Starks, Wardlow, Jungle Boy, Page, Hobbs (though at least he got a minute at the end this week and is going for a title it seems). All of them were red hot at one point and it seems like theyve done nothing with it. Even Sammy too (hes back where he started three years ago).

This is the most annoying thing about it. Use the momentum and make them get over huge and you'll have someone in every segment that lights up the show. It's just baffling what they do.

Really enjoyed Dynamite. Love seeing the fire in Samoa Joe. He's much better on the mic as a heel. Joe vs Wardlow vs Hobbs should be a fun big man match.

I like the look of the Full Gear card. I'd really like to see Hayter get the title. It feels the right time before she will cool off.

20% more than SummerSlam 1992 (80,000ish) which seems like a bit of a stretch.
I'd argue wrestling fandom is a lot more hardcore nowadays with the demos of the population who have disposable income and a willingness to travel. I'm not sure I would go down to Wembley, but I'd be in for anything in the North West, the Midlands or a couple of hours drive.

They'd sell out any arenas in the country, probably for multiple dates, but Wembley could be a slight stretch. They definitely could sell out smaller stadiums. Somewhere like the Old Trafford cricket ground could be a lot of fun.

I've uploaded the awesome ladder match between Cody Rhodes and Samy Guevara from Beach Break at the start of the year for those who've never seen it. I suspect it will be less than 24 hours before it's copyright striked into oblivion so get your fill while you can lads.

Really enjoyed Dynamite. Love seeing the fire in Samoa Joe. He's much better on the mic as a heel. Joe vs Wardlow vs Hobbs should be a fun big man match.

I like the look of the Full Gear card. I'd really like to see Hayter get the title. It feels the right time before she will cool off.

Same. Got to be honest though the full gear card isn't doing much for me outside the main event and the womens title. I've already grabbed it for free with my Fite TV credits but not sure I'd have bothered if I didn't need to use them up.

Same. Got to be honest though the full gear card isn't doing much for me outside the main event and the womens title. I've already grabbed it for free with my Fite TV credits but not sure I'd have bothered if I didn't need to use them up.
I missed pre-ordering when I would have still got 4 back. Oh well.

I had to laugh when there were mic problems on Smackdown. My local indie had the same thing happen in their last show and people were heckling from the crowd. Turns out multi billion dollar companies cant figure it out either

In what world are AEW selling 80k plus tickets? absolutely no chance and my mind is blown that people think they will.

I recently went to clash at the castle which had a pretty big build and was a genuine WWE ppv and they didn’t even fill Cardiff

What Wembley Stadium? AEW would do well to sell half of that out there’s no chance they’re selling upwards of 70k tickets

I went to the WWE ppv at Cardiff which had a massive build and even that wasn’t sold out

in what world are AEW selling 80k plus tickets?
Massive build? The prices for tickets didn't correspond to the type of PPV it was so they didn't sell out. Obviously if it's a dynamite they're not going to sell out a Wembley, but a full fledged PPV that actually matters, I reckon could sell out for the simple reason youd have people across Europe travelling for it.

Massive build? The prices for tickets didn't correspond to the type of PPV it was so they didn't sell out. Obviously if it's a dynamite they're not going to sell out a Wembley, but a full fledged PPV that actually matters, I reckon could sell out for the simple reason youd have people across Europe travelling for it.
Honestly feel like your over estimating the appeal of AEW in Europe. WWE didn’t even sell out their Welsh show and it didn’t seem like there was any sort of even split between British and European judging by the crowd

Honestly feel like your over estimating the appeal of AEW in Europe. WWE didn’t even sell out their Welsh show and it didn’t seem like there was any sort of even split between British and European judging by the crowd
Because it was C grade PPV with extortionate prices during a cost of living crisis. The PPV ended up being lots of fun but the price was too high for a ppv where nothing really was going to happen. Still sold 62 000 tickets mind.

Aew wouldn't sell out based on name for wembley
Without a big name like punk they defo wouldn't imo. They would have needed a big time match too as the main event

I have no clue how big aew is in Europe