Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Sadly a much better looking guy than you has come along, with a much bigger cock. Doesn't stop you from waiting to see what the girl has to say, that slim 1% chance she might get her left and rights muddled and choose you... but inevitably you get rejected. "there's plenty more fish in the sea" :(

And from that point on, everything just went downhill... you would sometimes wonder, in a cold lonely night, what if it had happened... :(

Let's say we don't get Thiago what REALISTIC signing would you guys like to see.

THE TRANSFER WINDOW ISN'T feckING OVER.

Just because a significant amount of fans have identified Thiago as the greatest midfielder of all time doesn't mean there aren't other targets.

If we hit September without any further additions, it's fair to say we should question what is going on, but 11 days into the window with Guardiola coming out and talking about a player who's arse he wiped through the Barcelona system, it's barely a blow.
That's not the point i was making.

People are annoyed that we seem to be genuinely interested in midfielders and then miss out. The transfer window still being open doesn't change that fact.

And the fact is that there are barely any more targets who are at the quality of Thiago. So who else do we go for if we miss out? That's what's making everyone anxious, that if we miss out there doesn't appear to be many more options, especially at the price we coulda got him for.

Let's say we don't get Thiago what REALISTIC signing would you guys like to see.

What realistic signing is there for our midfield? McCarthy from Wigan, Barkley or Fellaini from Everton... who else. (Not saying I want any of these players, but this seems to be the standard of what is realistic for our midfield).

Even if he does decide to go there, how on earth is he going to get regular first team games? With Schwein, Javi Martinez, Kroos, Gustavo and with Gotze signing, it wouldn't make much sense moving from Barcelona to get regular football at Bayern - as it is most likely not going to happen anyway. Foolish.

Easy. They are going to play 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3 this season. Which means they have Martinez and Luiz Gustavo for the DM spot, Schweinsteiger and Kroos are the only quality options for the two CM spots ahead of Martinez.

Bayern is a team that aims to have enough squad depth to be able to rotate without any quality loss so adding a 3rd quality CM to the team is a good move imo. It also might happen that Martinez will be moved back in the a CB position and Schweinsteiger plays the DM. I have said this before but if Pep plays with 3 in the center of the midfield adding another CM of Thiago's quality makes absolute sense.

I really really doubt that.

Hope you're right because that would be really really annoying!

I thinks its pretty safe to say that Pep & Thiago would have known each others views of any possible transfer to Bayern, due to Thiago's agent being Peps brother etc..

Ah sure, lets just wait & see how this all pans out in the end - shit happens & there's been no official confirmation of any deal or that any discussions have even taken place with Thiago & Bayern!

De Rossi, pretty much confirmed he's available (after Roma's calamity antics yesterday). Can easily get another 3/4 seasons out of him and then we can free up Carrick's defensive duties!

Has he decided to join Bayern? Would he be guaranteed the playing time he wants there, with their midfield? :/

I posted the lineup a few pages back, but a 4-3-3 with Martinez in defence, a midfield 3 of Kroos, Schweinsteiger and Thiago looks likely.

I've always been keen on Cabaye, he's a decent prospect and would add a little bit of flair to our midfield at least. Think he's a bit over valued at £25m though.

I would like him also, I think he is somewhat underrated he would be a step up from Cleverley and would be able to contribute immediately. But like you said 25million is too much for him.

There's a real gap in the market for yet another corporate sponsor: Official Manchester United Mourning Wear.

United should have an all black kit. After Sneijder, Hazard, Lucas and mostly Thiago I think we'll need one. Many muppets won't survive.

If the rumours of Thiago wanting the same clause in his contract wherever he ends up, then surely that would conflict with what Rummenigge said earlier this year:

[Reporter]: Ribery has a contract with Bayern until 2015. No exit clause.
Properly. Because when you give players the opportunity to solve with clauses in the contract, then you may not complain at the end of the day that it happened. In Bavaria, therefore, no player has a release clause in the contract..

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/k...-beste-team-der-welt-haben-30218236.bild.html

If we miss out on him it'll be a real shame, because I must admit I was excited at the prospect of signing him. That's not to say I expected us to, but the thought of him in a United shirt was an enticing one.

But if he moves to Bayern I'll be totally bewildered. I mean, he's already at one of the greatest clubs in the entire world. His only reason for wanting to leave is because he wants more playing time -- hence we actually stood a chance at signing him, because we could offer that -- but Bayern are even more well-stacked with quality midfielders than Barcelona are. If he goes to Germany his situation will get worse. He'll get even less playing time. If he's after minutes on the pitch and it's between Bayern or Barca then he might as well just stay put where he is!

Try a bid of 15m rising to 22m for appearances/wins for Cabaye. He's a decent player and would help cover for Carrick.
As for ThiagNo, I fear it's time to move on.

I predict a new era in football. Pep replaces Taka-Tuka with his ingenius 1-0-10-0

Tor: ---------Neuer-------
Abwehr: -------------------
Mittelfeld: RobbenKroosRiberySchweinsteigerMartinezGustavoShaq iriRiberyAlcantaraGötze
Sturm: ------------------

De Rossi, pretty much confirmed he's available (after Roma's calamity antics yesterday). Can easily get another 3 seasons out of him and then we can free up Carrick's defensive duties!

Do you think Carrick can play a more attacking role at the highest level? (Yaya, Vidal, Schweinsteiger and Gundogan) I would prefer a player who is more dynamic than Carrick is.

Okay, my meltdown is over.

Logically speaking, does this change anything. Pep says he is interested - we already knew this.

Hopefully this will give our top brass the nudge they need.

I don't know if you're on a WUM, but your posts are really, really stupid with all due respect. This is the 3rd time(Moyes and Baines being the others) you've admitted you didn't really have a clue on a subject, then go on to make nonsense and baseless claims :wenger:

What nonsense claims have I made this time?

If we were never in for him then its our fault.

If we've been in for him and we lose out there has to be some fault on our end.

None of us know anything so most posts are made are mostly speculation and opinions. Sorry that bothers you on a message board

Strootman, Kongodbia, McCarthy, Leverkusen's Bender. They won't be big upgrades (or possibly they won't be upgrades at all) but they could be reliable option that can give us an extra body in midfield that isn't injured all the time, isn't 40 years old winger and isn't called Phil Jones.

Thiago was the only big available upgrade but with Pep in the business, it is not going to happen. I doubt that Juve are going to sell Vidal regardless the price and Dortmund showed that they rather lose 20m than to lose one of their best players this summer (Lewa) so I don't think that there is any chance at all that they'll sell Gundogan even if we offer them 40m. I think that we will continue to suffer on midfield, but at-least I hope that we'll sign one or two midfielders that while they won't drastically improve out team, they will at least be competent and offer another reliable option.

Do you think Carrick can play a more attacking role at the highest level? (Yaya, Vidal, Schweinsteiger and Gundogan) I would prefer a player who is more dynamic than Carrick is.

No, I understand what you're saying but I'd prefer to have Carrick as more of a deep creative player, De Rossi the battler next to him and Kagz just in front of the pair... that's in an ideal world, but then we're messing with the front 3!

Told you guys. Pep can never have enough midfielders. He loves filling up his team with them.

He plays them as defenders, he plays them as strikers, he plays them anywhere.

You're blaming him despite not having the slightest clue on why he chose Bayern? Have a word with yourself

So you know everything for a fact and that is the only way you post. Good to know

What realistic signing is there for our midfield? McCarthy from Wigan, Barkley or Fellaini from Everton... who else. (Not saying I want any of these players, but this seems to be the standard of what is realistic for our midfield).
Considering you aren't one of the many scouts employed by the club, it's safe to assume there will certainly be more options out there if Moyes and his team have identified central midfield as an major issue.

If they haven't, well that'll deserve an entirely new thread with a lot of disgruntled tards wanting to behead Moyes.

In the entire world, I'm fairly confident there are more than 3 realistic options.

Strootman, Kongodbia, McCarthy, Leverkusen's Bender. They won't be big upgrades (or possibly they won't be upgrades at all) but they could be reliable option that can give us an extra body in midfield that isn't injured all the time, isn't 40 years old winger and isn't called Phil Jones.

Bender would be a pretty big upgrade IMO. He's a great defensive midfielder, and very young.

Okay, my meltdown is over.

Logically speaking, does this change anything. Pep says he is interested - we already knew this.

Hopefully this will give our top brass the nudge they need.

No that doesn't change anything.

He apparently already told the Bayern board that he wants Thiago 3 weeks ago so it's save to say that they are also negitiating with him for a few weeks now, just like we do but so far Thiago has made no decision if he goes to Bayern, United or stays at Barca.

Nothing is decided yet or else there would be some official statement out.

But of course it's the usual doom and gloom going around here once we know that another big club is in for a player we want.

No that doesn't change anything.

He apparently already told the Bayern board that he wants Thiago 3 weeks ago so it's save to say that they are also negitiating with him for a few weeks now, just like we do but so far Thiago has made no decision if he goes to Bayern, United or stays at Barca.

Nothing is decided yet or else there would be some official statement out.

But of course it's the usual doom and gloom going around here once we know that another big club is in for a player we want.

With good reason.

Considering you aren't one of the many scouts employed by the club, it's safe to assume there will certainly be more options out there if Moyes and his team have identified central midfield as an major issue.

If they haven't, well that'll deserve an entirely new thread with a lot of disgruntled tards wanting to behead Moyes.

In the entire world, I'm fairly confident there are more than 3 realistic options.

It was meant as a sarcastic comment given that we can't sign any good foreign midfielder, so we have to look in the smaller teams in the premier league (or championship now).

We ought to go back to some of the old formations and bypass the midfield. Shankley used to line up like 3-2-5 in the 50s according to some scouse autobiographer.

Personally I don't think Guardiola would have been so candid if he didn't know he had an agreement with the player. That looked to me like a little nudge to the club to get it sorted. Obviously that's all conjecture, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.