Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lure of Pep is a key factor simply because Thiago knows Pep well. Similar to Isco almost joining City pretty much solely because he likes Pellegrini. Of course he made the sensible decision in the end.

Im gonna get slated for this .... but the lure of Guardiola beats Moyes, especially since Thiago already knows him.

Its a fair comment. Players and managers do tend to follow each other quite frequently.

It's all based on this one report. Even other articles are putting the claim in quotation marks.

"It is being reported that.."

"A German radio station reports..."

"Rumours suggest..."

Neuer
Lahm Badstuber Dante Alaba
Martinez
Götze Thiago Schweinsteiger Ribery
Muller

Turning into

Neuer
Badstuber Martinez Dante
Lahm Schweinsteiger Thiago Alaba
Götze Muller Ribery

Wow.

Mats Hummels could play as #6/deep playmaker in most teams of this planet, yet no one considers his talent is wasted as CB. Martinez could play a similar role.

Wasn't Martinez's priority before the move to play in central midfield? I thought he was averse to playing regularly in the center back position.

Basically Thiago has taken lessons from Hazard .... and will announce his decision to desperate salivating football fans in his own goos time on hos twatter feed. Arg! Sometimes I hate football transfer muppetry!

Two wide mids push forward to attack, two fullbacks push forward to mid, and the DM drops in between the two CB's. Or, the two fullbacks overlap the wide midfielders like Evra and Rafael often do for us.

Ah, cheers man. So that means in the starting 4141, Martinez isn't even in the back 4, he's the 1. So unless Pep's dropping Robben and Ribery, or not playing a proper striker, then he would have two spots into which to fit Schweinsteiger, Muller, Gotze, Kroos and Thiago, not to mention players who are supposed to be getting bench time like Shaqiri and Gustavo. Plus what happens to the club's commitment to building and relying on a core of German youth?

If this Bayern thing does happen, unlikely as I think it is, I'll console myself with the schadenfreude of what a terrible idea it is both for club and player.

This is because we are always too slow at closing deals. Weak as piss negotiators couldn't close a door.

I'd say Martinez will stay central midfield, it's far more likely Gustavo will be dropped.

Gustavo isn't a first team starter. He's behind Martinez and Schweinsteiger. So he can't be dropped to make room for Thiago, although I'm sure he'd love being pushed right off the bench by him.

Why do we think it's his 'decision' to make. People keep quoting this as if it's indisputable fact. We don't know whether he's made his decision or not. He could have decided to join Bayern or United weeks ago but has been waiting for terms to be agreed and arrangements made between the two clubs.

This constant repetition of "He needs to make his decision" is ludicrous.

Yeah they've got him. Pep won't name him in his presser if he wasn't sure of getting him.

Basically Thiago has taken lessons from Hazard .... and will announce his decision to desperate salivating football fans in his own goos time on hos twatter feed. Arg! Sometimes I hate football transfer muppetry!

He's not doing anything of the sort. Hazard kept dropping little hints. Thiago is just staying quiet during whatever sort of negotiations are happening, which is the professional thing to do.

Mats Hummels could play as #6/deep playmaker in most teams of this planet, yet no one considers his talent is wasted as CB. Martinez could play a similar role.

I consider Hummels a better defender than a midfielder, and vice versa for Martinez.

Whats the problem - This is a muppet thread!

And you shoudd wear new glasses as your eyes look troubled ;)

I know it's a muppet thread, I'm game for that, but when people go off their rocker because one random Spanish journo claims to be a Barca ITK and then everyone instantly believes everything he said - that's when it's bordering on ridiculous!

My eyes are feeling a little troubled, I think it's all over the rolling they're doing :lol:

Oh dear. Another big blow for United and The Premier League. We are losing ground on the rest of Europe. Oh well..............................viva Fellani! If only Moyes had not spent the 3 weeks tossing it off on a Saga holiday in the Isle of Wight things might have been OK.

He is a Barcelona reject, who wanted him anyway?
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.