Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoke CityH 4–2
West Ham United H 1–0
West Ham United A 2–2
Stoke CityA 2–0

Yep. Don't want that.

Alrite, sammy smart pants, who can look up scores from last season, big fecking deal!

West ham and stoke and physical teams of that ilk have out muscled us loads of times, ffs 2-2 against West Ham...have you seen their fecking team? its shite!
We've been missing a hard man midfielder for a good couple of years now and I'm not the only one that thinks so.

Yeah, I'd rather have a Thiago or a Vidal...but if it meant going into next season with the current midfield, I'd take Big Hair in a heartbeat.

i read somewhere the writers twist some words of Del Bosque so don't read too much of it. Same 'o story of newspaper bollocks.

Or....someone who doesn't get brushed off the ball too easily when we're playing stoke, west ham etc.

I'm really concerned about our performances against West Ham and Stoke... For United to improve, we need to worry about beating good teams. Not physical teams that play shite football. I'm more interested in competing with Barcelona, Bayern, etc. Fellaini doesn't instill confidence when facing a decent team.

I'm really concerned about our performances against West Ham and Stoke... For United to improve, we need to worry about beating good teams. Not physical teams that play shite football. I'm more interested in competing with Barcelona, Bayern, etc. Fellaini doesn't instill confidence when facing a decent team.

I reckon a big guy like him would have been more use against barcelona than the lads that got shit all over, twice, tbf. At least he might have got a tackle or two in.

Spanish media are having a mare, also if Bayern were close to a deal then it's strange that no German media have picked on it.

He has to be a massive clown if he chose Bayern over us, which absolutely contradicts the reason he's moving to get regular first team football elsewhere. In fact, i hope he goes to Bayern now, gets to play only twice a month and regrets his decision as he mopes in Munich

Disappointing if he goes to Munich, the list of quality midfielders that are available, is shrinking by the day.

Alrite, sammy smart pants, who can look up scores from last season, big fecking deal!

West ham and stoke and physical teams of that ilk have out muscled us loads of times, ffs 2-2 against West Ham...have you seen their fecking team? its shite!
We've been missing a hard man midfielder for a good couple of years now and I'm not the only one that thinks so.

Yeah, I'd rather have a Thiago or a Vidal...but if it meant going into next season with the current midfield, I'd take Big Hair in a heartbeat.

Don't get your panties in a twist, little girl.

"2-2 against west ham ffs?". Maybe you need a perspective on how a league system is. We've lost to worse teams with a better squad in previous years. Your argumentof being outmusceled looks valid when you spout it without anything to back it up with. Show me other times when we’ve not achieved results on a consistent basis due to being ‘outmuscled.’ Furthermore, show me evidence that having a ‘hard hitter’ may solve that. Its so freakin ridiculous, that after a long long time of not playing a ‘destroyer’ and winning things, people need to even point this out.

The problem with retards like you is that you’ll have some mythical concept of how United of yesteryears played and think that it was all hunky dory every season with hard hitting midfielder and all that. But frankly, even when Keane was there, we never had a destroyer in our midfield nor did we ‘dominate’ a lot of the games.

I'll agree with anyone who says we could do with a quality midfielder. But to use this big bad teams push us off the ball argument is ridiculous and naive.

Spanish media are having a mare, also if Bayern were close to a deal then it's strange that no German media have picked on it.

Probably because Bayern getting some chap from the Barca Academy doesn't sell papers? The Alcántara thread on a Bayern forum would be about five pages long max. and most of that would be "where the feck is he going to play?".

I reckon a big guy like him would have been more use against barcelona than the lads that got shit all over, twice, tbf. At least he might have got a tackle or two in.

It'd be embarrassing watching him throw his elbows around in our midfield against Barcelona, with CL referees who are far less lenient than those in the PL.

I don't think it'll come to that anyway. I reckon Moyes will have other options but I'm still hopeful for Thiago.

Martinez, Bastian, Gustavo and Kroos can play too as a CM no ? That move to Bayern would only be about money as far as I'm concerned and surely not about playing time and it would decrease his chances of making it to the WC.

Martinez, Bastian, Gustavo and Kroos can play too as a CM no ? That move to Bayern would only be about money as far as I'm concerned and surely not about playing time and it would decrease his chances of making it to the WC.

I'm not sure it's money because I can't see them offering more than us.

The Bayern thing is baffling though. When the link with us was announced, the comments under the articles in theSpanish press, from the Barça fans was more irritated at Tito and the board for not realising about the clause and not playing him enough, but there seemed to be an acceptance that he would realistically get more game time in our midfield (even if they didn't want to see him leave). Now with the Bayern link the comments all imply he's stupid if he thinks he will get more minutes there and that there is no point leaving Barcelona for Bayern because he will face the same situation that he's in now, spending more time on the bench.

I agree. I can't see Mazinho seriously thinking Thiago is going to be a nailed on starter week in week out for Bayern given all their riches in midfield already. He could be a really, really important part of our team here, or just one of several options at Bayern.

Last season didn't Fergie come home early from the tour to deal with the RvP transfer? Moyes may need to do the same here.

I'm not sure it's money because I can't see them offering more than us.

I'm just trying to understand the situation within the limitations of our knowledge of the situation. From every aspect it makes more sense to sign for United than Bayern, we just have to be patient I suppose. Not signing him will not hurt me as long as by the end of the transfer window, the club still reinforces the midfield. We cannot afford to buy no one, our current option, except Carrick, are just not good enough

Yeah I woke up expecting the usual nothing at all, and instead find the caf on suicide watch? Ffs

once again united unable to attract quality midfielders - its going on for years..

Hardly a surprise, the spain team practically is the barca team. No wonder he's sucking them off. Shrewd move by barca, though. Get the national team coach to insist you stay, basically meaning if you leave, he definitely won't pick you.
Sport witness said Del Bosque was misquoted.

Well I'm just fed up with the whole saga. I reckon if we were going to land him it would have been before we went on tour so I'm just going to pretend nothing happened. Which it didnt.

Ill pass up on bringing my usual updates from the Spanish press today, since everything is repetition of the cope interview.

It'll be interesting to see how Pep's golden boy reputation fares in Barcelona over the next few days given what he's quoted to have said when trying to hijack Barça's Neymar bid and now (apparently) trying to take Thiago into an already strong and balanced midfield that lacks nothing whatsoever.

Ill pass up on bringing my usual updates from the Spanish press today, since everything is repetition of the cope interview.

It'll be interesting to see how Pep's golden boy reputation fares in Barcelona over the next few days given what he's quoted to have said when trying to hijack Barça's Neymar bid and now (apparently) trying to take Thiago into an already strong and balanced midfield that lacks nothing whatsoever.

Rosell et al have been systematically trying to not only undo all of Laporta's success but dismantle many of the key elements which isn't limited to tarnishing the legacy of Guardiola. If the experience of Spanish & Catalan media throughout the Thiago saga has illustrated anything, it's that truth is a fluid concept and media is often used to manipulate

Bayern stealing Thiago from under our noses would be like a a fat guy jamming another pie down his gullet as our midfield sits starving like one of those kids from Les Miserables.

Status
Not open for further replies.