Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
People clutching at straws here. A move to bayern makes perfect semse for the kid....he could constantly interchange positions with gotze and robben/ribery like peps teams like to do...there is no fixed position for a forward in peps philosophy and he'd play for his old boss pep in a team that is far greater than ours...lets hope he signs for us but signing for bayern seems to be a no brainer for the kid

"Perfect sense"? What you've described is the situation Thiago is facing already so there's really no point in leaving Barca as a role player for Bayern as a role player. He might as well just stay where he's at now. At least with United you know he'd walk into the starting XI almost on Day One. Whether that's a good move for him in the long run is absolutely debatable, but there's really no logic in him going to Bayern unless he somehow sees Barcelona collapsing as a football club in the near future and he wants to be as far away from the train wreck as possible. Bottom line is that Bayern are already stocked with gobs of talent, as Barca are.

Why is a report attributed to one news paper more believable than conflicting reports attributed to other newspapers?

Because, like the great and tragic Romantic poets of yore, transfer muppets experience the soaring heights of ecstasy and the inscrutable abysses of...well, abysses. Charles Dickens wrote, in A Tale of Two Transfers, these apt words:

It was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair. YAWN.

I don't mind being shown the error of my ways, and I'm very pleased to read Alcantara is a box to box guy and not merely (which I should put in quotation marks) an attacking mid.

According to outsideoftheboot, this is what Alcantara brings to the party:

That's fair enough. I don't agree, though, and the consensus in this thread every time the argument comes up tends to settle on the CM position, not the AM. In fact, the recent in-depth stats analysis on Thiago in comparison to Iniesta and Xavi showed that minute for minute, he matched or nearly matched both in most attacking stats, but far outstripped them in terms of interceptions, tackles and other defensive duties. I also think once you've watched him a bit more, you'll agree with me. It becomes very clear, after a few minutes, that whilst he likes the occasional burst into the box, his strength is in sitting quite deep, taking the ball off the CBs, and pulling the strings from a roughly Xavi-esque position. If he came to us, I'd be extremely surprised to ever see him at #10 unless both Rooney and Kagawa were injured.

This felt like a Sneijder / Ozil / Hazard saga from almost the very start.

Ah, well that's fair enough then, my bad. I thought you meant specifically about him going to Bayern.

He can get money, more playing time and play under Pep at Bayern. It's hardly a dog's dinner of a proposal.

He has no chance of getting more playing time, Pep or otherwise. Bayern have just as strong a midfield as Barca, and their formation has less room for a box-to-box player like Thiago anyway. Not defensive enough to replace Schweinsteiger (a laughable option anyway) or Martinez, but wasted in a purely attacking, advanced role like Muller/Gotze's.

You clearly misunderstood. Martinez would apparently 'drop' back to centre-half to make room for Thiago.

Which still leaves Thiago trying to fill a defensive midfield role which he is completely unsuited for. The very fact that Martinez is able to become a CB should be proof enough of that.

Bollocks, this is where the Bayern rumor started from and it looks like bollocks to me

http://www.cope.es/detalle/El-Bayern-de-Munich-posible-destino-de-Thiago.html

Anyway it says posible destino so again bollocks to that.

Here's a Google translation

According Juanma Castaño told in The Party of 12, the player could have already signed a contract that would charge € 4 million per season after having spoken with Guardiola and tell him that will delay the position of Javi Martinez.
[+] [-]

According Juanma Castaño told in The Party 12, Thiago Alcantara could leave Bayern Munich after having reached an agreement with the German club. The young squad of Barcelona, European Champion U-21 this summer, would have chosen the team of Pep Guardiola after rejecting offers from Manchester United and Real Madrid. Guardiola would have said Javi Martinez would play more delayed and that the gap would remain at the center of the field could be for him.

Now need confirmation Mazinho and Pere Guardiola, but as pointed Juanma Castaño and the contract could be signed and Thiago charge € 4 million per season.

Going to Bayern will nearly guarantee he misses the World Cup...which is his supposed reason for leaving. He won't displace Schweini and Martinez.

He says that in the radio interview the guy keeps saying something along the general lines of 'this is summer news so be careful about believing it 100%' and repeats it a few times until the host cuts him off.

Made up bullshit imo. Night.

Agreed - if the translations are accurate then I don't think this is water-tight proof of anything.

That's not to say Thiago won't move to Bayern (I believe if Pep has reached out to him then all logical debate about playing time is void) but this radio news doesn't sound definitive.

Chaps, I just got back from Barcelona tonight. It was on the radio and everyone was talking about it when was there. Sport and Mundo Deportivo are running with the story and definitive. Pep has lured him to Munich.

This one is dead and buried as far as I am concerned. Seriously disappointing.

feck Thiago, feck guardiola and feck bAyern.

What a freaking hilarious turn of events. I'm afraid the cafe has embarrassed itself once again, 346 pages, Ozil, Hazard, now Thiago, you guys continue to jeopardize this football club.

What a freaking hilarious turn of events. I'm afraid the cafe has embarrassed itself once again, 346 pages, Ozil, Hazard, now Thiago, you guys continue to jeopardize this football club.

No we don't. We can't even if we try our hardest collectively.

I've read that this Radio Station made allegations that Barca and its players were involved in doping, but they agreed a defamation payout.

Now that doesn't make what they say potentially not true, but I question people who take them as some sort of credible source on the face of it. Well actually, a false allegation story shouldn't be the reason not to believe anything that hasn't come from a club involved or the player.

Tbf, if we miss out on Thiago and fail to sign a midfielder this summer, then it will be the club that is letting us, the fans, down.
I don't care about, "well we tried for this player" and "we nearly got that player" and all the other bollocks. Just fecking throw every available resource at signing a world class midfielder or at least potentially world class midfielder. fecking break the transfer record and wage structure if you have to, just fecking get it done. We're Manchester United, one of the top 5 clubs in the history of football, it shouldn't be this fecking hard to be bringing in a midfielder.

:lol:

You realize this is a messageboard right?

It's not actually meant to be taken that serious.

I don't think he'll end up here but why are people acting like the Bayern move has been confirmed? Am I missing something?

The worrying thing is that we havent been linked to any other midfielders other than Thiago.

If we do lose out I hope we aren't left scrambling around for a 2nd rate choice.

No idea why Bayern would want Thiago or why Thiago would want Bayern. Too many midfielders already in the equation.

On the other hand, it would be very convenient for Thiago's camp to plant stories about Bayern with the news outlets in order to improve the compensation package that he could get from, e.g., us. As a matter of fact, I would almost expect it.

No idea whether he'll be signing for us or not, but we currently have a Thiago-shaped hole in our midfield, and the move would just make too much sense. But hey, football transfers don't always make sense.

I doubt Thiago is our only target, we wouldn't put all our eggs in the Thiago basket.

You don't go looking for hamburgers until the prime rib is off the menu.

If he does move to Bayern, I would really like to know his reason. Even if he says its because of Pep, I call bullshit because Pep cannot, I repeat cannot, guarantee him playing time there because that is going to be most potent/talented midfield in the world next season.

No idea why Bayern would want Thiago or why Thiago would want Bayern. Too many midfielders already in the equation.

On the other hand, it would be very convenient for Thiago's camp to plant stories about Bayern with the news outlets in order to improve the compensation package that he could get from, e.g., us. As a matter of fact, I would almost expect it.

No idea whether he'll be signing for us or not, but we currently have a Thiago-shaped hole in our midfield, and the move would just make too much sense. But hey, football transfers don't always make sense.

I like the way this poster thinks.

This is no time for going flaccid and taking a long shit, amigos.

Status
Not open for further replies.