Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
#scottieparkertounited #gotagoodengine #buybritish #believe #thisisnteventwitterwhyamiusinghashtags?

So its a done deal now? Him to Bayern? He has been linked with us for more than a month and nothing will happen and one small link to Bayern after a while and its a done deal?
I trust Cope. And this makes sense.
But who knows...
As long as United have a number of targets in play then what's the big deal anyway. I honestly do not remember anyone pointing out Thiago as Uniteds saviour a couple of months ago.

Manduzic​
Ribery-----Muller------Robben​
Götze-----Thiago​
Bastian------Martinez​
Badstuber------Dante​
Neuer​
2-4-3-1 formation will give them playing time.​

Just read the actual article. It's priceless. Apparently Guardiola's told Thiago he'll drop Martinez to make room for him. You know, Martinez who cost >€40, who has performed superbly for Bayern, in particular in their CL campaign, which featured an aggregate 7-0 thrashing of the side Thiago can't get into, and who - just as a point of interest - plays a completely different position and role to Thiago.

Oh, and the 'source' is a minor Spanish sports journalist, who isn't even quoted.

Seems legit...

You clearly misunderstood. Martinez would apparently 'drop' back to centre-half to make room for Thiago.

This is the most boring transfer saga I've ever known! He's coming, he's not coming, all for the bloody last 2 months!

I vote Lock thread

Contrary to belief we aren't actually on tour for the footballing side of things, the destinations include some of Moyes' favourite holiday resorts.

I trust Cope. And this makes sense.
But who knows. As long as United have a number of targets in play then what's the big deal anyway.
And just because a player is comfortable with a coach doesnt mean he is will go where the coach is. Look at Isco. A lot of people said he WILL follow Pellegrini and move to City. Thank God that didnt materialize. Just think about it from Thiago's game time point of view. It will more sense for him to reject United and stay at Barca than to go to Bayern.

This thread is everything that's wrong with this forum.

This is the most boring transfer saga I've ever known! He's coming, he's not coming, all for the bloody last 2 months!

I vote Lock thread
The next guy who asks for this thread to be locked gets a thread ban.

And just because a player is comfortable with a coach doesnt mean he is will go where the coach is. Look at Isco. A lot of people said he WILL follow Pellegrini and move to City. Thank God that didnt materialize. Just think about it from Thiago's game time point of view. It will more sense for him to reject United and stay at Barca than to go to Bayern.
It's the agent thing that makes following Pep logical.

You clearly misunderstood. Martinez would apparently 'drop' back to centre-half to make room for Thiago.

that would be so good for us... If they drop Martinez to CB to accomodate Thiago up there, they would instantly drop several quality levels. Martinez is the KEY player of that awesome midfield the germans have. Would be so so so soooo stupid to do that. I reckon all this news are so bullshit.

he will come to us and thats it.

Don't worry lads, I'm sure if this falls through Moyes will have a back up plan. He's not daft and he will probably target one of his old players. Step forward - Leon Osman.

It doesn't matter, Thiago doesn't play anyway in Martinez position. In Thiago position play Schweinsteiger and Kross, while they have Gotze, Muller and Kross as an attacking midfielder option. I don't believe that there is anything true on that article and I don't also believe that he'll go to Bayern. He's either staying at Barca or coming to us.

Don't worry lads, I'm sure if this falls through Moyes will have a back up plan. He's not daft and he will probably target one of his old players. Step forward - Leon Osman.
Good player is Osman.

Manduzic​
Ribery-----Muller------Robben​
Götze-----Thiago​
Bastian------Martinez​
Badstuber------Dante​
Neuer​

Seems legit :lol:

No, seriously, has this source any credibility?

I can not imagine him leaving Barca to join Bayern. Schweinsteiger (who is their captain in anything but name) is set there as a starter for at least another 3 years and he does not fit the profile of the more defensive Martinez. He could possibly get less playtime there than in Spain. Is his wish to play under Guardiola that big, that he is going to risk hindering his own potential by not playing most of the time?

One that would be a waste of Martinez's talent. Second you still have Kroos waiting in the ranks even if you move Schweinsteger to the defensive mid position.

65626.gif

Would it not be easier for Thiago to stay at Barcelona or sign for someone and end this discussion once and for all?
When has a big name transfer ever been simple? When has a player announced he is signing for a club when he is on vacation? You have to be patient for him to return to training to make his announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.