Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if this Cesc business was planted in the press by Barca to take the shine off our interest in Thiago. Cesc was pretty quick to come out and deny he would ever move which is unusual for a player to do , they usually ignore speculation and don't get involved in it.

If there's one man that can sign us Thiago, it's Bolingbroke.

iZSXYhQWjZadf.gif

:lol:

I am not sure if The Neviller is online yet, but one reason he should want this transfer to go through is so people like noodlehair stop talking about our weak midfield with such disdain.
Have you confused me not thinking this transfer will happen, with me not wanting it to happen?

Thiago calls a meeting to tell Barcelona he's off to Manchester United

Thiago to Manchester United looks like it's actually going to happen, more and more by the day. The Catalan press have started to get insulting about Manchester United, which is a good sign that the Barcelona player will be going there and elsewhere there are reports that's it's not just football he's leaving for, but money.
AS today claim that David Moyes would make him one of Manchester United's best paid players, and if he does leave then that's sure to be an angle they cover more in Spain. The Spanish media certainly won't be happy if he leaves and that's showing already. The arrogance developed, perhaps fairly through success, means that there's shock when a top player moves from La Liga to the Premier League. It will be taken as some sort of insult and responded to as such, we'll cover that in more detail separately.

AS claim that Thiago has called a meeting with Barcelona to tell them he's leaving and going to Manchester United to get more minutes. It does give the Catalan club one last chance to convince him to stay but it's been repeated several times in Spain that Tito Vilanova will give Thiago no assurances, because he can't given the midfielders he has at his disposal. It would take an injury or two for Thiago to play a leading role for Barcelona next season and that's simply the way things are.
The newspaper say that Thiago's father Mazinho, also his agent, returned to Barcelona on Friday with an irresistible offer from Manchester United under his arm, and that this offer, coupled with Thiago's World Cup dream has left one simple result, Manchester United will pay his buy-out clause and he'll be off to Old Trafford.
They say Thiago's mind is made up but that Barcelona club president Sandro Rosell has been trying to form a new strategy to get him to reconsider, which they don't think is likely and state that Thiago is being stubborn about the situation. AS claim, quite obviously, that the next few days will be crucial in the saga but that every day he seems to be moving further away from Barcelona.
On the same page they say the midfielder was Manchester United's second choice and they really wanted Cesc Fabregas but that Cesc's comments from Brazil about not wanting to move anywhere have deterred them from that and the Manchester club haven't thought twice about going for the Thiago transfer, because he's such a bargain. The Fabregas claim could be another dose of sour grapes.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...ng-to-tell-barcelona-he-s-off-to-manchester-u

One thing I would like about Barcelona's decline is the gradual realization that their bandwagon fans will have that they are not the center of the footballing world. We, as big a club as them despite not being half as successful in recent years, have been spoken down about, all because we have done the unthinkable by trying to sign a player that their coach says he can't guarantee he'll play.

Where did Rafinha to Everton come from? Looks like he's set to go to Celta Vigo. So much for the whole family uprooting.

Thiago won't be the last quality player that moves away from La Liga, Barca and Real are the only teams that can compete with wages payed by PL clubs and there are only so many players these two teams can employ.

Of course Barca fans will be pissed that they lose their probably biggest talent and of course they will claim it's only because of money, we do it as well every time a player we would have liked to see here signs for Chelsea or City.

But tbh I couldn't give less of a shit what Barca fans think if he really sings for us, I'm just happy that we got a really good CM which we have needed for some years now.

Thiago won't be the last quality player that moves away from La Liga, Barca and Real are the only teams that can compete with wages payed by PL clubs and there are only so many players these two teams can employ.

Of course Barca fans will be pissed that they lose their probably biggest talent and of course they will claim it's only because of money, we do it as well every time a player we would have liked to see here signs for Chelsea or City.

But tbh I couldn't give less of a shit what Barca fans think if he really sings for us, I'm just happy that we got a really good CM which we have needed for some years now.

I think that a certain Messi, Lionel might stake a claim to that title...

This guy seems to have a bad sense for United's football. He's saying that Thiago would be choosing between Initesta and Xavi, or balls flying over his head.

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/emilio-perez-de-rozas/thiago-alcantara-sus-millones-dudas-2434209

To be fair, he's right. We do play hoofballs over the top all the time.

Hoofballs like this...

iK5CVsGIAvnEf.gif

...this

i4s0kzONdjte.gif

...and this

iM39P3A0tEJxS.gif

But yes, he probably will miss Busquets bouncing back his five yard passes again and again and again.

Incidentally, anyone who thinks we played bad or boring football this season, trawl through Beautifully Red for an hour or so. The sheer volume of gorgeous football we've produced is staggering.

Even if we play hoof ball(feels so wrong to call it that), it's coming right from the center midfield. Instead of playing tiki taka with busquets at 5 yards, it could be thiago exploiting his passing range alongside carrick :drool:

Even if we play hoof ball(feels so wrong to call it that), it's coming right from the center midfield. Instead of playing tiki taka with busquets at 5 yards, it could be thiago exploiting his passing range alongside carrick :drool:

I was obviously joking using the word hoofball. A long ball or hoofball is put in a vague area by teams whose big strikers can normally muscle in underneath it. A long pass, on the other hand, is something entirely different, and something that Carrick can do better than any Barcelona player.

How is he calling a meeting if he was just jetting off on holiday last night?

Um, he wasn't. He'd been on holiday for a few days, and then tweeted that his holiday was over (specifically, that he was on the plane home). Someone posted the tweet from the first day of his holiday, and everyone became very confused.

I was obviously joking using the word hoofball. A long ball or hoofball is put in a vague area by teams whose big strikers can normally muscle in underneath it. A long pass, on the other hand, is something entirely different, and something that Carrick can do better than any Barcelona player.

I know it mate. I was just adding to your point

I am getting nervous with this transfer. I am obsessed. It should happen, ASAP

We will all love Moyes so much, and we won't ever make Osman jokes again if we sign Thiago.

I reckon if no significant development happens this week we won't sign him and he was just using us to get a new bumper contract, the twat.

Status
Not open for further replies.