Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
I have it on good faith that the transfer is agreed to by all parties; to be announced officially by the club along with the Strootman deal at 11am tomorrow. Garay is very close to signing with Benfica accepting a £15m bid, but not quite agreed personal terms yet.
Tomorrow, as in Monday or Tuesday? Depends on where you live. If you are in the US, tomorrow can be Monday :-)

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Here's a Indian news article from today which agrees with ciderman's source:

Manchester: English Premier League champions Manchester United are expected to complete the signings of midfielders Kevin Strootman, Thiago Alcantara and defender Ezequiel Garay this week.

Talks with PSV to bring Strootman are at an advanced stage and United have made substantial progression for the Dutch International, with a move on the verge of completion. A bid in the region of 15m pounds has already been made.

According to reports in Spain, United have also agreed personal terms with Thiago, with the club offering the player a 5-year deal, and willing to double his current wages offering. Barcelona are trying to convince Thiago to stay, but it is believed that he has decided to join the Red Devils. United have also promised Thiago that he will be an integral part of the first team.
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cricketn...ign-thiago-strootman-and-garay/401268-78.html

Castia

feck this is getting exciting now. Iv been trying to keep calm but if we sign Thiago and Strootman then that is a brilliant summer. Garay is a very good defender but its hard to see where he's going to fit in.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Can't believe people are trusting Cider on this.

LR7

That article basically suggests Barcelona think that Thiago is more likely to leave than stay with us looking like the most likely destination, and that Barcelona will be looking to take advantages of the players departing from the teams changing managers (namely Rooney).

Edit: I was reading another article that I now cant find!

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Can anyone post me a really good Thiago video to watch. I may as well find out what this kid is all about.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So basically Cider has read it in some articles that weren't posted in here yet and now he's claiming an inside source :lol:

lysglimt

Scout
Tomorrow, Tuesday.
Thiago'll come TOMORROW
Cider bet his reputation
That TOMORROW
He'll be ours

Just thinking about
THIAGO
clears away the cobwebs
and the sorrow
'Til there's none

We'll get THIAGO one day
Garay
and STROOTMAN
I just stick out my chin
and Grin
and SAY
OH!

Thiago'll come TOMORROW
So ya gotta hang on 'til tomorrow
Come what may
Thiago - TOMORROW
I love you THIAGO
You're always a day
AWAY!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
My guess is that Thiago had a meeting with the sporting director and it ended with him agreeing to, "think about it," rather than him demanding that Barca let him go.

That's consistent with sources like Hunter saying Barca are still trying and that Thiago's dad prefers United, but the deal's not yet done (because his son is still thinking?).

The feeling I got from the Barcelona papers is that they're preparing the fans, so that if he moves it'll be his fault, not Tito's for not convincing him that he's valued, or the board for putting the 18m release terms in his contract.

I still think he's coming to us: it makes perfect sense for him and us. But 12 hours or 12 days? Vamos a ver.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Can anyone do some kind of Thiag-o-meter to graphically portray the chances of him joining, and update it say, every hour? Hell, we could put it as the banner on the main site, would save all of us the hassle of clicking the thread title. It's where we end up either way.

For what it's worth I'm at about 55 % sure he'll join at the moment.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
So its not happening today? feck sake I dont want him now...

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Can anyone do some kind of Thiag-o-meter to graphically portray the chances of him joining, and update it say, every hour? Hell, we could put it as the banner on the main site, would save all of us the hassle of clicking the thread title. It's where we end up either way.

I'm closer to 85%

Skywarden

Thiago a la carte meter:

<Barca--------------|------United>

Skywarden

Oh shit. I just saw Cider's post.

It's off. Pack your bags, it's back to window shopping.

ciderman9000000

So basically Cider has read it in some articles that weren't posted in here yet and now he's claiming an inside source :lol:
I'd not seen those sites before.

I have two good friends who work for United; one is in the marketing department of Glazer HQ in London and the other works under Warren Barton at an academy in San Diego which also serves as a base for scouts in North and Central America.

This info came from the London source where these transfers are no longer confidential. She usually knows very little about transfers until they're completed, by which time the club announces them anyway; this time though they've been holding off on the official announcements as they want to do with triple announcement with Garay included asap; the deals are done though and memos passed around late last night so the team can inform relevant sponsors.

It's hardly been a secret over the past week or so, has it? The Ronaldo stuff is just 'in the works', but again it's not confidential information as the club's sponsors and potential sponsors are being kept informed as to United's wealth and ambition in this regard.

manusteve

130k reasonable?
Some of you are fecking mental. Its still largely potential..
We didnt want to pay Pogba big wages and that wouldve been under 30k.
No one in our team gets that kind of money other than the 2 lead strikers.. I'd be very surprised if we offered that sort of money to him.
I'm sure what has been offered will be mutually acceptable, and won't be GBP130k per week.

That said, am I right in understanding that Ashley Young is on about GBP120k per week? If so, that REALLY is taking the piss. Shit player raking it in.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

I have two good friends who work for United; one is in the marketing department of Glazer HQ in London and the other works under Warren Barton at an academy in San Diego which also serves as a base for scouts in North and Central America.

This info came from the London source where these transfers are no longer confidential. She usually knows very little about transfers until they're completed, by which time the club announces them anyway; this time though they've been holding off on the official announcements as they want to do with triple announcement with Garay included asap; the deals are done though and memos passed around late last night so the team can inform relevant sponsors.

It's hardly been a secret over the past week or so, has it?
Fair enough, time will tell I guess. So you are guaranteeing at least Thiago and Strootman, possibly Garay too?

manusteve

It's hardly been a secret over the past week or so, has it?
"...triple announcement..."? You mean Thiago, Strootman and Garay? fecksake, I don't want us to sign Strootman!

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Fair enough, time will tell I guess. So you are guaranteeing at least Thiago and Strootman, possibly Garay too?
Think about it. There's no more further news on Strootman and Garay... it's pretty much because it's already tied up, I think.

Feed Me

I'm hungry

It's hardly been a secret over the past week or so, has it? The Ronaldo stuff is just 'in the works', but again it's not confidential information as the club's sponsors and potential sponsors are being kept informed as to United's wealth and ambition in this regard.
You're a bad, bad man.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

:drool: I'm sorted.

Castia

Why? id understand if we signed him alone that some people would be underwhelmed but signing him alongside Thiago is jizz worthy. 2 cm's ffs!!!

Cina

I'm sure what has been offered will be mutually acceptable, and won't be GBP130k per week.

That said, am I right in understanding that Ashley Young is on about GBP120k per week? If so, that REALLY is taking the piss. Shit player raking it in.
You might be, you might not be, it's a figure that's floated around on here a lot (by me too, in the past) but even if it is what he's on (unlikely), you can't use it as a basis for every other player, which seems to be common around here nowadays, cause it's clearly an exceptional case.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
fecking hell Ciderman. You're making me believe you, you cnut.

I don't want to set myself up for the disappointment! Although I don't really want Garay or Strootman, I want Thiago, he's so shiny and new.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry

Okay will take your word for it....hope it's not a WUM as my heart would not take it but thanks for sharing that with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.