Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Assumptionman
Yep, seen him. He apparently has a 'sauce' in inner circle of EPL and is saying that Thiago to us is a done deal, while Higuain has signed a 4 year contract with Gunners. I call it bullshit.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
So without reading through the guff there is likely nil chance of us signing him but everyone is in a frenzy?
Latest is the muppets think he's going to sign but in truth there is feck all chance..?

About right?

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
So without reading through the guff there is likely nil chance of us signing him but everyone is in a frenzy?
Latest is the muppets think he's going to sign but in truth there is feck all chance..?

About right?
Not really, I think there's about a 40% chance of us signing him.

Revan

Assumptionman

About right?
According to everything there is every chance that we are going to sign him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not really, I think there's about a 40% chance of us signing him.
Probably closer to 70% that we're going to sign him, if not more. Will more than likely happen this week as well, unless we're waiting for moyes to come here first on July 1st. All the signs point towards him signing for us soon though.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
Let me check into this first in the morning. I'll let you guys know what's really going on.

Just kidding! Where did white text go?

ciderman9000000

I have it on good faith that the transfer is agreed to by all parties; to be announced officially by the club along with the Strootman deal at 11am tomorrow. Garay is very close to signing with Benfica accepting a £15m bid, but not quite agreed personal terms yet.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I have it on good faith that the transfer is agreed to by all parties; to be announced officially by the club along with the Strootman deal at 11am tomorrow. Garay is very close to signing with Benfica accepting a £15m bid, but not quite agreed personal terms yet.
Are you ITK, Cider?

vanthaman

Winner
No white text? :confused:

ciderman9000000

No white text? :confused:
It's genuine information. The reason for there not being an announcement today is that the club want to reveal Garay along with the other two; by tomorrow that could be a possibility, but if not they'll announce Strootman and Thiago anyway. United are confident that Madrid will eventually accept £50m for Ronaldo since the player is desperate to come here, but that's a long way off yet. There's no intention to move for Bale regardless as Spurs are demanding £80m.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
It's genuine information. The reason for there not being an announcement today is that the club want to reveal Garay along with the other two; by tomorrow that could be a possibility, but if not they'll announce Strootman and Thiago anyway. United are confident that Madrid will eventually accept £50m for Ronaldo since the player is desperate to come here, but that's a long way off yet. There's no intention to move for Bale regardless as Spurs are demanding £80m.
I aprove of your ITK information. ;)

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
For that price that would be a steal...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Of this doesn't happen, Cider will call you all bellend Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime for believing something on the Internet.

Everest Red

Reddest ever

I'll streak naked and post the video online if we announce all three tomorrow.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Done a read around of the Spanish press.
The sensitive should skip to the next post.

I prefer Ciderman's update.

There are comments in all the papers suggesting that Thiago is still thinking about giving the club another chance. With a one liner in Marca's transfer minute by minute saying that Barca sources think he's still more in Barca than out of it, but with United as best placed if he does leave.

This idea has been met with some incredulity by Sport - basically, you don't give Barcelona chances to talk you out of moving, they give you an opportunity. In this case: Catalunya Vs England. Tiki taka with Xavi/Iniesta Vs long balls flying over your head and Tito Vs Moyes.
http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/emilio-perez-de-rozas/thiago-alcantara-sus-millones-dudas-2434209

While Mundo Deportivo says he should stop looking for guarantees and start training harder and playing better.
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130...ortunidades-fichajes-mercado_54376922620.html

Incidentally Barcelona are apparently contemplating a move for Rooney - so I guess he may have the same set of choices offered.

LR7

Thiago Alcantara calls a meeting to say that it will

Tito Vilanova will want to role on the team, but they must divide the cake between Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc Fabregas. The player wants to leave the entity Barca.

While most of the champions of European Under-21 are scattered along the coast enjoying a well deserved vacation thinking off, Thiago Alcantara head is spinning.The United he wants it or yes to lead the touch of the first draft of David Moyes at Old Trafford and Barcelona believe much in it to be one of the cornerstones of the future in the Barca game.
Mazinho returned Friday to Barcelona with the Manchester team's proposal under the arm. Seems irresistible. So much so that, coupled with the desire of the player to have many more minutes to suck to be quoted by Vicente del Bosque for next summer's finals in Brazil, make the combination of the equation seems to have a simple result: payment of clause (18 million plus VAT) from United to release Thiago of his current contract with the club.
Sandro Rosell, Barcelona president, not with arms crossed. Sure. In constant contact with his trusted (Bartomeu and Zubizarreta) try to chart a new strategy for the player to change his mind. They know it's complicated. Thiago is so stubborn in their decisions, as sincere in his statements. Still, the idea is to re-explain what is the issue in order to have minutes. Tito Vilanova will want to role on the team, but they must divide the cake between Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc Fabregas.
Money. It's another reason why Thiago can move to England. Besides promised playing time, the midfielder would enter a good sum of money, so that would make Thiago would become one of the highest paid footballers set Moyes, who has absolute confidence in the Barcelona squad game.
The coming days will be key for the future of Thiago, every day, seems to be further away from the Camp Nou.

The first option was Fàbregas

Although Thiago is a player who now seems vital for the United (also for Barca), from Old Trafford had Fabregas first choice. The insistent messages launched by the Catalan from Brazil, where it is concentrated with the selection, made apparently deterred technicians United, that when they learned that the starting price could go from Thiago 90-18000000 did not hesitate for an instant, so that the U-21 won integers.
Translated from:
http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/06/24/primera/1372040041_638823.html

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

There are comments in all the papers suggesting that Thiago is still thinking about giving the club another chance. With a one liner in Marca's transfer minute by minute saying that Barca sources think he's still more in Barca than out of it, but with United as best placed if he does leave.

This idea has been met with some incredulity by Sport - basically, you don't give Barcelona chances to talk you out of moving, they give you an opportunity. In this case: Catalunya Vs England. Tiki taka with Xavi/Iniesta Vs long balls flying over your head and Tito Vs Moyes.
http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/emilio-perez-de-rozas/thiago-alcantara-sus-millones-dudas-2434209

While Mundo Deportivo says he should stop looking for guarantees and start training harder and playing better.
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130...ortunidades-fichajes-mercado_54376922620.html

Incidentally Barcelona are apparently contemplating a move for Rooney - so I guess he may have the same set of choices offered.
That article is written by a twat. Hollier than thou nonsense.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
normally one can't bet their house about these things. but if you are not being a WUM here and you think the london office sources are fairly credible, you have made my day :-)
I don't really want Garay, but if we are signing two CMs, then, in Moyes we trust!!

Platato

Psst!

I'm confused. Isn't he off for holiday? Wouldn't he already have made his decision then. Doesn't line up with Graham Hunter's story.

LR7

That article basically suggests Barcelona think that Thiago is more likely to leave than stay with us looking like the most likely destination, and that Barcelona will be looking to take advantages of the players departing from the teams changing managers (namely Rooney).

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

What a shite article. We are Man United, not fecking Stoke. Carrick, Kagawa, Cleverley, Rooney and Van Persie. Not the first names that come to mind when you think of long ball football.

Status
Not open for further replies.