The World Cup Final: France vs Croatia (Kickoff 16H00 BST)

You couldn’t sleep because Eder was always coming into your dreams :lol:
Honestly I prefered losing to an Eder rather than any other player from Portugal because I thought a player who was mocked most of his entire, deserved something no one would be able to take away from him. There is something very "fairy talish" about this Croatian run, if they win it, no matter how, it will be an incredible achievement.

I can totally relate to you. It is the same with Bayern and your national team.

I do like Ozil, though. Don't know why you didn't call him for this WC.

Don’t even get the joke, seems to be extremely poor. But whatever, feel free, I don’t care. For me, the Ustascha vibe around this team is way too strong for me. I cannot relate to any people doing stuff like this.

This is the first time I'm watching an important football match without any bias for who wins. Found both teams boring to watch throughout the world cup, indifferent to who wins..

Feels like a CL final to me. 2014 final had much more of an 'aura' surrounding it.

This is the first time I'm watching an important football match without any bias for who wins. Found both teams boring to watch throughout the world cup, indifferent to who wins..

Did you find any team really entertaining?

I have consistently said that I never saw this French generation winning anything. Especially under Deschamps. Also picked Croatia to beat both Argentina and England.

So I think Croatia 2-1 AET with a Lloris blunder somewhere in there.

Simply put , this French team have the ability to lose to themselves and I think they will.

Don’t even get the joke, seems to be extremely poor. But whatever, feel free, I don’t care. For me, the Ustascha vibe around this team is way too strong for me. I cannot relate to any people doing stuff like this.

I like the vibe of "The invisible man" by Queen while watching Ozil.

Ustascha isn't a word btw.

Did you find any team really entertaining?

I think Belgium came the closest. This was a competitive world cup, but rather poor on quality. Also thought England had potential but their central midfield lack of creativity really showed against the better teams. Was initially rooting for a Belgium v England final. Still would've liked to see Belgium in it.

What about you?

I think Belgium came the closest. This was a competitive world cup, but rather poor on quality. Also thought England had potential but their central midfield lack of creativity really showed against the better teams. Was initially rooting for a Belgium v England final. Still would've liked to see Belgium in it.

What about you?

England were pretty horrible to watch.

Yeah Belgium were the best to watch. I also appreciated the hard working style from Uruguay and was left with a soft spot for Japan, but they were naive. France may have not been spectacular but they turn it on at times and are efficient, are were able to nullify Belgium.

I like the vibe of "The invisible man" by Queen while watching Ozil.

Ustascha isn't a word btw.

You are taking the piss right? You know that „word“ rather well, or rather the organization.

What's that?

The German word for what is called „Ustashe“ in English. The Croatian variant of the NSDAP, to which parts of the Croatian national team show a disturbing attitude to.

A right wing movement?

No, the literal Nazis ruling Croatia during WW2 and being complicit in the Holocaust and killing Jews and ethnic minorities in their own concentration camps. Apparently a lot of glorification is going an about them in Croatia because „muh freedom fighters“, and I knew that before. Wasn’t aware how much parts of the national team are supporting that narrative.

You are taking the piss right? You know that „word“ rather well, or rather the organization.

You're out of your mind. It's still the wrong word btw., but I won't even go further into the debate as I hate right-wing nationalism and especially because it has nothing to do with this team.

No, the literal Nazis ruling Croatia during WW2 and being complicit in the Holocaust and killing Jews and ethnic minorities in their own concentration camps. Apparently a lot of glorification is going an about them in Croatia because „muh freedom fighters“, and I knew that before. Wasn’t aware how much parts of the national team are supporting that narrative.
That's disturbing.

I'll read up on it to get the full picture .

Something to keep folks entertained before the final. Skip to 17:00 to see highlights (in colour) of the 1968 European cup final and Charlton's quite excellent goal.

A Croat movement active back in the 1930s with rather interesting attitudes to Roma (that's gypsies not the club), Serbs and others of various racial or religious hues.

Thanks .

Pretty much, and that will be one of the many reasons why I will cheer on France.

Are you on crack or something? I would actually get offended if it didn't come from you. Love this forum, so ignore is the best solution.

I love it, both countries are pumped up.

There's also the issue with Lovren and Modric .

@Ban basically said they are criminals that lied in a court of law.

Maybe the French have their own skeletons too though.

Honestly I prefered losing to an Eder rather than any other player from Portugal because I thought a player who was mocked most of his entire, deserved something no one would be able to take away from him. There is something very "fairy talish" about this Croatian run, if they win it, no matter how, it will be an incredible achievement.
That was an amazing and underserved win from Portugal in 2016. Anyway to all of my French family I wish them good luck (even to my aunt who decided to teach me French :angel: when I was in high school ) but I can’t forget France always knocks Portugal out besides 2016 :mad: and I have a good friend from Croatia so I go for Croatia.

@fcbforever are you talking about Lovren singing a song associated with the Ustaša movement after win against Argentina and Vida doing a video shouting "Glory to Ukraine!" or has there been anything else?

As a neutral, I can't find anything to like about this Croatia, even for their underdog status and a Liverpool player (I didn't like Lovren that much even before I've learnt about the scandal). I also don't like the usual Balkan nationalism of these parts.

France, on the other hand, has a youthful, energetic, almost innocent attitude. Hard not to like them, even with their ineffectiveness at times.

So, it's France for me.

That was an amazing and underserved win from Portugal in 2016. Anyway to all of my French family I wish them good luck (even to my aunt who decided to teach me French :angel: when I was in high school ) but I can’t forget France always knocks Portugal out besides 2016 :mad: and I have a good friend from Croatia so I go for Croatia.
Piss off Barros. The way you started your post, it felt like you were gonna back us