The right winger market…

Even if Sancho and EtH mend some bridges AND Antony avoids formal charges, there will still be a need to address this position next summer - I don't think either player is good enough.

With Rashford playing as a forward in the channel on the left, I think we need to balance the side out with someone creative, a good passer/crosser and, ideally, with the pace/skill to beat fullbacks in 1v1s. Someone similar to Dembélé or Sané. I don't really know who that player is. Rayan Cherki has the talent but perhaps not the mentality.

I never understood during the 15 minutes of this story how we could be "in" for anyone right now.

For the moment we can go with either Garnacho or Pellistri at RW, assuming that the bridge between Erik and Jadon has been burned to the ground. But if and when Antony is able to return to duty, I really hope he junks the one-trick-pony crap and starts playing like a proper winger, the kind that can take on a defender either to his or his right.

I see the moaners are out in full force again :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

We need cover, options are limited, makes sense.
But don't let that get in the way of a good whinge.

No it doesn't. Signing a body just because he plays the correct position is a terrible way to go about business. It's how you end up with Wout Weghorst starting every game.

Also we literally have 2 fit RW options and 4 others that can cover there currently. And that's not counting Antony or Amad who is injured.

No it doesn't. Signing a body just because he plays the correct position is a terrible way to go about business. It's how you end up with Wout Weghorst starting every game.

Also we literally have 2 fit RW options and 4 others that can cover there currently. And that's not counting Antony or Amad who is injured.
We have one natural right winger fit, we have another whom is seemingly in the dog house.
The rest are injured long term.

We need cover, getting an experienced body in as short term cover really isn't that stupid an idea.

Anyhow it seems a moot point as I get the impression that Mount will be back sooner rather than later and EtH trusts Garnacho to fill in if needed too.

People laughed at this rumors yet it was brought by the first tier source. You people might wonder if the club saw the negative backlash from the fans and reneged the decision, it wont be the first time they did it either.

I hope they keep an eye out for Nusa
I'm sure his name came up during Solskjærs reign. He would be a good fit here and won't cost too much. 18 years, Ronaldo fan, can play on both sides, aggressive, good pace and control. Just decking do it.

Until Diallo is back I’d start Garnacho on the right as on the right he’d be very direct as will Pellestri, all three are young and hungry and the exuberance of youth means they’ll play with no fear which is exactly what we need instead of steady players being overly safe.

In the summer move Sancho on and bring Olise in as he has potential to be brilliant and has an end product as well as being PL proven which for me is massively important, one thing we used to do brilliantly was buy PL proven players so we were dominant domestically first and foremost.

People laughed at this rumors yet it was brought by the first tier source. You people might wonder if the club saw the negative backlash from the fans and reneged the decision, it wont be the first time they did it either.

Absolute shame that football and the world in general is going like this. We cannot have this situation where everyone seems to think everything is round tabled and their first thought is not to simply disagree with something - but to feel they are entitled to ‘do something about it’. It’s getting ridiculous.

There are of course times where people need to come together to condemn things, but now people feel that they need to come together to protest the change in recipe of tomato ketchup or whatever. Buy it or don’t. This idea where fans feel that every transfer rumour is an invitation for a Twitter ballot is ridiculous.

Likely unaffordable but Moussa Diaby would be the best option when he has acclimated in Birmingham. Should have gone after him over Antony tbh

Could this guy be the answer?

LntMHY0.png

pjDgjt1.png

Might even be available for as low as €60m.

Last edited:
Source which did not confirm Uniteds interest

People in meltdown at our situation with Sancho and Antony, yet vast majority havent been happy with either an dthink they have bee awful.

Also been a lot of poor Pellestri never gets anoterh chance, Amad has to be in the first team afterr his loan, Garnacho needs to start can he play on the right?

So on the positive side, I just hope we are not seeing something like Fernandes or Mount when back played on the right. As hopefully now we see some of these younger players getting chaces, not sure Pellestri/Amad are good enough to start just as I am not sure ANtony is a flop, think he is talented....but he has had plenty of chances, the youngsters havent and only by playing do we get to see if there undoubted talent can be matched and they can take these opportunities.

We may need to be selling all four players. I always thought we shoul dhave considered a SAncho sale in the summer as plenty of options on the two flanks and the personal ossues shouldnt have been all about sympathy but brutally another reason to sell......especially when we didnt rase much this summer. We may well need to be selling all four of our right wingers come the summer. That may not be a bad thing as even with our poor sales record....it buys a new right winger and Shea Lacey could be close to a second option then.

But we shouldnt be looking nto the RW market in January when we have all these options until we know if any/all may or may not be good enough.

I do want to see Pellestri given chancs in the short term personally

Our right side was completely invisible today. Totally neglected.

Right winger? Think we need a left winger as well
Just left-wing? I think we need an LW, RW, CDM, and a CB to be competitive, assuming Hojlund is any good. Otherwise, we need a FW as well. And that along with the change of the manager, now that Glazers aren't going away.
Long shot.

Right winger? Think we need a left winger as well
Which is bad because we’re stacked for left wingers, they’re just all shocking or not ready yet. Garnacho should be it in a few years time. As for the right wing, as long as we still have ETH then he ain’t giving up on a 90m winger that’s one of his favourites.

Probably because we didn’t play with a right winger..: played more of a diamond with 2 up top.

So we played with two up top but attacked exclusively down the left? As I said, our right side was invisible.

Hoping Amad can return soon and impress! He definitely has that little extra. Pellistri should have been given a chance against Brighton.

I just hate it when we have players that play in a natural position, and because of fear you start with players like McTominay instead who offer absolutely nothing, and has proven that over years. We have options - time to use them.

Still plays on the left for Wolves - also isnt he quite good with both feet?

I do rate him too, but we dont want 3 players that mainly plays on the left
Aren't about eight of them currently not playing for us?!

None have pace. He has pace. Imagine trying to play transition football with no quick players.

Aren't about eight of them currently not playing for us?!

None have pace. He has pace. Imagine trying to play transition football with no quick players.

We need to start letting the ball do the running for us rather than relying on a sprint team. A little bit harder to do, but far more effective.

So we played with two up top but attacked exclusively down the left? As I said, our right side was invisible.
Ye because Rashford who can play ST but loves to drift to the left so he can shoot which is what he kept doing.

Ye because Rashford who can play ST but loves to drift to the left so he can shoot which is what he kept doing.

I’m aware, I saw. Which is my point. We had a threat from the left, but not from the right.

Hoping Amad can return soon and impress! He definitely has that little extra. Pellistri should have been given a chance against Brighton.

I just hate it when we have players that play in a natural position, and because of fear you start with players like McTominay instead who offer absolutely nothing, and has proven that over years. We have options - time to use them.
It doesn't make any sense. The club's mantra is youth, courage, success but the manager chooses to play McTominay ahead of Pellistri at home to Brighton. We want our young attackers to be brave and take chances but how do you instill that belief in them when the manager himself is too afraid to give them the opportunity? It's so backwards.

It doesn't make any sense. The club's mantra is youth, courage, success but the manager chooses to play McTominay ahead of Pellistri at home to Brighton. We want our young attackers to be brave and take chances but how do you instill that belief in them when the manager himself is too afraid to give them the opportunity? It's so backwards.

It makes absolutely no sense. "Fear leads to the dark side" to paraphrase Yoda.

I can understand playing away against Arsenal, City, Bayern etc that you approach the game with caution. However, at home playing in front of your supporters, you go for it. You give chance to youth because that's been a mantra for this club, as you say, and the manager has said he trusts Pellistri, but then he doesn't play him.

It truly boggles my mind, and it makes us much worse.

It makes absolutely no sense. "Fear leads to the dark side" to paraphrase Yoda.

I can understand playing away against Arsenal, City, Bayern etc that you approach the game with caution. However, at home playing in front of your supporters, you go for it. You give chance to youth because that's been a mantra for this club, as you say, and the manager has said he trusts Pellistri, but then he doesn't play him.

It truly boggles my mind, and it makes us much worse.

You give a chance to talented youth, if you have the talent you play. The issue I have with Pellistri is I don't think he has the talent or else as with seen with Garnacho and even Mainoo Ten Hag would play him.

I wonder how Pedro Neto will recover from his injury. He looked very good at one point.
I think we have enough players we could and should give a go before we buy more. Bruno or Mount, Sancho with one last chance. Amad, Pelestri maybe Garnacho?
Some are a bit of a stretch. It just wouldn't be my first priority if the window was open today.

Pedro Neto has started the season very well.
In Spain Takefusa Kubo has scored three in four and caused Madrid all kinds of problems yesterday.

These would be my two targets.

You give a chance to talented youth, if you have the talent you play. The issue I have with Pellistri is I don't think he has the talent or else as with seen with Garnacho and even Mainoo Ten Hag would play him.
Maybe Pellistri isn't the same level of talent as Mainoo or Garnacho but there is something there. It would've be nice if he was given the opportunity to showcase what he can or can't do when there was no other viable alternative in his position last game.

If we're going to talk about talent, Scott McTominay has none and has accumulated over 200 appearances for Manchester United. Not only was he the player keeping Pellistri out against Brighton, but we also shunted Bruno wide to accomodate that change. It was a loser on multiple counts.

We need to start letting the ball do the running for us rather than relying on a sprint team. A little bit harder to do, but far more effective.
It's not because fast players beat you to the ball. It doesn't go into the net on it's own.