The right winger market…

Give Pellestri & Diallo a decent run of games.
We don`t have any cash anyway so who are people expecting we sign in Jan exactly?

Anyone made the joke that all the Right-Wingers were in Manchester on Saturday but none were at Old Trafford?

With the type of striker we have, we may need a right-footed right winger. Unless we had a very creative right back I guess.

He’s been largely injured. He was far from shit before his injuries, then shit for a while after them, and now seems to be returning to the levels shown before injuries.
Injury prone and inconsistent? I'm surprised we haven't signed him already!

Injury prone and inconsistent? I'm surprised we haven't signed him already!

I guess you can spin anything how you want if you’re determined to, which it appears you are! We’re talking about a player who was 20 years old here.

With the type of striker we have, we may need a right-footed right winger. Unless we had a very creative right back I guess.
I agree with you on this.
Our wingers don’t create enough goal scoring opportunities for other players. Playing with inverted wingers invites them to go inside and take a shot. Of course it also depends on the player as well, but Rashford, Antony and Garnacho all have this kind of trademark.

The first thing I would do would be to switch Antony to the left side. Then why not try Garnacho on the right? I think it would suit both of them. Perhaps it makes them more unpredictable?
I would also alternate between having two central strikers or not, maybe playing Bruno on the right.

The only right answer here is Olise. He was the right answer before we signed Anthony and he still is. Every other option has a lower ceiling in comparison to him

No chance should the manager get another load of cash for a position he’s spent massively on. He should get afew seasons grace from real judgement on Antony and that’s it, coupled with cash for the other unaddressed weak areas of the team.

No chance should the manager get another load of cash for a position he’s spent massively on. He should get afew seasons grace from real judgement on Antony and that’s it, coupled with cash for the other unaddressed weak areas of the team.
Absolutely baffling it’s been considered..

2020 - Amad, Pellistri
2021 - Sancho
2022 - Antony
2023 - Mount

All right wingers/forwards, Mount being the slight exception as he’s more of a 10 but he played as a right forward for Chelsea more than he did as an 8.

I really hope we go for Mbeumo. Really good player and can also fill in up front if needed.

Would tick a lot of boxes IMO. The type of player Liverpool buy and then we all scratch our heads why we didn't.

I guess you can spin anything how you want if you’re determined to, which it appears you are! We’re talking about a player who was 20 years old here.
I'm being facetious as our last investments into the right wing have been disaster after disaster

If I was Wolves I wouldn't be selling us Neto for £60m. If we want him we'd pay £10-20m more and they know it, especially if he keeps these performances up.
With Arsenal supposedly interested, I wouldn't be surprised if they demand more if we went for him.

I personally think we should be looking for players like Nusa or Lorran, that have a lot of scope for development and way more within our budget for Jan.

He would be worth it, especially because he can perform well on either side.

At this point it'd feel safer going for someone who can't and has never played on the left at all! :lol: If nothing else it'd safe us from the excuses/hypotheticals of them being better on the left.

I think at this point we need a solid if unspectacular signing on the right who’ll be a 7/10 every week rather than a 9/10 one week then 3/10 for the following 7-8 games, I think Olise at Palace fits that role perfectly as he’s hard working and consistent whilst at a good age with potential to be brilliant.

Right now. For me. Clearly Pedro Neto

In short words:

Pedro Netro :
+ high end product
+ Consistent
+ Keep it simple but effective
+ Sharp
+ Good and precise left foot

I was really impress of him. First time i saw him, playing in premier league. His explosive in the first metres and his top speed with the ball. And the boy keep it simple.
I haven't change mine mind yet. About him. Still few seasons after. The conistent there. Both football skill and mentality.

United and Ten Hag shall go for Pedro Neto. My best recommendation

Neto - Bruno - Rashford + Højlund = will look really good and dangerous.

At this moment. To comparison. Neto is easily a better and more effective RW than Antony. Clear as day. The consistent of Neto.
More conistent and has a higher end product level and abilities are reasons why i rate Neto over Antony.

Buy Antonio Nusa and put him on the right - the guy will be a world beater. He is probably available for £10-15 million

If we choose not to splurge in the mercato (some murmurs that money will be tight in the upcoming winter window), Shea Lacey could be a workable medium term solution (as he continues to develop, particularly in terms of physical conditioning, in-game application and decision-making, and tactical rigour as well). Yes, the future is full of uncertainties and we probably shouldn't put the cart before the horse for a youth player who has some ways to go yet, but the lad is genuinely exciting (our version of Foden or Saka in terms of pure potential), the prospect of him linking up with Højlund, Rashford, Garnacho is doubly exciting, and, if all goes well, he could realitistically be ready to take the “next step” in 18 months or so. Rashford, whatshisface, Garnacho (he did get the final impetus at United), Lacey — a veritable conveyor belt of offensive talent; there must be something in the water, surely!

We’re just cursed at right wing aren’t we?

I have no enthusiasm for anyone we might sign there at this point:lol:

Is he even a RW ? Because most comps I've seen about him were when he played on the left.

No he isn't - but he is so good on the ball, he can probably play left, central and right....and besides...his talent is so big we can't allow him to go to another club.

Buy Antonio Nusa and put him on the right - the guy will be a world beater. He is probably available for £10-15 million
That’s to sensible for our club to do. Have to be worth over 70m for us to buy them.

I think at this point we need a solid if unspectacular signing on the right who’ll be a 7/10 every week rather than a 9/10 one week then 3/10 for the following 7-8 games, I think Olise at Palace fits that role perfectly as he’s hard working and consistent whilst at a good age with potential to be brilliant.
Probably cost upwards of 70m. Would be decent signing though. I’d say either him or Neto should be first 2 choices. Both know the league inside out.

Such a dearth of left footed players on the right that any one decent would cost you a bomb. Dearth of strikers, dearth of right wingers, dearth of top class Cb’s, dearth of deep lying playmakers. What happened football? What have you become? Where are your Rivaldos and Giggs and Robbens? Where are your Figos and Beckhams even Valencias?

Such a dearth of left footed players on the right that any one decent would cost you a bomb. Dearth of strikers, dearth of right wingers, dearth of top class Cb’s, dearth of deep lying playmakers. What happened football? What have you become? Where are your Rivaldos and Giggs and Robbens? Where are your Figos and Beckhams even Valencias?

Beckhams in a midfield 3, Valencia's at RB,/RWB, Giggs is at LB/LWB.

Micheal Olise over neto or other options I see here. I dont see neto single handledly breaking low blocks by beating 2 or 3 men at once. Olise is going to be the next big thing the moment he gets to a big club. I see Liverpool picking him up to replace salah and he will cook. Sell sancho and top up before going all out for him. Can beat a man both ways, can cross, can pass...only thing he needs is to add goals to his game...but thats a bonus for the RW, not his main requirement

Beckham is de bruyne, Giggs is Sane.

Possibly. Giggs could be anything he wanted in the modern game to be fair. Best LWB in the world, or a cultured #8 with the added ability to dribble through the centre, or a number 10 with freedom in the attacking third. Inverted winger from the right is just one of the roles he could have played, and not necessarily where'd he'd be best suited imo. But, given the scarcity of quality left footed attacking players I suppose it's likely coaches would have played him RW and tried to mould him into that role a bit more.

He'll cost 2-3 times that next year, maybe more. Club Brügge rejected a £26 million (€30m) offer from Chelsea in the summer. Doubt they would consider anything less than €40 million next year after he has become a full international, and they might not even consider that.

He'll cost 2-3 times that next year, maybe more. Club Brügge rejected a £26 million (€30m) offer from Chelsea in the summer. Doubt they would consider anything less than €40 million next year after he has become a full international, and they might not even consider that.
I will be surprised if he leaves for less than £40m in the summer for EPL clubs. 40 to 50m is the going rate for anyone decent in EPL now and "wonder kids" will cost way more than that.