The right winger market…

We've just wasted obscene money on Sancho and Antony. It's ridiculous how we continue to waste money.
I think it's difficult to blame the club for these, you backed out of Sancho and ended up waiting a year for his price to come down and at the time he was one of the hottest prospects in Europe, any club would have been over the moon to get him. As for Antony, yes you overpaid, but he was desperate to come to United and no one could have forseen the difficulties he is in now.

i want to think it's just a BS story but then we did sign Weggy last season... :nervous:

Yeah Ten Hag is going to get sacked because of shit like this. My god his talent ID sucks AND we gave him almost full autonomy on transfers.

Sad, because I actually think he's a very good manager/coach.

Should have never been his responsibility in the first place considering we have DoF now.

Can we just stop listening to Ten Hag on transfers? What an infuriating rumour.

I hope this is BS, someone at club should actually have a word with EtH and Murtough. These are the times you expect one of your young player step up, especially the young player who is starting for good enough NT and did well in limited mins he got.

Sack Murtough, He clearly doesnt understand the role of DoF. He was supposed to be ETH direct superior but he turned into his lackey instead.

This guy couldn't make it as a starter for PSV last season. If this is true EtH is digging his own grave

I mean it would be funny to see the meltdown but fecking hell, El Ghazi :lol:

Takes a mean penalty and um...runs a lot?

Even entertaining this idea is a sackable offence for both Ten Hag and Murtough.

This is pathetic, if true, though no doubt some will find a way to defend even this.

El Ghazi :lol: :lol:

This is pathetic, if true, though no doubt some will find a way to defend even this.

El Ghazi :lol: :lol:

It’s a joke… The worst thing is though his G/A would probably be better than Sancho & Antony.

On a short term deal, I suppose it could be worse? :nervous:

We've just wasted obscene money on Sancho and Antony. It's ridiculous how we continue to waste money.

I actually don't think it could be worse. Both the optics and from a quality point of view. I'd rather have Sancho hide on the field than see El Ghazi play for us.

I'd rather see a kid be tried and fail than whatever this is.

Truth is, think people are kidding themselves hoping the likes of Pellistri and Amad will make it under Ten Hag, I'd be gobsmacked, simply don't think he fancies them at all. Think he'd probably bring in some dreadful bloke to plug a hole in midfield than give Hannibal chances too.

Are we even allowed to sign El Ghazi? I'm pretty sure you can only sign free agents outside a transfer window if they became free agents before the end of the previous window.

That's why Ronaldo couldn't join Al-Nassr until January after his contract was terminated in November.

The reports are that El Ghazi's contract was terminated on 4th September; a few days after the Dutch window closed. That means only clubs whose windows are still open (e.g. Turkey and Saudi Arabia) can currently sign him. Other clubs have to wait until January.

I see the moaners are out in full force again :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

We need cover, options are limited, makes sense.
But don't let that get in the way of a good whinge.

Ducker says that we were offered him, so I'm just viewing this as his agent trying to take an opportunity on Sancho and Antony's situation, rather than us having any genuine interest. I hope.

What's the point of having squad and also young players if we are going to loan and sign Free agents the moment we have players unavailable.

Are we even allowed to sign El Ghazi? I'm pretty sure you can only sign free agents outside a transfer window if they became free agents before the end of the previous window.

That's why Ronaldo couldn't join Al-Nassr until January after his contract was terminated in November.

The reports are that El Ghazi's contract was terminated on 4th September; a few days after the Dutch window closed. That means only clubs whose windows are still open (e.g. Turkey and Saudi Arabia) can currently sign him. Other clubs have to wait until January.
You are completely right, FIFA would not allow us to sign him before January. It’s just yet another example of football journalists making stuff up and not knowing the rules which easily expose their made up stories.

It makes zero sense whatsoever to sign Anwar El-Ghazi in any capacity for Manchester United. We could be down to 10 players in the entire squad and it would still make zero sense. If he was the last right winger on planet earth, it would STILL make no sense.

What's the point of having squad and also young players if we are going to loan and sign Free agents the moment we have players unavailable.
To be fair it's a fairly extreme situation the club finds itself in,
We have Pellistri as the only natural right sided player available, we need cover so can see why the club are exploring options.

It makes zero sense whatsoever to sign Anwar El-Ghazi in any capacity for Manchester United. We could be down to 10 players in the entire squad and it would still make zero sense. If he was the last right winger on planet earth, it would STILL make no sense.
The club obviously agrees, but we need cover so it makes sense to weigh up our options and find said cover as a short term fix.
At least that would make sense to me anyhow.

To be fair it's a fairly extreme situation the club finds itself in,
We have Pellistri as the only natural right sided player available, we need cover so can see why the club are exploring options.

We have versatile players, Bruno has played as RW last year, Mount also played as RW for Chelsea. Now that we have added Amrabat, one of them will play as RW. That's a decent options.

Anyways this is a nothing story, his contract was terminated on Sept 4th, which means after transfer window was closed, so he can't sign until Jan. Won't be considered as usual free agents who didn't have club during transfer window.

Thank goodness. Mount, Pellistri, Garnacho should be given opportunities to stake their claim to the position. Might get more threat and output from those 3 than Antony or Sancho ever gave us.

We have versatile players, Bruno has played as RW last year, Mount also played as RW for Chelsea. Now that we have added Amrabat, one of them will play as RW. That's a decent options.

Anyways this is a nothing story, his contract was terminated on Sept 4th, which means after transfer window was closed, so he can't sign until Jan. Won't be considered as usual free agents who didn't have club during transfer window.
Yeah, hopefully this line of thinking means Mount will be back fairly quickly from his injury, I can see him slotting in well there.

As you say, Bruno can certainly do a job there, especially with Amrabat able to provide cover through the middle as well.

Talk about a real shit time for Amad to be out.

Personally I'd just start Garnacho on the right for like 3 games in a row. His style should work as a traditional winger

Always awkward for the top reds who defend every move when the story suddenly reverses.

Quite rightly we were never interested because he's not good enough. We have senior options who can do a job there and we have prospects who need chances. The whole point of keeping Amad and Pellestri around was to give them game time where possible.