Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Come and See would definitely be in my top 5 war movies. And FMJ obviously. Deer Hunter, Apocalypse and Paths of Glory would be the others.

Come and See was too harsh. I thought it was a brilliant anti-war film, though. The forest scene was amazing.

I doubt you'd get addicted. Hardly heroine.

I'd go as far as saying. . .you've not really seen Apocalypse till you watched it stoned.

Best War Movies:

Apocalypse Now
(AN is in a league of its own)
Deer Hunter
The Guns Of Navarone
Where Eagles Dare

Considering how much Spoony seems to wank over Das Boot, I may infact watch it again to know what the fuss is about

Good war based movies I've seen are Schindler and Pianist

Guns Of Navarone was one of my fave films until I watched it again very recently. Once the nostalgia had worn off I realised it wasn't actually very good.

The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie. My first by Bunuel. Didn't think it was surreal as I imagined it to be. Basically it was a film filled with dreams(and nightmares) of middle class French people. I really enjoyed it. Very accessible. Would recommend it to anyone wanting to get into Bunuel's work. I suspect the others won't be as accessible.

The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie. My first by Bunuel. Didn't think it was surreal as I imagined it to be. Basically it was a film filled with dreams(and nightmares) of middle class French people. I really enjoyed it. Very accessible. Would recommend it to anyone wanting to get into Bunuel's work. I suspect the others won't be as accessible.
Saw Discreet Charm a few years back. Good movie if I remember. Don't think I've seen many other Bunuel films.

Guns Of Navarone was one of my fave films until I watched it again very recently. Once the nostalgia had worn off I realised it wasn't actually very good.

Loved that film as a kid but I suspect I would agree with you if I watched it now.

Watched Rush Hour 3. Plot and story were really week, but Tucker is funny. Jackie's stunts are fun as well.

Get stoned. Watch Apocalypse. Don't listen to Mehro. He drinks. . .and is a hypocrite. Say no to drugs. . .except er. . . alcohol.

Saw - Very good. As the movie started I realised I had actually seen a fair amount of it before in one of those movies that you see on TV in running...

Goes on a downward curve as the movie progresses but not on a significant one to ruin its potential

Die Hard 4.0 Remove brain, relax and enjoy a couple of hours of excellent action. Brillantly entertaining. What more could you want? Unless you are looking for deep that is. My 8 year old classified it as "Nearly as good as Transformers". High praise indeed. Yipiyiyah Motherfeckers 8/10

Get stoned. Watch Apocalypse. Don't listen to Mehro. He drinks. . .and is a hypocrite. Say no to drugs. . .except er. . . alcohol.

I have watched that film sober, stoned (a long time ago) and drunk. Works in every event.

The one and only time I took speed I couldn't sleep so I made the mistake of watching Poltergeist in the dark. I nearly hit the ceiling every time there was a scary bit.

I watched Oasis(Korean) last night. Well half of it. An ex con/social misfit falls in love with a girl with cerebral palsy. . .suffice to say, I couldn't take much more of it. The film itself was really well paced and easy to watch and I actually enjoyed it, but the overacting by the girl with cerebral palsy was really off putting, nevermind the storyline being as far fetched as it gets. Although, I could have got it all wrong. I'll finish it off tonight.

Word up. Spaz-love fo'life.

Fudoh The New Generation - Takeshi Mikke.

Fantastic. Yakuza film, but in a comic book/anime/manga style. If you loved Ichi, then I think you'll like this - I certainly did.

I've only ever seen the 4 hour redux version of Apocalpse Now. Even spread over 2 sittings it got tedious.