Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Big lebowski for sure. Not sure about Fight Club or FMJ fitting in there. I'd say the movie would need a lot of "Who gives a feck?" kinda attitude to fit the category.

Big lebowski for sure. Not sure about Fight Club or FMJ fitting in there. I'd say the movie would need a lot of "Who gives a feck?" kinda attitude to fit the category.

In film

The defining contemporary portrayal of Nihilism as a central theme is arguably Fight Club, usually expressed by the antagonist's credo "It is only after we have lost everything that we are free to do anything." However, while the makers of the movie may have meant this to be nihilist, it references more closely the Existential belief that free will is infinite responsibility. The film describes the unnamed narrator's disillusionment with the search for meaning in consumerist emasculated society, and his subsequent Nietzschean reaction.

In film

The defining contemporary portrayal of Nihilism as a central theme is arguably Fight Club, usually expressed by the antagonist's credo "It is only after we have lost everything that we are free to do anything." However, while the makers of the movie may have meant this to be nihilist, it references more closely the Existential belief that free will is infinite responsibility. The film describes the unnamed narrator's disillusionment with the search for meaning in consumerist emasculated society, and his subsequent Nietzschean reaction.

Yeah, FC is the best fit.

:lol:

I deleted loads of films from my list because I thought they were more post apocalyptic than dystopian, bu tI guess loads fall under both.

Yes. Thing is, post apocalyptic is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Mad Max. But it's dystopian, too, as it's not exactly utopian.

Let me know what you think, I'm on the verge of ordering it on DVD.
as Spoony said, if you like movies like Eternal Sunshine or Being John Malkovich, you would enjoy it. Though I thought Gondry didn't do full justice to this one, he could have done better.