Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

I didn't enjoy Inland Empire, found the whole experience to be more like an endurance test. And I thought you had already seen it.

mehro, you have to understand that there is something deafeningly awful about songs and dances in those Bollywood movies for the european ears. No disrespect, or anything though, it is just like that.

It depends on what movie you're watching. Like I said, I recommend you watch at least one of Water, Mr. and Mrs. Iyer, 3 walls and Bombay. Bombay has a few songs but they're by the brilliant A R Rehman and you can just skip them if you don't like them.

I liked Dumplings. Cut seems to have no subs. Box looked lovely. . .as for Imprint. .very good, shame about the American bloke's acting. Both his films looked gorgeous, as well. Mikke is a brilliant director.

He is. And he is getting better it seems.

The guy did act bad, but it didnt matter too much for me as I was stunned by the movie. I watched it well into the night, just after Clockwork Orange.

I didnt get Dumpling at all. I had Hungarian subtitles so I could follow Cut.

He is. And he is getting better it seems.

The guy did act bad, but it didnt matter too much for me as I was stunned by the movie. I watched it well into the night, just after Clockwork Orange.

I didnt get Dumpling at all. I had Hungarian subtitles so I could follow Cut.

Dumpling was about vanity and the length people go to preserving or improving their looks. spoilerish: (The dumplings contained aborted fetus')

It was a bit too Roald Dahl-ish for me, up untill the last scene.

Fair enough. Chris Doyle was the cinematographer. He gets around doesn't he. Thought Box looked the nicest, though. Imprint and Box both had striking visuals. His older stuff wasn't as impressive, visually. That said, Ichi looked amazing.

Fair enough. Chris Doyle was the cinematographer. He gets around doesn't he. Thought Box looked the nicest, though. Imprint and Box both had striking visuals. His older stuff wasn't as impressive, visually. That said, Ichi looked amazing.

Yeah he improves definetely. I liked the scenic photography in Bird People too.

Zatoichi vol 11: Zatoichi and The Doomed Man. Good movie in that it differs slightly from the other Zatoichis. In this one, there is no one person who has a vendetta against Zatoichi and wants to kill him personally. Very good ending fight scene where Ichi takes on about 30 people.

You've seen Bird People??????! mines still downloading.

What did you think of it?

Yeah, I did...not: I fell asleep 50 minutes in as it was really late, so I will have to watch it again. It is interesting, but I wouldnt say more, it would be unfair. I had issues with one of the actors though.

But the scenery is beautiful.

It is constantly in flux. A Top 100 in no specific order would be fairer.

Clockwork Orange
Eraserhead
Throne of Blood
Empire Strikes Back
Repo Man

(+Imprint at the moment)

But if you asked me 5 minutes later it would be completely different.

My top 5:

Clockwork Orange
Godfather 2
Rear Window
Elephant Man
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Although I could just as easily have named 5 Kubrick movies for my top 5.

Dr. Strangelove
Full Metal jacket
Clockwork Orange
The Killing
Paths of Glory

My top 5:

Clockwork Orange
Godfather 2
Rear Window
Elephant Man
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Although I could just as easily have named 5 Kubrick movies for my top 5.

Dr. Strangelove
Full Metal jacket
Clockwork Orange
The Killing
Paths of Glory

I would have chosen Shining over Paths of Glory.

Damn hard game.

Top 5 is impossible.

But probably something like this:

Godfather 1/2
Ran
Solyaris
In the Mood for Love
Das Boot

Lets' try something different. Lynch, Leone and Spielberg. Make your top 5 by them combined.

Elephant Man (Lynch)
Schindler's List (Spielberg)
Once Upon a Time in the West (Leone)
Raiders of the lost Ark(Spielberg)
For a few Dollars More (Leone)

Too bad Petersen became such a Hollywood whore. Konchalovsky could get out, although he is not as good as he was before.(He is filming here in Budapest though)

I thought Das Boot was magnificent. Not seen a better war film. The Deer Hunter and Apocalypse run it close, though. I have ordered Come and See and Brotherhood. Oh and is Stalingrad any good?

Lets' try something different. Lynch, Leone and Spielberg. Make you top 5 by them combined.

Elephant Man (Lynch)
Schindler's List (Spielberg)
Once Upon a Time in the West (Leone)
Raiders of the lost Ark(Spielberg)
For a few Dollars More (Leone)

Eraserhead
Blue Velvet
Lost Highway
Duel
Fistful of Dollars

The Hitcher (that version with Rutger Hauer)
The Sting
Las Vegas Parano
Session 9
Exorcist
Seven

I loved the Conversation. I'm sure Salvation will have something to say about that.

Haven't seen THX 1138. Lucas hasn't directed enough movies although he's written some brilliant ones. Anyone know why he didn't direct anything in between for 20 years?

I loved the Conversation. I'm sure Salvation will have something to say about that.

Haven't seen THX 1138. Lucas hasn't directed enough movies although he's written some brilliant ones. Anyone know why he didn't direct anything in between for 20 years?

Because he got too involved in the business side of SW.

Fantastic visual director. THX was so much ahead of its time.

The new DVD has a nice documentary on the whole San Fransisco scene.