Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Bottom of the list, Doc. If it gets too long we might just boot you off. ;)

I have the support of El presidente, mehro.

don't make me send you to the newbies. ;)

oh, and RAN was a cinematic tour de force.

Anyone ever watch Kurosawa's film Dreams? Some wonderful vignettes in that one.

Maybe I should rewatch it, havent seen it in years. Watched the Seventh Seal from Bergman though last night.

Yes, watch it again. I thought it was very well paced and easy to follow, not too aggressive or overwhelming. Cinematically, it was a masterpiece and all, I can honestly say it's as good as anything I've seen in that department, too. I'm actually thinking of watching Kagemusha again.

What did you think of Seventh Seal?

I have the support of El presidente, mehro.

don't make me send you to the newbies. ;)

oh, and RAN was a cinematic tour de force.

Anyone ever watch Kurosawa's film Dreams? Some wonderful vignettes in that one.

You should post in here more regularly, you daft sod.

Favourite Kurosawa then?

It has. The one with Scorcese is brilliant for example.

my favourite was the one in the little village..with the funeral procession.

it looked so beautiful that it made me want to give up the modern world and live there.

You should post in here more regularly, you daft sod.

Favourite Kurosawa then?

Sanjuro, but I have a soft spot for Samurai movies and I haven't seen too many of his films. Should see Seven Samurai, which would probably become my favourite film of all time.

I know, Spoons, I am a daft sod...I'm working on getting more posts in, but for now I've got to get back to work.

T'was good to e-see y'all again.

Yes, watch it again. I thought it was very well paced and easy to follow, not too aggressive or overwhelming. Cinematically, it was a masterpiece and all, I can honestly say it's as good as anything I've seen in that department, too. I'm actually thinking of watching Kagemusha again.

What did you think of Seventh Seal?

I've seen it before, I watched because of the sad news this week. I've always rated Bergman more as a scriptwriter than a director, but this one is beautifully done too. You would like it, I reckon.

Sanjuro, but I have a soft spot for Samurai movies and I haven't seen too many of his films. Should see Seven Samurai, which would probably become my favourite film of all time.

I know, Spoons, I am a daft sod...I'm working on getting more posts in, but for now I've got to get back to work.

T'was good to e-see y'all again.

Seven Samurai is brilliant. Ran's my fav thus far, though.

I've seen it before, I watched because of the sad news this week. I've always rated Bergman more as a scriptwriter than a director, but this one is beautifully done too. You would like it, I reckon.

Seen it, Cinc. I liked it. Might watch Wild Strawberries tonight.

Am I the only one who found the jester in Ran incredibly annoying? I liked the film but not more than Seven Samurai.

I found Seven Samurai a harder watch. . .which will probably surprise most people. And I didn't mind the jester at all. Thing is directors lighten films up with these types of characters. In Seven Samurai Kikuchiyo(?), was the joker. I think both films would've been too harsh without those characters. I reckon if Kurosawa made Seven Samurai in the 70's + that it probably would've been as good cinematically. Both great films.

Gandhi?

Not really - I think it was "The Party"

he he he. Fred The Bin Dipper would've taken that literally.

Just checked he was called 'Hrundi V. Bakshi'. Remember it being hilarious. Would recommend it to the Indians on here. . .I think they'll love it.

he he he. Fred The Bin Dipper would've taken that literally.

Just checked he was called 'Hrundi V. Bakshi'. Remember it being hilarious. Would recommend it to the Indians on here. . .I think they'll love it.

It is The Party

Talking of movies with Indianness, why was Bend It Like Beckham such a huge grosser in the UK? I found it cringeworthy

Yes, but you'll get the humour of it the first time around too. There are lot more going on though, so that might need repeats.

Excellent

I'm watching this in a few moments

I haven't seen BILB. . .nor will I ever do so. Most of the highest grossing films are pretty lame. Probably helped that it had Beckham in the title.

I may have watched like half an hour of it

Sports and movies rarely work. Unless ofcourse it's boxing

Of course is two words.

Raging Bull and Rocky are both classics. Cinderella Man's a good watch, too, though not their league. As for other sports. . . Shoalin Soccer? but it's hardly the same thing, I guess. When We Were Kings is a brilliant sport-doc, by the way and a must for Ali fans.

You liked Shaolin Soccer? Probably the most clueless Academy nomination that I've seen. Another highly rated sports related gibberish was Jerry Maguire

I found Million Dollar Baby worthwhile too. The first 4 Rocky movies were good, the remaining 2 weren't