Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Anymore that look like Ghost in the Shell? I just love that cyperpunk look that was defined by Blade Runner.

Indeed. This whole city in Blade Runner was the best ever...

Ever watched Nirvana with Chrisopher Lambert ?

:gay:

You are getting too mellow in old age. That movie was crap, concept wasn't bad but characters had no depth at all.

It wasn't oscar material but it was competent and some of the performances where pretty good. The fat bloke in particular. The kid was crap and Garner was ordinary. I see so much crap these days that a film that doesn't make me hate it instantly is a rarity I guess.

It wasn't oscar material but it was competent and some of the performances where pretty good. The fat bloke in particular. The kid was crap and Garner was ordinary. I see so much crap these days that a film that doesn't make me hate it instantly is a rarity I guess.

That fat bloke was Kevin Smith, director of Clerks and others.

No.

And I meant, do you know of any other animes, that have a Blade Runner style look?

I didn't find that type of anime yet, to be honest.

There are many cyber-punk anime with androids, but none of them can match with Blade Runner's style.

I thought Ghost in the Shell had that look.

In some aspects, indeed but it will never be a same style of classic like Blade Runner.

Blade Runner had much better background, Philip K. Dick wrote the whole story and it was really deep with all details.

I don't think any of these japanese directors will bring the old Blade Runner style fully alive in anime.

Plus this Vangelis soundtrack... :drool:

To fully satisfy this need of good cyberpunk, they should make anime movie called "Blade Runner". That would be awesome with this amazing technique of making animation looking real, but if it be the same ?

In some aspects, indeed but it will never be a same style of classic like Blade Runner.

Blade Runner had much better background, Philip K. Dick wrote the whole story and it was really deep with all details.

I don't think any of these japanese directors will bring the old Blade Runner style fully alive in anime.

Plus this Vangelis soundtrack... :drool:

To fully satisfy this need of good cyberpunk, they should make anime movie called "Blade Runner". That would be awesome with this amazing technique of making animation looking real, but if it be the same ?

Obviously it's not the same. Aesthetically they are pretty similar, and both are set in a Dystopian future, which by definition is cyberpunk. Not sure there would be any point in remaking Blade Runner(anime), but I like the way anime has been influenced by Blade Runner. . .

Hmm... Maybe You should record it to the other type of dvd. We know that every DVD player do not accept some of the dvd's firms like esperanza or verbatim and many more...

Thanks for the link.

I've just ordered them off Play. £7.99 for 1 and 2(3 Disc set). Seeing as they're DTS and have jaw dropping graphics, I think I'm better off buying the originals.

The Fonz once famously said 'All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain'

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe:
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion;
I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate."

Zatoichi vol 10: Zatoichi's Revenge

Basically the same plot as the first 9 in the series, but with a few tweaks. By now you'd think they'd be boring as shit, but this one was enjoyable to watch. Watching Ichi kill 30 people in one go never gets old.

Vertigo

Not sure why it's rated so highly. Could've had a case had it been a huge hit in its time but it wasn't. Expected a lot, was hugely let down

Harry Potter and the Order Of Phoenix

Completely rubbish. It'll take some doing to beat the rubbishness of this adaptation. Absolutely no plot line, just highlights of the book which are also omitted to glory. SFX of new characters and creatures is well done, which is it's only saving grace

Memories of Murder. Based on a true story of a serial killer, who murdered 10 females. Film was very faithful, apparently. . . which was to its credit(take note Hollywood). Good film, can't complain really. Oh and Life on Mars virtually plagiarised it. feck's sake!!

I haven't seen any of that, except for some part of Teesri Manzil and by that account, I declare that list to be rubbish. I haven't really seen many of the oldies. If anything Indian that I see is either Satyajit Ray's, the so called Indian "art" movies so that commercial whores can maintain their niche, a huge list of 90s, most of which were paid tortures, and the odd ones which I list below in no particular order

Teen Deewarein
Salaam Bombay
Swades
Lakshya (possibly the only half-decent Hindi war movie)
<Can't really decide/remember>

No movie from the last 15 years would make my list.

I haven't seen teesri manzil in many years but it's a great thriller with some classic RD Burman music.

Shatranj Ke Khiladi is a Satyajit Ray movie.

Any movie that Karan Johar vouches for should be burnt, along with him ofcourse

Crapp, Mehro and other sub-continental weirdos, can name your top 5 Hindi movies?
Hmmmm toughie

Hazaaron khwaishein aisi
Andaz Apna Apna
Deewar
There was a movie with Raj Kaporr in black white where he plays a very poor man , I think it was called Jagte Raho

Really tough to decide I have watched loads of movie from 70s and 80s but can't remember their names.....

Just watched Page 3 tonite, though it was good but a bit too obvious as in could have been more subtle .

mehro said:
No movie from the last 15 years would make my list.

I haven't seen teesri manzil in many years but it's a great thriller with some classic RD Burman music.

Shatranj Ke Khiladi is a Satyajit Ray movie.

I know about Shatranj, I haven't seen it

Hazaron is a goon choice Crapp. And 1947 Earth would make my top 5

Have neither of you seen 3 Teewarein?