Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Reign of Fire was awful.

Anyhow. . . I watched Save the Green Planet(Korean), last night. All I can say is that it's totally insane. I loved it. Had everything, black humour, revenge, sci fi. . . really did cover all genres. It parody plenty of classics, such as 2001, Misery and The Shining, too. Some may dislike the ending but I wouldn't take it literally(spoiler: it was Lee Byeong-gu's imagination, and then he had flash backs of his life ).

Okay Man... I'll check out that movie.

If You find some other good sci-fi, post it and I will take it as a advice from You, because I seek good sci-fi movies.

Catch and Release A bit of a chick flick with Jennifer Garner bereved just before here wedding. The bereved mates, family and secret love child provide the drama and a few laughs. Somewhat predictable but well handled and a step up from the usual trash in this genre. Well worth a watch with the missus on DVD. 8/10

I didn't like it at all. Jennifer Garner is a terrible actress.

Okay Man... I'll check out that movie.

If You find some other good sci-fi, post it and I will take it as a advice from You, because I seek good sci-fi movies.

There aren't that many good Sci fi films around, which is the problem. Alien, Aliens, Blade Runner, Star Wars, Solyaris(not everyone's cuppa, granted), Terminator 1 and 2, Donnie Darko, 2001 and probably the best ones. Oh and Open Your Eyes was fantastic, too, perhaps you should check that out. Also check out anime. I watched Paprika, and thought it was fantastic. If you want cyperpunk, I think anime's your best bet.

Catch and Release was another movie I chose over Norbit on my flight.

I also had the privilege of watching Blades of Glory and Firehouse Dog on this recent trip to New York.

Firehouse Dog - I guess kids might enjoy it.

Blades of Glory - Has its funny moments.

Why can't they show good movies on flights?

"Serenity"

If anyone watched the Sci-fi show called Firefly, this movie tells another story of legendary group os smugglers in space.

Good and funny movie + great space battle scenes.

But of course, Spoony will say it was awful.

My friends tried to drag me for Talladega Nights when it released. I told them to feck off. They came back and told me I'd missed one of the best movies ever.

Blades of Glory is the only Will Ferell movie I have seen.

Norbit was so shit we turned it off after 15 minutes. Which is some sort of record. It was so unfunny it was offensive.

"Serenity"

If anyone watched the Sci-fi show called Firefly, this movie tells another story of legendary group os smugglers in space.

I think I saw Serenity but it must have been shit because I don't remember much besides the name.

"Serenity"

Yes. I hated it. It was like a TVM. And I don't understand why it's highly rated. Then again, I have't watched Firefly, so perhaps it just wasn't for me.

So, yes. . . it was fecking awful!

I think I saw Serenity but it must have been shit because I don't remember much besides the name.

I have watched it and while I don't think I hated it beyond all reason I have zero memory of it now.

Which can't be a good sign.

There aren't that many good Sci fi films around, which is the problem. Alien, Aliens, Blade Runner, Star Wars, Solyaris(not everyone's cuppa, granted), Terminator 1 and 2, Donnie Darko, 2001 and probably the best ones. Oh and Open Your Eyes was fantastic, too, perhaps you should check that out. Also check out anime. I watched Paprika, and thought it was fantastic. If you want cyperpunk, I think anime's your best bet.

Split Second, Johny Mnemonic, 12 Monkeys and Brazil were also not a bad sci-fi.

Anime... ? Ghost In The Shell, Akira, Appleseed, Cashern... Yeah, there is plenty of good anime movies.

Paprika & Open Your Eyes - Didn't watched it, yet, but I surely will. Big Thanks.

Was planning on watching Tesis last night but my flatmate seems to have somehow lost the DVD. The guy is amazing. He can lose anything in an empty room. He once left his glasses in the washing machine and then looked all over the house for them for an hour.

My friends tried to drag me for Talladega Nights when it released. I told them to feck off. They came back and told me I'd missed one of the best movies ever.

They are imbeciles. Get new friends.

Blades of Glory is the only Will Ferell movie I have seen.

Reportedly notnquite as shit as most of his other films. I will probably rent it on DVD. And then hate it.[

Split Second, Johny Mnemonic, 12 Monkeys and Brazil were also not a bad sci-fi.

Anime... ? Ghost In The Shell, Akira, Appleseed, Cashern... Yeah, there is plenty of good anime movies.

Paprika & Open Your Eyes - Didn't watched it, yet, but I surely will. Big Thanks.

Brazil was very good. 12 Monkey's didn't quite do it for me. Haven't seen Appleseed. . . but I'm planning to watch a few anime films, but not ones with silly robots in it. I downloaded Perfect Blue yesterday, same director as Paprika. . .and a series called Paranoia Agent too.

Reportedly notnquite as shit as most of his other films. I will probably rent it on DVD. And then hate it.[

They also loved Nacho Libre and Tenacious D: Pick of Destiny so much that they bought the DVD set which came with the 'Pick of Destiny'.

Some of them hate Scarface.

Was planning on watching Tesis last night but my flatmate seems to have somehow lost the DVD. The guy is amazing. He can lose anything in an empty room. He once left his glasses in the washing machine and then looked all over the house for them for an hour.

I'm like that. I once lost a tie. Someone pointed out to me, that it was around my neck, after searching for an hour.

Brazil was very good. 12 Monkey's didn't quite do it for me. Haven't seen Appleseed. . . but I'm planning to watch a few anime films, but not ones with silly robots in it. I downloaded Perfect Blue yesterday, same director as Paprika. . .and a series called Paranoia Agent too.

I keep planning to watch Brazil but it's so long that I get put off and pick something else every time.

I loved 12 monkeys. Brad Pitt's best role ever.

They also loved Nacho Libre and Tenacious D: Pick of Destiny so much that they bought the DVD set which came with the 'Pick of Destiny'.

A mate of mine told me Hostel and Cabin Fever were amazing. . .and that I should watch them, suffice to say I felt like punching him after seeing them.

Nacho Libre was almost as bad as TN

You really need new friends

I'm like that. I once lost a tie. Someone pointed out to me, that it was around my neck, after searching for an hour.

I once lost a motorbike helmet and after 15 minutes of searching I located it in my hand. Doh!

Wibble, I don't like that shiny trophy next to your name. I have tried playing Hexxagon like a 100 times and it never makes that mistake for me.

Perfect Blue... Intresting. Tell more about that movie when You watch it.

From anime series I watched first season of Ghost In The Shell series. Quite good.

Patlabor I & II are great classic anime movies.

Catch and Release A bit of a chick flick with Jennifer Garner bereaved just before here wedding. The bereaved's mates, family and secret love child provide the drama and a few laughs. Somewhat predictable but well handled and a step up from the usual trash in this genre. Well worth a watch with the missus on DVD. 8/10
:gay:

You are getting too mellow in old age. That movie was crap, concept wasn't bad but characters had no depth at all.

Perfect Blue... Intresting. Tell more about that movie when You watch it.

From anime series I watched first season of Ghost In The Shell series. Quite good.

Patlabor I & II are great classic anime movies.

Anymore that look like Ghost in the Shell? I just love that cyperpunk look that was defined by Blade Runner.