Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Where does caché fit into it? I wasn't all that fussed on it.

Will give The Piano Teacher a go.

Greenberg - Pretentious bollocks. If you have to work that hard to be all edgy and arty then you're wasting your time.

Greenberg - Pretentious bollocks. If you have to work that hard to be all edgy and arty then you're wasting your time.

Is that the Ben Stiller Serious Actor movie? Couldn't get past 20 minutes of that, absolutely nothing was happening.

Bad Teacher - I watched twenty minutes and it was so bad that I got up and left. Which was a pretty extreme reaction given that I was watching it in my bedroom.

The Sorcerer and the White Snake : 5/10

It's good seeing Li (Jet) back into the fantasy wuxia genre, it's quite refreshing, but this overly done chinese myth has gone on for too long, the lovers have really horrible chemistry between them, there's no character building and stuff, and Jet li was too comical at times, it seems he's like the PG13 version of Fa Hai (which is quite a character in the original version).

But the fantasy battle is great, with an OKish CG.

good pop corn flick for a fantasy wuxia lover, but don't expect too much.

Revisiting : "A few Good Men" - Tom Cruise, Jack Nicholson, Kevin Bacon, Demi Moore

This courtroom drama was a gem back then, Jack Nicholson was superb in his acting, Cruise was abit overacting, but overall it's tense and interesting. THe last 10 min from Nicholson worth an oscar

Abduction

Is Taylor Lautner really some kind of heartthrob? Very un-attractive imo.

I enjoyed this - has a beginning, a middle and an end, and wasn't taxing on the brain. Reminded me of the old Hitchcock thrillers.

Loads of flaws though.

Why was there a bomb in the oven? They wanted to use the boy as a bargaining tool, so blowing him to bits wouldn't have been the most sensible option.

Abduction

Is Taylor Lautner really some kind of heartthrob? Very un-attractive imo.

I enjoyed this - has a beginning, a middle and an end, and wasn't taxing on the brain. Reminded me of the old Hitchcock thrillers.

Loads of flaws though.

Why was there a bomb in the oven? They wanted to use the boy as a bargaining tool, so blowing him to bits wouldn't have been the most sensible option.

Watched it with my younger sister who kinda fancies Lautner. Found it unbearably shit, as did she. It also got one of the lowest ratings I've seen on rotten tomatoes:

Abduction - Rotten Tomatoes

Watched it with my younger sister who kinda fancies Lautner. Found it unbearably shit, as did she. It also got one of the lowest ratings I've seen on rotten tomatoes:

Abduction - Rotten Tomatoes

Yes, I saw that.

I found it a comfortable watch. I wasn't in the mood for anything where I had to think.

But Taylor Lautner has to be one of the least charismatic male leads Ive ever seen in my life.

James Michael and his curls

I read Joe McFadden as Joe McElderderry for a minute and spat my wW toffee & honeycomb sundae all over my screen in shock :lol:

Ooh, there was a JM I didn't think of. :)

James Michael has had his curls cut off by the stylist - and four acts are being sent home this week, and I think he'll be one, because Gary seems a tad obsessed with Craig and Frankie, and he said James was a risk.

I'm really peed off with XF abandoning the public vote this early on. It's cruel. But another topic. :)

Ooh, there was a JM I didn't think of. :)

James Michael has had his curls cut off by the stylist - and four acts are being sent home this week, and I think he'll be one, because Gary seems a tad obsessed with Craig and Frankie, and he said James was a risk.

I'm really peed off with XF abandoning the public vote this early on. It's cruel. But another topic. :)

Very cruel and I'm disillusioned with it already

Jean de Florette - It's been billed as a French Godfather and I could feel some similarities throughout the film, the cinematography, the mood and the score. It's obviously not as good but it's a pretty fine film about greedy farmers in rural Provence. Going to watch the sequel next.

I watched Senna on the plane to NY last week and liked it so much I watched it again on the way back. My only criticism would be it was possibly too fawning, with Ayrton painted like a crusading saint single handedly saving racing from the duel evils of Prost & Balestre whilst messianically rescuing Brazil from poverty and indifference. It paints Prost harshly IMO, and skips very lightly over criticisms of Senna's dangerous & cynical streak but does give you what seems like a realistic picture of a remarkable man.

And despite it's very minor flaws, it's supremely evocative, moving and engrossing thoughout. Certainly one of the best Bio-Docs I've ever seen.

8-8.5

Highlander 5 The Source.

OMG Why did I watch this dreadful excuse of a film , the last in a series of Highlander films which got worse after and excellent first one.
The story is all over the place , some of the acting is OK but most is just bad.

3/10

Watched The Ghost last night on a friend's recommendation. That person is no longer any friend of mine. Terrible film. Terribly acted. Terribly scripted. Terribly directed. Terribly edited. And this coming from a fan of Polanski. He managed to drag career worst performances out of everybody, which is quite some achievement.

3/10

The Pianist It was very good. Parts of it dragged a little, but Adrien Brody did a great job.

9/10

Two films I've seen professionaly this weekend:

Crazy, stupid love: one of the best romantic comedies in recent years, still its a bit crap. The middle act was like a french farce from the Moliere era and the last act (maybe because of the otherwise decent Steve Carell) reminded me of Little Miss Sunshine (5/10)

Real Steel: Stallone should have this part, its Over The Top meets Rocky with nice special effects. 2/10

Two films I've seen professionaly this weekend:

Crazy, stupid love: one of the best romantic comedies in recent years, still its a bit crap. The middle act was like a french farce from the Moliere era and the last act (maybe because of the otherwise decent Steve Carell) reminded me of Little Miss Sunshine (5/10)

Real Steel: Stallone should have this part, its Over The Top meets Rocky with nice special effects. 2/10

Only 2/10, that sounds like movie gold!?!?!

I've seen that movie!

rock-em-sock-em.jpg