Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Speedway. Another Elvis movie. It follows the same general layout as the other 2 I've watched. This time though, Nancy Sinatra is thrown into the mix. Always had a bit of a thing for her, so nothing wrong with her being in it. The ending is too quick though. The resolution lasts all of 4 seconds.

Thank you. I'd heard some stuff about fantastic gritty action. Not exactly the kind I had in mind, but I guess...actually, I don't know what I guess. Anyways, thank you
:lol:
Seriously, its very good. but sometimes it can be brutal. There is no anti terrorism message here. If anything it could be seen as a call to arms. it does not go out its way to hide the excitment these young terrorists/freedom fighters experienced at the time.

The only problem i had with it was the end result..
And i was left asking myself was there really any need for the baader meinhof
group, and what exactly did it achieve.

Damned United

8.5/10 If you have not watched it, get it and watch it. A footie film about Brian Cough and his appointment as the manager of Leeds United. The movie also shows the events leading up to his appointment, mainly the raise of Derby County.

Great movie.

The Idiot by Akira Kurosawa

It's an alright film, I didn't feel as he portrayed the main character genuinely good as well as Dostoevsky in his book, but it was good enough. I don't know if I can rely to the film without thinking about it as an adaptation, because I really liked the book. But I wasn't baffled, it was just plainly alright. Some nice Kurosawaish stuff cinematography and all the scenes work, it just didn't go the extra mile.

7/10 - I think..

The Fantastic Mr Fox

If you've seen one Wes Anderson film you've seen em all. This is basically Roald Dahls classic tale put into a bowl and whisked with the Royal Tenenbaums despite being not as funny as either that, Rushmore or The Life Aquatic.

That said, it's pleasant enough. The stop motion animation is superb, the voice casting universally excellent (Clooney is perfect as the lead) and at under 90 minutes it doesn't over stay its welcome.

The Fantastic Mr Fox
This is basically Roald Dahls classic tale put into a bowl and whisked with the Royal Tenenbaums despite being not as funny as either that, Rushmore or The Life Aquatic.7

Given that none of those are worth over a 2/10 how does this get such a high score.

The Apartment: Jack Lemon and Shirley Maclaine were very good and I found it enjoyable. I think I preferred Some like it Hot which was Directed and co-written by the same guy (Billy Wilder), although this is a much deeper film and has a lot more substance and provoked a bit of thought in me about what I'd do in a similar situation.

I would recommend watching it although I can't seem to decide on how to rate it out of ten!

The Apartment: Jack Lemon and Shirley Maclaine were very good and I found it enjoyable. I think I preferred Some like it Hot which was Directed and co-written by the same guy (Billy Wilder), although this is a much deeper film and has a lot more substance and provoked a bit of thought in me about what I'd do in a similar situation.

I would recommend watching it although I can't seem to decide on how to rate it out of ten!

Two of my favorites. And how awesome does Shirley Mclaine look in the Apartment. If you enjoyed these two you should watch other movies by Wilder. He's done a whole bunch of excellent ones. One of the best directors ever.

Two of my favorites. And how awesome does Shirley Mclaine look in the Apartment. If you enjoyed these two you should watch other movies by Wilder. He's done a whole bunch of excellent ones. One of the best directors ever.

She was very attractive!

Any particular Wilder movies you would suggest?

Double Indemnity - a must watch. One of the best movies ever.
The Lost Weekend
Sunset Blvd.
Ace in the Hole
Stalag 17
Sabrina
Witness for the Prosecution
One, two, three

Thanks,

I will definitely try and watch a couple of them and I will let you know my thoughts.

The Soloist 6.5/10- Robert Downy Jr is a journalist with pation about his profession and a strong desire to make a difference. Jamie Fox is a Juliard schooled brillian musican who now strolls the streets of LA. A good movie about the life of the homeless people in LA and how a single event in life can turn your world upside down.

Up in the Air 5/10 - George Clooney is the guy who spends 340 days of the year traveling. It is an ok movie, watchable, there is a good bit of dynamics to the movie, interesting dialogue, especially for those who have flown a bit for business, but nothing thought provoking. At the end, I was wondering what the movie's message was? Married to a wife or married to a job, maybe?

Double Indemnity - a must watch. One of the best movies ever.
The Lost Weekend
Sunset Blvd.
Ace in the Hole
Stalag 17
Sabrina
Witness for the Prosecution
One, two, three
I'd also throw in Kiss Me, Stupid(a not so well known movie starring Dean Martin), and The Sever Year Itch(the movie with the infamous Marilyn Monroe skirt scene).

The Warriors. Cheesy acting and poor dialogue at times, and the gang costumes wouldn't look out of place at a Mardi Gras. But the film's pure class. Fantastic entertainment. Last I watched it, I must've been around 17.

Warriors come out to playayyyy.

Just watched this for the first time. Really really enjoyed it, it's pure no-nonsense entertainment. Very original film with some interesting characters, and even more interesting acting.

I thought it was paced badly, it dragged big time in the middle. Nothing worse than a movie that drags. Like Jackson's King Kong. How could a movie like King Kong be so long?

Just watching half of a film called Mirrors, starring Jack Bauer and some bird wiv nice teets.

It's honestly horrific. Even a completely random raping of Asturias for the soundtrack cannot save it.

Although it is jaw dropping in one scene.

It had nothing new to add to the Vietnam War that other movies already hadn't. I love Oliver Stone's movies and up until Alexander came out Platoon was my least favorite.

Is correct

Wibble said:
Far better than Full Metal jacket but nowhere near as good as Apocalypse Now

Dunno why you dislike Kubrick movies, Wibs. He's truly ace.

Burn After Reading: In line with movies like Big Lebowski and Fargo where it's very hit and miss. Most in the west, acquanted with the "average Westerner's" mannerisms can relate to their movies. I found it frustrating.

Up in the Air

Decent film. Like a mix of 'Lost in Translation' and 'Thank you for Smoking' but not really as good as either of them.

Jason Reitman directed both Up In The Air and Thank You For Smoking didn't he?

I got Thank You For Smoking for Christmas there, it was on my 'to watch' list for a long time, the dvd is fecked though and I still haven't exchanged it.

It's Complicated 4/10

Typical chick flick, the 4/10 rating is only that high because of a few funny one-off scenes. Decent flick to take a girl to, but abysmal in its own right.
Also contains several scenes of Meryl Streep post-orgasm. Not a nice sight.

He did Juno too I think, and some episodes of The Office. Not a bad track record.

Hopefully his dad ends up doing Ghostbusters 3.:)

The Awful Truth - I didnt bother to look her name up but whoever the actress was she ruined what would have been a fine movie. Cary Grant was amazing as always and it's really difficult not to enjoy his movies but that female almost did it for me. 7/10