Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Watched "Dungeon Siege: In The Name Of King" by Uwe Boll. I'm traumatised how bad it is...

How did they convinced so many descent actors to play in that shit load of donkey feck movie ?!

Also watched Resident Evil 3... nothing special. Cloverfield was better.

Watched Micheal Clayton few days ago as well.....meh...didn't feel the movie at all. I was just waiting for it to reach it's obvious conclusion.

Watched Micheal Clayton few days ago as well.....meh...didn't feel the movie at all. I was just waiting for it to reach it's obvious conclusion.

I suppose the end wasn't exactly out of left field but I thought it was one of the better thrillers that I have seen recently. Well shot, acted and plotted without setting the world on fire.

I didn't think either were much good although Cashback was the worst of the two.
I enjoyed Science of the sleep very much. Cashback could have been good but instead of leaving viewer to draw his own conclusions, they explained each and every fecking thing.

I suppose the end wasn't exactly out of left field but I thought it was one of the better thrillers that I have seen recently. Well shot, acted and plotted without setting the world on fire.
Dunno, don't think there was any element of suspense in the movie at all. The acting was good but I never got into the movie. Probably should watch it again but don't think I will...

downloading, Cure(Kiyoshi Kurasawa) - horror, Returner - Japanese cyberpunk, believe it or not, Se, jie (Ang Lee) and Whispering Corridors 2. I'm in a Far Eastern mood.

Diary Of The Dead by Romero from 2007... can be intresting movie.

Will watch it this week.

Saw There Will be Blood finally and it was awesome. Really well directed and Daniel Day Lewis has done a fine job. Thought it was a lot better than No Country for Old Men.

i watched assembly over the weekend and thought it was pretty good war film. it is based on the chinese civil war around the late 1940's early 50's. there is effectively two parts to the story, the first is intense battle with fighting scenes as good as i have ever seen, right up there with (and possibly surpassing) saving private ryan. the second half followed him after the war. the second half was a bit slow paced comparably to the first half but i still really enjoyed it. would recommend it to anyone who enjoys war films such as saving private ryan.

Went all Hollywood at the end. . .and contained the odd deus ex machina moment, leaving you to think. . . er. . .how????

The Verdict - The verdict is that Paul Newman is the best actor ever and Lumet is a fine fine director. Not the most gripping courtroom drama you'll ever see but the acting and the direction keep you completely engaged for the entire length of it. 8.5/10

The Verdict - The verdict is that Paul Newman is the best actor ever and Lumet is a fine fine director. Not the most gripping courtroom drama you'll ever see but the acting and the direction keep you completely engaged for the entire length of it. 8.5/10

Yeah, i agree. Lumet has this way of keeping you hooked through his movies, even the plots aren't exactly mindblowing material. And he brings out the best in his actors - Newman in Verdict, Pacino in Dog Day Afternoon, Henry Fonda in 12 Angry Men.

What is Tales from Earthsea like I have read a few reviews most say its not that good. I've seen most of the Studio Ghibli films they are great.

I remember watching 'The Dirty Dozen' about 10 years back and thinking it was a great movie.

Anyone remembers if it actually was?

War Inc

John Cusacks latest film.

He plays a hitman in this, so the inevitable comparisms to Gross Point Blank unfortunately cloud this film, and you can't help watching it feeling that it isn't as good as. But that does it a diservice to be honest, as it has many good moments and some interesting swipes at war and Americas involvment in them.

A decent watch but not great.

7.5/10

Cloverfield. Not sure what all the hype was about. Was pretty good at parts, but I didn't care for the majority of the story.

That film was one of the best cinema experiences ive had in ages, genuinely made you feel like you were part of the movie.

Shame, because you cant live that experience again on DVD/TV.

Over my dead body

I don't believe I sat through it. 1/10

Lars and the real girl

Was actually a good idea and could have been a cracking movie. Instead it was utterly boring. A movie which should have showed how depressing and hard real life can be, instead glossed over it. With all lovely dovely nice characters.

2/10

I just watched 20 minutes of ''The Worst Film Ever Made'' (TM)

Freddie Got Fingered

-5/10

You have to wonder how films like this get the green light really

The Nines
meh....the problem with the movie is that after the first part of the three stories is over, one is merely concerned about solving the mystery or suspense of the movie. None of the three stories are compelling enough on their own. You are almost just waiting for movie to reach it's conclusion when everything is explained, which IMO is always a bad sign for a movie. Not a fan of Sci-Fi anyway so wasn't blown away by the explanation of the mystery like some others. Reynolds was good in the movie I thought, did not feel for any other actos at all.

5/10

Freddie Got Fingered

-5/10

I think it was funny seeing as it was delibrately trying to be awful, Tom Green actually collected an award because it was so bad.

Freddie Got Fingered

-5/10

I watched this after eating mushrooms.

It was the greatest cinematic experience of my life.

Ever.

Freddie Got Fingered

-5/10

Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Get on that, if you want to see the official Worst Movie of all time.

Scarface

Never seen it before last night, incredibly. It was....good.

7.8/10