Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Atonement Probably a bit too much of a chick flick for many but I really enjoyed it. The cinematography was utterly brilliant and should have won the Oscar. Film 8.5/10 Cinematography 10/10

Control The best film that I have seen in some time. The story of Ian Curtis's life and death, rise and fall or whatever. Anyone who is a Joy Division fan will love this but it is so much more. A brilliant depiction of a young man falling apart at the seams. Hard to watch at times but very much worth the effort. The casting, acting and B&W cinematography are truly excellent. 9.5/10

Loved Control too, a great film and a must watch for any Joy Division fan.

Glengary Glenross- In a movie where not much happens, it's vital to have great performances. Luckily, this movie had them. Some of the dialogue is superb(one particular scene with Ed Harris and Alan Arkin). Overall a good watch.

Glengary Glenross- In a movie where not much happens, it's vital to have great performances. Luckily, this movie had them. Some of the dialogue is superb(one particular scene with Ed Harris and Alan Arkin). Overall a good watch.

Yeah, I saw this a month back too. Good movie, great performances.

Also saw Serpico last week, brilliant.

Been watching a lot of movies recently but I keep forgetting to review them.

Yeah, I saw this a month back too. Good movie, great performances.

Also saw Serpico last week, brilliant.

Been watching a lot of movies recently but I keep forgetting to review them.

you need to watch a film called Exterminating Angels, mehro.

The Mist was a decent watch unlike most other adaptations of Stephen King's novels. That silly cow really did annoy the feck out of me.

Rendition 6.5/10

Plot outline: A CIA analyst questions his assignment after witnessing an unorthodox interrogation at a secret detention facility outside the US.
-----------
Great individual performance by Yigal Naor, otherwise a pretty ordinary story and cliche ending with no reasonable explanation.

Loved Control too, a great film and a must watch for any Joy Division fan.

The actor who got the part, apparently got the role due to his authentic Ian Curtis dance.
I thought it was brilliant, even though Joy Division were before i was born. It was a real education.

Gone Baby Gone

Fantastic film, best I've seen for a while. Older brother Affleck should leave the acting to his younger brother while he stays behind the camera.

Top notch.
9/10

Death Sentence 5/10

Plot outline: Eye for an eye.
--------------------

Why the hell such a class actor like Kevin Bacon took a role in this movie marked by predictable and shite screenplay: At least John Goodman pops up in the middle of it. I expected more.

21: 9/10

Just watched it tonight,

Really cool movie, talks about counting cards, Blackjack and all that.

Would recommend it highly to you cnuts.

Full Count. The second movie I worked on(oh yeah, my name is in the credits). When I worked on it I thought it would be a decent movie. It wasn't terrible but just seemed to lack something. Also, I didn't care for the narration.

He Was A Quiet Man. Overall, it's a decent film I guess. Some of the visuals seem out of place, and the CGI looks a bit shoddy. Christian Slater puts in a decent performance as a low level office worker going insane. And on a side note, I want to do naughty things to Elisha Cuthbert.

Watched Ondskan yesterday. Brilliant movie!

I wanna get "13 Tzameti", has anyone seen it yet??

13tzameti_l200608161543.jpg

She'd get it, Dwayne. Any new films I should see? I#m downloading, Before the Devil Knows You're Dead and Gone Baby Gone.

I saw that film last night, really enjoyed it. thought the combat scenes were fantastic. plus you get to see Audrey Tautou's butt.

Good movie but all those names totally confused me and sometimes they talk so fast I couldnt keep up reading the subtitles. But Audrey is just fantastic. I'd marry her immediately.

It's a decent film. I'd give it a 7/10.

I heard it's quite disturbing. Something like Man Bites Dog. That film gave me a fecking headache and they crazy thing is I watched it two more times. I just had to!

She'd get it, Dwayne. Any new films I should see? I#m downloading, Before the Devil Knows You're Dead and Gone Baby Gone.

have you seen half nelson? it was ok, interesting story even if I can't stand Ryan Gosling. I guess the best thing about it is that I still don't know what to think of the film or the ending. it's almost as if the entire film really didn't resolve anything in the story.

also, 'he loves me he loves me not' for more of our girl Audrey. very interesting piece of work that one.

Gone Baby Gone is good. Infact I liked it a lot. Well worth a watch.

The Kingdom. Shit. Nothing really happens other than showing the repressed culture in Saudi Arabia. But oh, there are couple of token good Arabs.

Run Fatboy Run- Okish. I liked the initial storyline, could have been very good light movie but lost the mojo in the end.

have you seen half nelson? it was ok, interesting story even if I can't stand Ryan Gosling. I guess the best thing about it is that I still don't know what to think of the film or the ending. it's almost as if the entire film really didn't resolve anything in the story.

also, 'he loves me he loves me not' for more of our girl Audrey. very interesting piece of work that one.

Got that on DVD. Quality film, very underrated.

Full Count. The second movie I worked on(oh yeah, my name is in the credits). When I worked on it I thought it would be a decent movie. It wasn't terrible but just seemed to lack something. Also, I didn't care for the narration.

how's william baldwin then?

That the one where she plays the crazy lady? If so, great movie.

French cinema is probably my favorite throughout the years. The French New Wave is my favorite genre/time of film.

great stuff that. I like that the newer films have such innovative juxtapostioning of the events in the story.

That is was so obviously an almost direct filming of a stage play spoiled it for me especially because the loud overacting that works on a live stage is too OTT on film.

French cinema is probably my favorite throughout the years. The French New Wave is my favorite genre/time of film.

I'm just getting into them right now. Ole can you recommend the better films of Godard and Truffaut. I have only seen Breathless (A Bout de Souffle) by Godard and Fahrenheit 451 by Truffaut. What else should I put on the top of my list ?