Gaming The RedCafe General/Random Gaming Chat Thread

Any recommendations for either Switch or Xbox for a game that you can dip in and out of?

I’m really easy in terms of genre (I’ll play anything)
Cuphead and Celeste.

Both fantastic. Very difficult, moreso Celeste, but I find myself yearning for more DLC from these two games.

Reactions: BenitoSTARR
Just finished Layers Of Fear last week. Anyone here played it? I played on handheld with headphones and nearly shat my pants a few times but also, there were points I was stuck for ages and realised it was a bug preventing me from progressing, which really pissed me off. But overall, it had great atmosphere and some good jump scares.

I was hoping to get the second part but the reviews are very mixed. Has anyone played that?

I've also just started Darkwood, which looks fun.

Spider-Man Remastered DLC - I enjoyed the Heist and Silver Lining - story beats were solid, writing was on point and the gameplay loop was as good as ever with some new enemies thrown in. Turf Wars was pure filler content and a bit of a grind to get through.

Metro Exodus DLC - I thought the base game was great so gave these two a go. Two Colonel’s felt like the older Metro games in its linearity. Unfortunately it was also too light in terms of gameplay. Sam’s Story was much better - with an attempt to capture the magic of the Volga level of the base game. The whole methodical first person shooter / explorer thing is right up my alley. On the other hand, the voice acting / writing were a significant downgrade from the base game and the way locks you out of the “open” world is poorly done.

I’d give both an 8/10. Good if you like the base games and more of those worlds or stories but nothing special.

Finished SW Outlaws and it's a pretty good game! Mostly, stealth with some gun play. Both of those just about make par, but the real highlight is the world. Fantastic SW vibes. The snowdrop engine is very impressive.

Now playing Blops 6 beta and counting down the days to astro bot.

Finished SW Outlaws and it's a pretty good game! Mostly, stealth with some gun play. Both of those just about make par, but the real highlight is the world. Fantastic SW vibes. The snowdrop engine is very impressive.

Now playing Blops 6 beta and counting down the days to astro bot.
How long did it take you to complete it? Just curious because i've heard it's open world

How long did it take you to complete it? Just curious because i've heard it's open world
It is open world. I had early access and mainlined the shit out of it. It took me about 17 hours. I did almost nothing of the side missions. I don't tend to like open world games much, these days, so I always try to make them as linear as possible. I reckon it would take 40-50 hours to do everything.

The new Dragon Age is out next month, 10 years after Inquisition.
My first impression was ‘wasn’t it supposed to get out in October’ to only realize that next month is October.

I haven’t played anything this year, I guess I’ll break the habit for it. But then, it will probably be shit.

The new Dragon Age is out next month, 10 years after Inquisition.
That initial trailer for it was one of the worst trailers I've ever seen, no joking :lol: . I'm lead to believe it's not quite as bad as initially feared but I'm not confident we'll ever get a game like Origins again.

That initial trailer for it was one of the worst trailers I've ever seen, no joking :lol: . I'm lead to believe it's not quite as bad as initially feared but I'm not confident we'll ever get a game like Origins again.
To be fair, Origins is one of the best WRPGs of all time. I would take it being half as good as Origins.

I'm quite confident we won't. Certainly not from Bioware.

That being said, the developers of Greedfall said that they're aiming for a more DA:O type game with the sequel and thus it's something I'm keeping an eye on.

Anyone been playing Quidditch Champions? Glad this is a free monthly game...and feel sorry for those who are going to fork out £30+ for it. Incredibly repetitive.

Anyone been playing Quidditch Champions? Glad this is a free monthly game...and feel sorry for those who are going to fork out £30+ for it. Incredibly repetitive.
Not even bothering despite it being free. It looks stupid.

Space Marine 2 reviewing well which was expected given the glowing previews.

To be fair, Origins is one of the best WRPGs of all time. I would take it being half as good as Origins.
1st was fantastic, enjoyed the 3rd too. 2nd was a disappointment. Hopefully they've taken some pointers from BG3 after its mammoth success, kinda like Inquisition did with Skyrim.

Anybody playing the newish Disney TCG Lorcana? Was seeing it by accident the other day - locked up behind glass in a gamesshop and thought I'd buy two starters and a couple of boosters for my daughter an me..

...fast forward: been quite obsessed with the whole thing and my Magic days are literally decades ago.

Anybody playing the newish Disney TCG Lorcana? Was seeing it by accident the other day - locked up behind glass in a gamesshop and thought I'd buy two starters and a couple of boosters for my daughter an me..

...fast forward: been quite obsessed with the whole thing and my Magic days are literally decades ago.
I bought a couple of the starter decks and a few random packs to try and get my wife into it so it would be something we could do together. We've yet to play a single game. How is it to play? I played Pokemon TCG quite a lot a couple of years ago and used to play Yu Gu Oh back in the day. There's a place near me that plays it and I'd been tempted to see if I'm close to having a semi-decent deck to take.

I bought a couple of the starter decks and a few random packs to try and get my wife into it so it would be something we could do together. We've yet to play a single game. How is it to play? I played Pokemon TCG quite a lot a couple of years ago and used to play Yu Gu Oh back in the day. There's a place near me that plays it and I'd been tempted to see if I'm close to having a semi-decent deck to take.
I have no clue! :lol:
I've read a bit online but also nothing too much in depth. This is supposed to be played with my 7-8yo daughter and I'll have to make out the rules and a couple of cards at least before we start otherwise her attention span won't cut it. Same as you, couple of starters and like 15 boosters. I'm not going down that rabbit hole trying to collect it or to build a good deck for my own sanity (can only imagine how it'd have been if I had my own income during the heydays of MtG) - playing at home only helps with that tremendously. Heard the starter decks of the first chapter were a bit lackluster, or better unbalanced, though.