The RedCafe Boxing Thread

AJ should retire...I've felt this for a while..

He's doing very well, made a fortune, go and live your life bro you can do anything. You don't need to get fecked up for the sake of it.

Still see Fury Joshua cashing in at some point. Too much money in these things

Maybe but I'm definitely been less and less enthused about it over the years. Rather see Dubios v Fury now

Dubois’ face looks pristine. Joshua didn’t lay a glove on him.

Embarrassing really from AJ. Never looked in the fight at all.

It's a career ender.

Maybe but I'm definitely been less and less enthused about it over the years. Rather see Dubios v Fury now

It’s like Mayweather vs Pacquiao. At least there was still heavy world wide interest in that fight when it eventually happened but it was nothing like what it would have been had it happened years earlier. AJ vs Fury is dead now.

It’s like Mayweather vs Pacquiao. At least there was still heavy world wide interest in that fight when it eventually happened but it was nothing like what it would have been had it happened years earlier. AJ vs Fury is dead now.

Don't remind me of that fight. What a waste that was. :annoyed:

Needs to retire. One feels the money fight with Fury is gone now.

Not just because he got rag dolled out there - it happens when you get caught early and never truly recover, but that final punch ... taking that kinda punishment is not good for anyone's health.

They were probably still best fighters around when that fight happened. Sure, not in prime, but still very good.

Joshua ain't very good anymore (it can be argued that he never was that good, and basically he defeated bums, an ancient Vlad and Parker). Fury is still very good, and would easily defeat Joshua, but again not on his prime.

Sensational from Dubois, too much power and aggression for AJ to deal with, you feel he has to retire now, don't know where he goes from here. Dubois definitely deserves a rematch with Usyk or Fury if he overcomes him this time round.

Still see Fury Joshua cashing in at some point. Too much money in these things

I mean it's insane but that's true. It would be complete idiots paying to reach those two though

They were probably still best fighters around when that fight happened. Sure, not in prime, but still very good.

Joshua ain't very good anymore (it can be argued that he never was that good, and basically he defeated bums, an ancient Vlad and Parker). Fury is still very good, and would easily defeat Joshua, but again not on his prime.
That's when I swore I would never again stay up to stupid o'clock to watch boxing. Never been so disappointed in a fight ever.

Of course I relented and watched all the Fury / Wilder fights and glad I did.

He should retire for sure. The time has passed for the Fury fight in my view. No doubt the PR machine would still make it lucrative but after suffering a demolition like that, it’s just so meh.

I don’t see how Joshua can come back from this. Mentally he took a hammering. Physically he was dominated. It’s tough yards to come back and be competitive when it’s already the twilight of your career.

I highly doubt there will be a rematch. I'm not sure what route AJ takes now. Is Whyte still around? :lol:

It's done AJ.

From the first bell AJ looked like a burnt out boxer preying for one good punch. He's been good, he's been a two time world champion but it's surely time to retire.

Dubois is a good fighter but he's not a top level one. AJ on his game would have dealt with him but this just adds to my previous statement.

BTW, Dubois isn't the greatest talker, is he?

It was over in the first - AJ never recovered from that shot despite lasting a few more rounds

You wonder if he could've been smarter, dug in, slowed it down and just spoiled for 2-3 rounds to try to get his head straight. Maybe he could've got back into it from there, you saw the power was still there right at the death.

Instead he kept trying to trade and was eating jabs for fun. He was never able to get a foothold in the fight,never looked comfortable at any point

All the credit to dubois, he never let up and threw really high quality shots throughout. Peach of a counter to finish. A great performance

Wouldn’t be surprised to see the rematch. The narrative will be that the first knockdown did AJ and he never properly recovered.

Rematch would go exactly the same way I think. Dubois looked absolutely outstanding. Too quick, strong and hungry for AJ.

That was savage, so much so that I couldn’t help but feel sympathy for AJ. He looked completely lost.

Some fighters have that natural savagery. With AJ, I’ve always got the impression, right or wrong, that he’s putting on a facade to suggest he’s enjoying it. Almost feels as though he’s a puppet and someone else is pulling the strings. The British Victor Drago.

With a sport as brutal as this, it’s no surprise a lot of fighters fall deep into the depths of depression and mental illness. I can see AJ going that way, and as much as he seems willing to put the game face back on, I hope his team don’t wheel him out for another pay day.

As for Dubois, wow. I’d never seen him fight before and he was so good from the moment the first bell rang. Even in the fifth, it seemed like he was willing to let AJ back in just enough to leave him exposed for the finish. And then bam. Can’t wait to see him fight again.

Sky barely even mentioning that he should retire? Except that he'll push for the rematch.... crazy.

AJ needs to retire. He's got nothing left, he's not got whatever he once had anymore. It's sad to watch.

No real interest in Fury/AJ at this point, the moment is long long long gone sadly.

Cracking night for Dubois though, really happy for him.

It was over in the first - AJ never recovered from that shot despite lasting a few more rounds

You wonder if he could've been smarter, dug in, slowed it down and just spoiled for 2-3 rounds to try to get his head straight. Maybe he could've got back into it from there, you saw the power was still there right at the death.

Instead he kept trying to trade and was eating jabs for fun. He was never able to get a foothold in the fight,never looked comfortable at any point

All the credit to dubois, he never let up and threw really high quality shots throughout. Peach of a counter to finish. A great performance
I think you have to factor in the build-up to this fight. Joshua was talking down to Dubois the whole time and gave him the fuel and motivation to do him in.

Joshua's attitude was always going to be that he'll "son" this kid and show him who's boss; he didn't treat him with the respect he deserved going into the fight, so there's no way he was going to do that in the ring. Story as old as time; hubris being the downfall of a fighter, but Joshua should know better... of all people, he should know better. Might even say serve him right for not taking his opponent seriously.

Surprised at all the media talk as if this was a surprise. I mean I know Aj won his last 4 fights but who did he really fight ? Was everyone asleep when Dubois fought Usyk and Hrgovic ?